What's new

?? ORANGE BUD ??

HAPPYTREE

I rememner in the early 90s i use to score some orange bud (Thats what we called it) in the southern california area that was just the shiiiiiiii****. Man ive been searching everywhere for these genetics if anyone knows what seedbay seller has some of these genetics or if the dutch passion OrangeBud is similiar. Ithimk it might ve been clone only

This bud had the most amzing taste with a decent chest expando. Usually golf ball style nuggets with stiff dark orange pistills and dark green color foliage. It was not sweet smelling but orange skunk stank. LOved it :joint:

Any help with this search wouldbe greatly apppreciated

AND IF ANYBODY HAS SOME PICS WOULD LOVE TO SEE EM yayayayayay :jump:

HT

Red_Nine

Hey Happy, Subcool has a strain called orange velvet that has an orange skunk as I believe the mom. They say it was aquired from some pacific northwest hippies. Check it out. Hit me with a pm if you need more info.

I

icon

i also use to smoke some really nice orange flavored/smelling bud in the
90's. i wonder if its cali-o cuz those genes date back to the 80's i believe.
i have a pack of nirvanas & a few other breeders make it as well.
i think HQS & DP.

G

I was given a California Orange Bud recently and am growing it out. It is one weirdo though as it doesn't really have branches, they are more like long wispy vines, maybe around 60 count and they lay down on the SCROG netting for the most part with maybe a dozen reaching for the light. It sure smells sweet citrus like.

I was also given a dozen or so seeds, supposedly COB also. I am going to finish this plant and see if I even want to do her again.

Maybe its not a COB, hell I have never seen a plant like this. Its a bitch to clone too! Some feedback would be appreciated.

Happy Growing

Peace :bashhead:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HAPPYTREE said:
Man ive been searching everywhere for these genetics

see Royal Orange [Flying Dutchmen]

these are perhaps the genetics you've been searching for :wink:

peace
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

Budweiser13

Yep used to get killer orange bud in so cal around the same time are you familier with a city called Lakewood was all over that place........ :wave:

tdmaker2

right here...

right here...

Orange bud is very easy to find at Dutch Passion. They've carried it for years. I'm am absolutely sure it's what you're looking for.

Red_Nine

HAPPYTREE said:
or if the dutch passion OrangeBud is similiar. Ithimk it might ve been clone only
Have you ever grown out the Orange Bub from DP? Is it similar to what Happy described? He knows they have it, he just doesn't know if it's anything like he had before.

HAPPYTREE

Have you ever grown out the Orange Bub from DP? Is it similar to what Happy described? He knows they have it, he just doesn't know if it's anything like he had before.

You got it red

But td maker is correct the picture ,the ONLY picture i get of the dp OB looks just like it but people talk about this AERIC 77 CLONE so iwas wondering is that what i want.(ha good luck right )

But the dutch passion )does show a close representation but not quit the same who know(imean icant smell the pic, ive tried LOL
All i now is i miss those bomb ass buds!!!!!!
Thanks all maybe some pics out there somewhere?

HT

Red_Nine

It's a good start. I'd pop all the beans and hope for the pheno you're looking for. There are alot of companies I've seen selling "California Orange Bud". I'll see if I can find some and let you know.

Red_Nine

Hey acidfire have you tried the ov or the agent orange or both? I just ordered a bunch of his gear and was thinking about getting the ao. He doesn't have the ov on his auction site and I like the prices there better,lol. But if the ov is better, price be damned,ha ha. My buddy just finished up some JC II and it looks just awesome. He said the lemon smell is incredibly strong.
Happy, another thread jacked. I'm 2 for 2. Just kidding, I've just been wanting some feedback on the orange velvet myself. Good hunting.

tdmaker2

Clear things up...

Clear things up...

If you're looking for Orange Bud-just full of orange hairs then you need the Dutch Passion "orange bud". ORANGE BUD IS KNOWN FOR ITS LOOK AND IS COVERED WITH LONG ORANGE COLORED HAIRS.

If you're looking for Cali-O (AERIC 77, California Orange) you can find that at Dutch passion and others as well. Chimera uses the original Cali-O cut "Aeric 77" in some of his breeding. The Aeric 77 cut is just the original cut before it was sent over to amsterdam a very long time ago (decades). Cali-O or California Orange or Aeric 77 IS KNOWN FOR ITS ORANGE CITRUSY AROMA AND TASTE.

These two strains are totally different all together. I hope this helps...

HAPPYTREE

I gues ill have to try both cause im not sure which one it is . But than td i think youve help to push me to just rying them both HAHAHAHa

Do you know if th DP is really skunky with the thump in the chest.
Thanks you guys

HT

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Happy Tree,

Royal Dutchmans Royal Orange was selected from 10,000 plants. Ask anyone that has smoked this plant,,, and they'll tell you it is one of the smelliest varieties of cannabis available in Holland, let alone from those within the orange-order. DP's orange bud in comparison is bland and attracts mold.

Personally don't like the Royal Orange stuff because the psychoactive properties play on the mind making it difficult to switch of and go to sleep... but 9 out of 10 cats prefer it :wink:

man i think cali o is what you want havent seen ity out here in the bay since the purp hit the scene but you might try some bay growers

G

Hey, has anyone tried California Indica, from Sensi Seeds?
I was looking for a good orange flavored bud too. Heres the description they provide:

"A fine blend of sweet orange flavoured Californian strains, combined with a skunky hash flavoured Indica. A versatile plant which performs well under all conditions. The more heavily branched specimens tend to be the big yielders"

I

icon

do a search in the forum for cali-o, california indica, & the rest of the
orange crossed strains. then you might find out more of what your all
looking for. thats what i did to decide to go with nirvava's. i read a few
smoke reports on it.it fits what im looking for the closest & thats what im going to experament with. if it turns out nothing what i expected i will try another probally royal orange.

Latest posts

Latest posts