What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ruderalis picked from the wild five days ago...

sznake

jarhead
Hey folks, for those of you who don't get to just pick weed from the wild, lol :D.. I present to you the Eastern European Ruderalis, some of the schwagiest schwag in the world, but the earliest flowering (auto-flowering) cannabis in the world --> seeds reach FULL maturity by the end of JULY.. sometimes even mid-June!

TONS of this stuff grow in the wild in my area (somewhere in E. Europe..) each year, usually within 100 meters alongside roads and in cornfields. The potency is really crap, even though they do not lack trichage and sometimes smell like crazy too. The smells vary from chemy to skunky/fruity, something like "canelope". If you smoke it it doesn't do much, but if you pick about 2 full grocery bags of it and do a milky-way with 2-3 liters of 3% milk it ****s you up for at least 8 hours straight and the high is psychedelic. I am reluctant to try it out though beacause the plants are usually dusty and polluted due to proximity to roads.

The colas in the picture were picked on saturday (aug 18) and due to the drought this year, only about a quarter of the seeds were mature, and there were a lot less plants too. As I said, during good years, this stuff is king of the plains around here, and sometimes grows monster-size (as in thickness) sticky-ass colas, and plants usually don't go taller than 4-5 feet.

Last edited:
G

are you gonna do some breeding or anything, or was this just meant to be informative?

sznake

jarhead
Well, its just informative, though the seeds I collected are going to go to a breeder in 'Dam.. :D he requested some beans to be sent for a project :D..

A funny thing I forgot to mention.. :D while I was picking the stuff I didn't even notice a traffic police car that was sitting like 50m from me hunting for speeding tickets, lol :D... anyways, most of the police around here wouldn;t know a weed plant if they saw one, so I saw the cop car right when I was heading back to my car, and at first I almost shit my pants lol, but then I noticed they were busy writing a ticket to a guy.. so I just kept going back as if nothing was up lol, and I went away w/o probs lol.. :D

Anyways, there was once an article in a newspaper here, a journalist asked some cops if they knew what those plants on the side of the road are, and the cop's like: "..uhh.. I dunno... some ordinary weeds... " :muahaha:

Last edited:
G

Dam doesn't look to bad, i'd keep keifing diffrent plants till i found a better one lol

sznake

jarhead
This a a small amount of finger hash I obtained from those colas in the pics above.. a quarter of it I think its dust, but it burned pretty nicely, constantly, like an incense stick, even though it wasn't even dry completely..

Just a few more bud and calyx shots...

Last edited:
N

New Grower

I live somewhere like you.

I hate these lil bitches what smells like the amphetamine.. I've never wanted to collect these... but last year I saw a nice one near by a lake in the middle of nowhere.

I think these bitches are mixed by industrial hemp till nowadays.. can't be still pure

peace

NG

Last edited:

sznake

jarhead
Yeah, its possible that they are mixed with ind hemp, though ind hemp does not finish by June-July, lol.. :D in some areas you can kind of tell that they are mixed because the plants are taller and have a lighter color, but in other areas the plants are really short and really dark green.. The seeds are also very dark, almost black, and very small.. industrial hemp seeds are light-brown or light-grey and quite larger.. I will show you a picture of the two kinds of seeds compared.. just a sec let me find it :D..

Last edited:

sznake

jarhead
Dang.. I can't find that pic, but I will take another one maybe tomorrow for comparison..

By the way, I saw the new pm from someone, but I can't acces my Personal Messagins b/c I'm short of 5 posts, lol... :D

Last edited:
G

Cool story!!!!!!

But that shit look to sativa like for ruderalis??
Maybe the HEMP got to the mix and gave it skimpy
thin sativa leaf???
Be cool to see that in the states everywhere!!!!!
Sounds like a mellow free country go are living in..
The best place to start a breeding program with any
weed that is good enuff for your climate, go for it!!

The trichomes look large and im shure you can find one
suitable for smokin/breeding!
Would be some COOL assed stories around here........
WE all love to hear from folks in other countries right folks!

N

New Grower

hi Lou!

The main problem with the local breeding is the "unexpected" male pollens. I grow original cup winner strains and my weeds are also contains around 2-5 seeds / gramm. What is the father??? maybe rudi maybe industrial shit. I've collected seeds from my almost full sense White Russian budz what I harvested in late Oct. These White Russian X rudi (f1) seeds looks very attractive. This generation should be much "early" than the original White Russian but the THC contain probable will reduce by the hemp or what pollinated it... I saw many many attempts with these unknown crosses by amateur growers (cause just they grow these bagseeds) and all the plants came to early flowerer, non to very little potency non compact plants with horrible taste..... so the breeding program seems impossible here.

maybe in the next few days I'll also go to a rudi research trip to the wild!

Thanks for the great pix sznake grower! I'll send you my rudi pix to compare ;)

peace, NG

N

New Grower

Lougrew! said:
thin sativa leaf???

I have no idea why has it so thin the leafs but I've never seen an indica dominant rudi here :nono: so I think the Sensi Seeds "Ruderalis Indica" strain couldn't be collected from here.

There is a sand-pit here where a guy collected (and sold) a lots of sativa style rudi plants... the high was weak but really had some effect. ...I heard about 2 other cases when there was "rudi" on the local weed market. :spank:

how nice would be if we only should go out to collect some "quality local" into the pipes from July :bandit:

peace, NG :alien:

Dr. Bloom

Thanks for the info New Grower!

I traveled to the Czech republic a few months ago and encountered some of the roadside ruderalis. I can't say too much for it...but hell...i had to ditch my amnesia haze when i got searched at the border (so close to ending up in jail) so i was happy for whatever i got. All I can say is that four people ended up giving me free weed in the czech....when i only asked for it one of the four times. Apparently it is a custom there to offer weed to others if you have it????
Man I wish it was like that in cali!
Anyways sorry for rambling.
Best of luck,
Dr.

N

New Grower

Dr. Bloom said:
Apparently it is a custom there to offer weed to others if you have it????

It's a personal thing... usually only the growers are so generous :tongue:

NG

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
I have a Russian friend who told me the same story abour wild Rudy plants around russia.. infact she told me nobody smokes it cause its too weak but they make "cannamilk" out of it and that gives you the right stone.. hehe mother nature knows the deal :wink:
Im wondering how many PM's you could have received after you posted this thread..
Ive had a ruderalis plant in the past (by case) and it really tasted super chemichal .. some of the worst stuff i ever burned.. woah the plant looked liek a tiny palm lol.. i wasnt even sure it was canna :D

anyways.. thanks for sharing.. i missed this kind of report from OG times..

M

mossy

bloody handy disguise for sneaking a few quality plants in amongst it..
especially if no-one bothers about it because it is common place.. :headbange

Sitting at the traffic lights this morning..I lit up a half smoked joint..
you know how they smoke..
and as I went to flick the ash out the window..my eyes caught the wing mirror and here is a local police car sitting right up the bumper.. :angrymod:

Man..
I didn't know whether to dump it..
hide it..
or bloody eat it.. :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

sznake

jarhead
Lougrew! said:
Cool story!!!!!!

thin sativa leaf???
Hey there Great LOU! I think you might be mistaking the Original Ruderalis (in my pictures) with the "Ruderalis Indica" which is a mix with an Afghani plant.

The Original Rudys look like miniature thai sativas (no taller that 3-5 feet), literraly squat "hobbit" plants, with VERY, VERY narrow fingerred leaves.