Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > using Nitrozime during flowering period

Thread Title Search    
Click for more info about Greenhouse Control Products
 using Nitrozime during flowering period Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #1

using Nitrozime during flowering period

Hey guys, I use nitrozime for clones, it works great but since it is 0-4-4, I was thinking of using it as a foliar spray on flowering plants. . . Has anyone used it for this specific purpose, or used it for flowering at all?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
gunnaknow

gunnaknow is a splendid one to beholdgunnaknow is a splendid one to beholdgunnaknow is a splendid one to beholdgunnaknow is a splendid one to beholdgunnaknow is a splendid one to beholdgunnaknow is a splendid one to beholdgunnaknow is a splendid one to beholdgunnaknow is a splendid one to behold
Yes Canna, kelp extracts such as Nitrozyme are used in combination with anti-gibberellin products such as Bush Master during flowering. Kelp extract is also contained in a product called Gravity, which is used midway through flowering.

Last edited by gunnaknow; 08-04-2007 at 11:02 AM..
gunnaknow is offline   Quote

Old 08-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
little-soldier

little-soldier will become famous soon enough
Some people claim that kelp should not be used in late flowering because it could stretch your plants so I wouldnt recomend using it after half way through the blooming process
little-soldier is offline   Quote

Old 08-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #4

YES< Nitrozyme

This is one of the best products out there. I spend da $ and pour it in at 10ml/gal once a week, throughout. I would not cut this out of my regimen, even though I smell Molasses in there, and I may be paying a lot for a household product.

Adds sweetness, juiciness, and general health.

Have heard it said that a product like Hydroguard (B. Subtillis) will kill the beneficial microbes in Nitrozyme, so one would simply need to "re-innoculate," after using B. Sub....

Have seen no stretch, or anything to indicate it is anything but 100% helping the organism to kick ass.

Last edited by icysurfer; 08-05-2007 at 07:21 PM..

Old 08-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #5

hydroguard does not kill beneficial bennies. SM-90 does.

Nitrozime is not a molasses based product. It's a super strong kelp product with tons of auxins. I don't recommend to use it after week 4 or 5 of flower...but hey...if you're gettin results...go for it.

Cheers,
SH

Old 08-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #6

Quote:
I was thinking of using it as a foliar spray on flowering plants
Unless it's the first two weeks of flowering forget it. You really need to be using it through veg and soon after you flip and that's it.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
grandmesajoker
Toker

grandmesajoker is just really nicegrandmesajoker is just really nicegrandmesajoker is just really nicegrandmesajoker is just really nice
Nitrozime seemed a little expensive to me.

Do any of you know the concentrate % of kelp in nitrozime?

I picked up some cheaper stuff, Growmore Seaweed Extract, its also 100% organic and about 13 bucks cheaper for twice the size bottle!
grandmesajoker is offline   Quote

Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Do any of you know the concentrate % of kelp in nitrozime?
Nope...but am sure there are similar products for less dinero. The thing you have to keep in mind about the extraction process is depending on how you do it will affect the final product...meaning all extracts are not the same and you can concentrate certain compounds or others. Not saying Nitrozyme is unique in some way but just for conversation.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #9

Nitrozime is not just a kelp product. The stuff is great at creating new shoots and root development. You only need to use a little of nitrozime at a time. You can go ahead and add your kelp product on top of the nitrozime. Regular kelp doesn't do the magic nitrozime does.

Try this on just one of your plants(be sure to label it). When the flowers start to appear nicely around week 3...foliar spray that plant with nitrozime. About a 1/4 tsp per litre of water. Then spray that same plant once a week for the next two weeks. Then no more nitrozime. See if you notice a difference at harvest time. This experiment will only work with clones to get a true idea of nitrozime's ability.

Cheers,
SH

Last edited by suburbanhomeboy; 08-07-2007 at 02:28 AM..

Old 08-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #10
420cali

420cali is on a distinguished road
nitrozime is tha shit but dam its expensive. i guess bcuzz line up is based around the same seawwed
420cali is offline   Quote

Old 08-18-2007, 08:33 AM   #11

that is the big question... Why should I (Or, Can I..?) cut it out at week four or five of flowering....? It sure is expensive as another poster said....

In the effort of trying to dial in all nutes and supplements/additives, I do not want to pour things I do not need to.

But, I do get results... Yes, the deal may be that I will get the same results if I cut it out... I'd love that.

TEST BEGINS, I have some Bubba Kush clones in week 5. Two phenos, labeled.... I will mark a couple and not continue to pour 10 ml/gal once a week into their water.... I will see what the diff is...

Stay cool all o' yahz - Summer in full effect

Old 08-20-2007, 02:30 AM   #12
420cali

420cali is on a distinguished road
yo you should folair feed thats shit...mix with diamond nector and a little penetrator and its like liquid crystals
420cali is offline   Quote