What's new

818 OG Kush

G

my buddy sqwirl hooked me a few things to try out and see what i thought so i've decided to put up a couple reports for him. sqwirl bro, you need to change that user title, 'amateur amongst professionals' my ass! :rasta:

i dont really know too much about the 818 og kush, just seems like a very slightly different sfv to me.

Appearance: taking a look at this bud reminds me of an evergreen forest. dark forest green with pine-needle-orange hairs and moderate trichrome coverage is very aesthetically pleasing to me. its not quite the resin bomb that certain other strains are as far as triche coverage goes but its certainly better than most of the better bag appeal strains.

Aroma: lemon pine-sol anyone? :yummy: its got the spicey piney deliciousness going on with a little twist of lemon in there as well. pretty much text book sfv og kush smell to me at least.

Taste: it amazes me how many aspects of this strain remind me of pine. the taste sticks to the tradition, its got a deep spicy, piney taste with that evergreen car air freshener thing going on. the citrusy flavor comes through well on the exhale and a blend of all of that is left on the taste buds.

High: well balanced, not a pure indica as the word 'kush' would imply. its not a 'kush' geographically speaking, in my opinion, but most definately a good hybrid. the high is good and solid without being overly strong or devastating. good anytime smoke, rather euphoric when getting out and having fun. its especially nice when going for a swim in a nice cold mountain stream. :D

thanks again sqwirl, post up some good pics if you got 'em! :headbange

gromer

Ive heard of the Abusive,ghost,larry and Im sure others they are just not popping to mind and now the 818.Is that a reference to one of the others Ive just never heard of?Hmm 818,looks and sounds delicious!!!Nice report!!

G

thanks gromer, 818 is the area code for the san fernando valley if i remember correctly. i guess all the different cuts of og werent enough, now we need different cuts of different cuts of og kush, lol. if i had to guess, i'd say its an s1 of sfv og ksuh or just a pheno from whatever seeds the sfv og came out of.

sqwirl

Awesome smoke report H&L, it excites me to see what you think of my stuff. Hope you truelly enjoyed!!

Shake that 818 @ 70days looks sweet, I'm thinking it is probably a different 818 than the one I have.

G

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sqwirl again.

the pleasure was all mine brother. that blackberry bubba was sensational to smoke and taste, didnt last long enough for the real report though, lol. i did get the sqwirldaddy up though, lol.

sqwirl

Picture show off time!!

Picture show off time!!

Here's a few pictures out of my gallery

sorry about the red tint of this one

Heres a few recently uploaded pictures. These are my 818 @ 59days

Hope you guys don't mind me showing off my pictures.

I highly agree with you H&L that this is a great daytime or anytime smoke. I've been enjoying my 818 alot. I don't feel it stands up to other top OG's, but I do have a special place in my heart for this lady.

I've never thought about this coming from the same seeds the sfv came from. That is a good idea. I've always pwned it off as an S1 of sfv, but it truely may have come from the same seeds. I suppose we may never know, but this 818 is very close to the SFV. imo

sqwirl

H&L hopefully I'll have some more Blackberry I can share in the future. I love that stuff for daytime smoke!

I think I'll keep the "Amateur amongst professionals" there for a while. Im nowhere near being a master pot grower. Thanks for your comments though, They definitly have givin me a little more self confidence.