What's new

HomeDepot Cab - Hash Plant & NL

ultrahobo

This is the third grow I have been a part of. The first two are on this forum as well and I will place links to them later. For now I want to get this initial post up.

Plants:
Here in California growing marijuana for personal medical supplies is A.OK as long as you follow the rules. Where I am based you are allowed 6 mature plants, provided you have a doctor’s recommendation and 'cannabis card'.
We are lucky in another way too, in that we can go to a local dispensary and purchase clones; which are usually from a really good source with strong genetics. Sometime I will try seeds, but for now clones are far more convenient. For this grow in particular I have chosen two Northern Lights #1 and four Hash Plant clones. They all were healthy and nicely rooted and these two varieties are suited for indoor grows and are purported to be decent yielders under these conditions.

Substrate:
I only grow organic, but I am not a huge fan of soil for reasons that are not pertinent to this post; and hydro, although its not terribly complicated its temperamental enough that a small mistake can cost you a harvest. Instead I opted to use for this and all my other grows an Organic soil-less mix. It is 65% inert peat and 35% perlite.

For those that do not know a soil-less system, although it contains dirt, persay, contains no initial nutrients and facilitates easy root propagation as well as a low affinity for water, furnishing the plants with plenty of water and nutrients. In this type of system you use standard hydroponic nutrients and additives, which you pre-mix with the water before each watering.

Nutrients:
I use all organic nutrients and if needed, which I have yet to need, organic pest control methods. I use all of the following throughout various stages of the grow cycle.

Liquid Karma - a low Nitrogen bio fuel; assists in root and plant health
Grow/Veg - Standard organic vegetative phase nutrient profile
Bloom/Flower - Standard organic flower phase profile
Cal-Mag - used sparingly, organic source of micro nutrients
Guano - Contains Nitrogen as well as other biomass (enzymes, microbes)
Sweet - A complex carbohydrate that decreases nodal spacing during the vegetative phase and increases flower/bud size as well as contributes to a sweeter smoke.

For my purposes I used distilled water to add my nutrients too as well as an air stone to not only facilitate a homogenous mix but to also increase the oxygen content of the water and therefore at the roots of the plants. This not only helps prevent root rot but also helps the plant absorb the nutrients.
The last important piece of the nutrient/watering puzzle is the all important pH down and ph test kit. I would prefer an electronic pH meter, but I am using a swimming pool style test kit.

The Space:
I am using a home depot cabinet (C24) modified to hold a 400W HPS, carbon filter, and exhaust fan; all above the grow chamber. The six plants and grow media are split into three Rubbermaid containers, rectangular in shape; 14" x 18" x 12", two plants each. Like my other grows I will be using a combination of Low Stress Training and High Stress Training; which I have found to be very effective in producing large yields of super kind bud in a small space.

Now we join the plants at day 14 under a 24 hour light cycle, at the end of their first day of training. Notice the twine and bent over branches. The next set of pics, day 17 are vastly different.

NL Veg Day 14

Hash Plant Veg Day 14 #'s 1 & 2

Hash Plant Veg Day 14 #'s 3 & 4

Last edited:

ultrahobo

Veg Day 17: Training Takes Hold

Veg Day 17: Training Takes Hold

Here they are three days later, vegetative day 17, watered and with the training starting to take hold. Tomorrow, day 18 they will be trained some more and watered again. Will post again ASAP.

Hash Plant 1 & 2

Hash Plant 3 & 4

Broken stem on 4 that is why it is not lying flat like the others. It will need to be re-trained once it heals.

Northern Lights 1 & 2

Close Ups of NL then HP

All of Them

Last edited:

Pimpslapped

Looks good so far, can't wait to see how they grow up.

Have you experienced any problems due to shared soil in the tubs? Not as much of a concern growing from clones as it would be from seed I'm sure. Just curious as to your experiences.

ultrahobo

Sharded soil

Sharded soil

As long as the peet soaks in the nutriated water long enough before your mix everything together you wont have any problems, atleast I have't :p. And all does well they should turn out killer. The way I train my plants sometimes ends up in a hit or miss. Usually its unbelieveable so keep your fingers crossed.

To the Future ======>

ultrahobo

Grow Day 21

Grow Day 21

Day 21, Not much to say, broken a stem while training, waited a few days too long to start. that is why that tha' hashplant is all weird on the right. Theres a pic of the healing break, about a day later.

Broken Hash Plant Healing Day22

Broken Hash Plant

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Good pics like the one of you or who ever that is holding the buds. Those things will get huge with all that room for root growth.

ultrahobo

Flower Time

Flower Time

Here they are, veg day 26, moving to flower tomorrow on day 27. They are looking good, needs a nitrogen boost, but the guano and Karma should take care of that.

ultrahobo

Flower Day #4

Flower Day #4

Tubs have been rotated, new Votex fan installed due to noise issues. All is looking good sofar, but I think the Hash Plants are a little low on "N" so we dosed em, see what goes.

Vortex

HashPlant

NL

NL Side View

HashPlant Side View

All from the top

All From almost the side ;-)

Cheers to the Sloth-a-nator