Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Flower Photos > Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts

Thread Title Search
Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2007, 11:01 AM #1
Rosy Cheeks
dancin' cheek to cheek

Rosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud of
Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts

I suppose this is kommon knowledge, but...
You don't need to check your trichs through a 30X microscope. You take your digital camera and shove it as close to the bud as you can (my Ricoh R1 have a great macro function - for a compact - and can take a pic as close as 1cm), take some pics from different angles, then check them at ease on your broadscreen. Beats trying to focus on snips under the microscope. Best way to survey a spidermite infestation too.

Not that it's necessary with these DJ Short Blueberry buds, they're only on day 37 in flower. Still a long way to go. No Spidermites either.

Notice the little fly stuck on the trichs, on the right side? I get a whole lot of these critters that stick to the trichs. I don't have Spidermites anymore, killed the Fungus Gnats, spared from thrips, so the Dark Lord of Nature sent me these obnoxious flies, which I suppose I'll be smoking well-done.

"The time has come" the walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes-and ships-and sealing wax
Of cabbages-and kings-
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings."

Lewis Carroll

Rosy's Mugshots and stuff...

looking for the Ogre

Overgrow!

-Anything said by Rosy Cheeks is made up by a person trying to make himself seem important on the internet. The pictures in the gallery are photoshopped fakes.
Rosy Cheeks is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 AM #2
skar
Trichomes Trainer

skar is a jewel in the roughskar is a jewel in the roughskar is a jewel in the roughskar is a jewel in the roughskar is a jewel in the roughskar is a jewel in the rough
wonderfull pictures rosy ! i love the blueberry...

and your right, good camera or a manual focus to help for macros and it's all good to check the trichs...even the spiders right too.

stay safe
Mat eo bevañ pell Bevañ mat avat zo gwell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
skar is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2007, 11:26 AM #3
Rosy Cheeks
dancin' cheek to cheek

Rosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud ofRosy Cheeks has much to be proud of

Thank's Skar. Here's a seeded bud, which I suppose will be Blueberry F6. I have two good Blueberry female phenos, but I've got an outstanding Blueberry male. It grew twice as fast as the other males, produces pollen like a f.....g popcorn machine, reeks like a French whorehouse, and is possibly the most beautiful plant I ever had in my possession.

"To talk of many things:
Of cabbages-and kings-

Lewis Carroll

looking for the Ogre

Overgrow!

-Anything said by Rosy Cheeks is made up by a person trying to make himself seem important on the internet. The pictures in the gallery are photoshopped fakes.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:34 AM #4
XyZ
Trichomnia

XyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of light
lookin'good Rosy ...nice trichome production for this time... no fly can escape from this sticky resin
i agree about the camera and trics inspection ...imo it's a much better way than a microscope
good luck with the finish, i'm sure you will get some colors in the last week :wink:
btw smokin Djs blueberry right now

some pix..
XyZ is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2007, 11:37 AM #5
Rosy Cheeks
dancin' cheek to cheek

Great XyZ! How long did you let the seeds go for?

"To talk of many things:
Of cabbages-and kings-

Lewis Carroll

looking for the Ogre

Overgrow!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:50 AM #6
XyZ
Trichomnia

XyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of lightXyZ is a glorious beacon of light
4 weeks, not all were done though ...but i have more than enough (about 800-1000 seeds i think
cant wait to see how they will grow out, a few beans from the homemade berry are already in the germ process :smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy Cheeks
Here's a seeded bud, which I suppose will be Blueberry F6.
just saw this and think if you have started with Dj's generation than your seeds will be now F5 (original blueberry is an F4 inline so far i know)

if you have a fully seeded bud than i would recommend that you let the seeds go as long as they can, just keep the plant healthy and a bit more nitrogen is always good in seed production (every seed has a lot of N- inside the genetic proteins) ..but don't forget a good flush in the finish. however, i'm sure you will do it fine!

will you make a grow report from your own berry? i would like to see how they will turn out
XyZ is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2007, 12:24 PM #7
Rosy Cheeks
dancin' cheek to cheek

So I was one generation ahead. I will let the seeds go one month plus. I just don't want any falling seeds, because when they drop in the coco medium they're hard to see. It's perfect camouflage. I'm keeping the N low since we're talking Blueberrys, but there's enough for the seeds. In flower, the plant will always steer it's main resources into flower and seed production, which is why the most expendable parts of the plants (fan leaves) will wilt first on an deficient plant, and the flowers last.

A smoke report is on the To Do list. I grew Dutch Passion's DJ Blueberrys before, so it will perhaps be comparative.

"To talk of many things:
Of cabbages-and kings-

Lewis Carroll

looking for the Ogre

Overgrow!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 PM #8
XyZ
Trichomnia

i had no falling down from the living plant (and this is not the first time that i make some beans
the full-matured seeds in the perflowers are usually looking out but they don't fall down, in my case not even during the flushing time when the plants were moved around. the beans from the berry were falling fast after the buds were dry, only a lil shake and there we go, most perflowers empty in a second.
XyZ is offline Quote

Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 PM #9
Rosy Cheeks
dancin' cheek to cheek

Yeah, well, I rotate my plants under the bulbs, and when the branches rub against eachother I've had seeds falling close to harvest. I guess I should use a better epoxy...

Did you grow a single pack or more? What kind of phenos did you get?

"To talk of many things:
Of cabbages-and kings-

Lewis Carroll

looking for the Ogre

Overgrow!

Last edited by Rosy Cheeks; 08-10-2007 at 12:43 PM..

Old 08-10-2007, 12:50 PM #10
XyZ
Trichomnia

i grew my first pack a few years ago and i was keeping a nice berry in clone. there were some problems (long story) ...the mother + clones were lost. now im driving in different directions. i grow from seed rather than from clone, because seeds are the the real fun, with clones you always now what you will get ..and for my brain this is getting boring. no matter how good a clone is, in this days my head builds a fast tolerance for the same stuff. every seed gives a bit different plants.. and that's what i like now

i made now a hobby seed project with a new pack (3 moms and 2 dads were used ...so i should get some variety, even if the beans are F5)
XyZ is offline Quote