What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertically in cab

Propoline

Hello folks,

let me invite all of you, to my "build a cab" thread.This will be my first ever cab, so I will need lots of you support.I ve been lurking around for some time now, and seen all yours great designs of diferent cabs, and I hope I learned enough to build my own. But at the same time I noticed that none of you (or i just missed his thread :badday: ) has done an verticall cab grow, so I decided to give it a try. It will be a micro vertical scrog setup with aircooled 150 hps for flowering, and about 250W of flouros.I have to go stealth so the cab will be cooled only with pc fans on speed controlers.

I ve done some drawing, and ended up with this

flower cab with 150 hps on the left, and veg/preflower half on the right

together

Flower room from top and 4pcs of net

and finaly the "mechanism" how to get the plants out of the cab

First build up pic coming soon....

:wave: :wave:

Propoline

from drawing board to work

from drawing board to work

Let s start now.I ve puted the cab together, and mounted in same shelfs <-- (?), and magnets on the edges of the doors.I want you guys to see some pic,so here are the first ones

here is the cab without the doors on

flower room with shelf on rails

veg (moms+clones) on the left, and veg/preflower part on the right side ( will contain 120w of flouros )

opened

closed

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
Looks clean and well put together. I am curious to see if it works the way you would like. While I am not an expert on the subject I feel you may run into some issues but I may be looking at your drawings wrong. I'll be keeping my eye on your progress. Good luck

FRizzo

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
if youve got the money hand a 400 watt in ther vert and air cool it in a cool tube. you would yeild amazingly in that setup.

Propoline

Hey there Frank, tnx for stopin in. If you see some issues please tell.I can still make some changes if I have to.I only started building it. I ll apreciate all yours help felows.

Propoline

:wave: C21H30O2,

I belive that 400w would be too much for that small cab, it s only 3sqft and 36 inches tall.I already have a 150 hps with remote balast, and will make DIY 4.7inch cooltube with 95m3/h (400-1500rpm) computer fan.I hope that 150 wont couse me heat issues.Maybe once in the future, if the temps will alow, I ll upgrade with higher watts, but still probably no more than 250-300.

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I wouldn't change anything on my account. I just am curious if the space surrounding you bulb will be enough for the plant and not have any heat/lightbleaching issue by the end of you run. Thats all. I haven't seen vertical done this small so it should be interesting to see how the whole thing turns out. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

FRizzo

Propoline

Frank , the space betwen cooltube and net is up to 6 inch, and to bulb 8.6 inch.Cooltube will have own intke.I know I have little space, but with good screen job I shuold be just fine........ hope so

propoline

G

guest5703

cant wait to see this one pro, when you gonna have some ladies in her?

S

stonedeconomist

this is going to be interesting, i've never seen a vertical grow done in a cab like this, good luck.

:lurk:

Propoline

Welcome in caligreen, things are slowly moving on. I just realized that has been almost a month since last job on cab, but tomorrow is building day....First ladies will be in soon, but they will be resting from long life under the sun.For the first indoor ladies will probably had to wait a little bit more.I got my seeds today, will be growing Hashberry and White Satin from Mandala.

stonedeconomist, nice from you stopped by. Well just have wait and see if this is gonna work out, also the cab is designed to be easily converted in a horizontal way, if this wont work or have a heat issues... I ve never grown indoor before...this is my first cab, so I m shure I ll get some problems....ok, I prepare my ladies in a closet for outdoor under a few flouros, but this is something different.

I just put together this sucker, and have a few more to put, and build in.Let the pics tell......

More pic in a few days

:wave: Propoline

alphacat

I've pulled up a chair! You're right in the first post - despite IC being the best grow site around, there's hardly any v-scrog action compared to some other forums. What gives?! Here's a thread I tried to keep alive about the subject though:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=17477

Anyways, very nice design. It looks like this will be a soil grow, or... ?

Regardless, something to consider is putting the whole plant/screen/bucket array on a turntable (and I don't mean a record player - rather, a rotating table mount), or what's called a "Lazy Susan" in the U.S. - this will make trimming much easier without having to remove the whole deal and hassle with the lights.

Propoline

Hey all :wave:

alphacat, tnx for your input. Don't know about other grow sites, I m only member here :headbange , and must thanks too all great growers on board for sharing their knowledge.I admire all DIY work on this site, it really shows how creative we can be.I m a little short with time, so progres is slow, but I enjoy every minute puting it tohether.
You are right, it will be a soil grow with 4 plants in 3gal pots.I get the idea about "Lazy Susan" ,sounds cool, but I couldnt turn it because my pots will be putted into corners. If you look in my first post you will find a pic of my "mechanism".I ll hope that will work ok.

I ve been working on cab last two days, and I mounted some ventilation in flower chamber, and putted together fluoro frame with 6x15W tubes, so total off 90W and 4500-5000 lumens.

95m3/h (400-1500rpm) computer fan for outtake air

Fluoro frame

Wiring

V

vhGhost

This is a great thread!! can't wait to see more. it really looks like this vertical way of growing the way to go, partly because you actually use almost 100% of the light output... great stuff

Propoline

:wave: vhGhost, you were right, I decided for vertical because I want to use as much light as possible, running only 150 HPS.

Yesterday I fired the fluoro frame on, and is bright as hell. Also mounted in, the rest of the fans in the bottom part of the cab, and I m almost finished with 4 fluoros in the mom chamber. Still lots of work to do...

See ya :wave:

Propoline

G

I just started running a cab similar to this with 2 150s vertically in cooltubes, 10 days in. working great so far, can't wait to see your's in action! link to mine is in my sig.

G

nice going

nice going

like what I see reminds me of my first grow.Similiar setup exceptwas using a 400 and a 150 vertically and was my best grow yet.

Haggis123

Propoline.....real nice and Pro' looking so far, can't wait to see it finished and fully up and running.
A Q' regarding your computer fan, did you have to trim the fan blades down....to allow you to fit them inside that metal collar ??

Propoline

Tnx for stopping by and nice words guys, it feels good to have some support by fellow growers, ...

la resistance, nice to hear everything is ok in your cab. I ll drop by later

Haggis123, no i didn't have to trim the blades down, I just removed the cage off the fan, and put it in the aluminium tube. The fan was attached to cage with rubber sticks, so I just pull it down.

I ve been busy last two days, and I finished the lightning in bottom part of the cab, so the first seeds will be in there in a few days :jump: :jump:

Few pics

A little messy atm, but this is just temporarily

Later ... :wave: :wave:

Propoline

Latest posts

Latest posts