What's new

Computer case dry box

S

screwdriver

Just another stoner idea....

Took the computer completely apart, remove stuff and to seal holes. In the second pic you can see the holes on the bottom of the case where the air flow will come from. Hygrometer is also moved.(Before more mods)

Ripped apart power supply kept on/off switch and fan. Using a 9v 500mA its whatever I had. A little carbon filter for some odor control.
The schematic:

I had to cut some plastic from the humidistat cover to get to the correct terminal.

S

screwdriver

Then I got ripped and got out the power tools. Safety went out the window. :spank:

So I got some wood, glued then cut to the right size. Nailed into a box.

I cut some wood laying around nailed into box shape and added a window screen to bottom. Added spacers to wood box so the screens slide like a shelf. Then crammed into my PC.

Cut the last piece to cover buds. Internal hygrometer installed into piece that will be part of the duct work. The humidistat is mounted into a sheet metal duct I made from scrap. Mounted between box and where the power supply sucks from.

With hygro plate installed it is sealed and pulls air from only the bottom.(Mostly)

Extra pics

When the humidity in the box gets to be 70% the fan pulls fresh air from the bottom until 60% is reached and the fan cuts out.
Slow dry, stealth, odor controlled, stoner project.
:headbange

I don't want to sound rude, but could you make a little more detailed instructions...i love the idea and would love to make one, i'm just not the best with instructions and would love it if you could explain exactly how you did everything. I actually have some old computer cases, come old compute fans, and a power supply laying around. What other materials do i need?

Thanks

S

screwdriver

I tried to get by on pics and a more detailed version probably wouldn't apply to a different computer case. I am just trying to slow the movement of air through a small cabinet.

I started with: PC case, 9vdc 100mA power pack, working power supply, carbon filter, and packing tape. The tools you need is a drill and bit, knife and a screwdriver :jump:. I drilled the rivets out holding the motherboard mount and added holes to the bottom of case.( not all cases need this so a drill may not be needed) Used the screwdriver to take everything apart.

The case I have now is more complete and have added a humidistat (a switch that makes contact or releases contact with the change in humidity), some LEDs on the front, I removed the cd player and kept the front, a bigger power pack and spanish cedar wooden tray box thingy.

The design could be as simple as sealing the pc from the inside with packing tape and hanging bud in there. The air movement could be done with a dc power pack hooked directly to the fan. The power could be on a timer turning on and off so you don't over dry. Just take everything out of the pc power supply except the fan(wire to power pack) and add some carbon filter (not really needed unless really stinky).

If you have a specific question I may be able to answer more in detail. This project is real easy, but it can get more complex. It is easy the more tools you have. How far do you plan to go and what tools you can use?

Starting off.....Look for a case that can be sealed from the inside. If the case has a single cover it may be more difficult to seal from the inside. Mine had independent sides so I could leave one side on and seal it the other side sealed fairly tight, but not perfect then the top slide in place. Just attempting to get as much of the air flow from one location so I can filter it(cat hair) before it enters where the bud is.

S

screwdriver

I've gotten several nice comments about my drawers and whats in them. :nono:

Bongmat

Props

Props

:respect: Screwdriver is a craftsman. I have seen it in person and this is only one of his 'stoner projects'. He uses what he has and makes it better than if it had been blueprinted. He put together my flowercab and set me up with something to put in it, so i felt i had to give him his due credit on the forums. ALL HAIL!!
can't wait to see what's next

S

screwdriver

Thanks.

Bongmat, your flower cab does not qualify me as a craftsman. We make do with what we have. Remember, I could have looked for hinges. I know I got some. You wanted the duct tape hinge. I don't recall seeing that episode of "The Yankee Workshop" where they used duct tape. Thanks and get the WW under 18/6. Your in motion now.

Latest posts

Latest posts