Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Growroom Designs & Equipment > How to make a grow room out of my closet?

Thread Title Search    
Find out more about Green Gator Filters
 How to make a grow room out of my closet? Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
kinesis

kinesis will become famous soon enough
How to make a grow room out of my closet?

I have a standard size closet in my room.

I cant just run a light in there w/o some sort of ventilation,it gets REALLY hot i already tried it at my last place and the plants werent growing very fast due to the temps not being optimum. hydro resevoir temp has to be 67 degrees or so and I cannot maintain that with it being a sweltering oven. also i need to cover odors because i live with a landlord.

How can i convert my closet into a grow space w/o having to damage any of the structure (cut holes in anything) I am aware i need ventilation and odor control but i need an airtight space to do this don't i??

I think the only thing I can do is build a small cab and put it inside my closet... i have no choice right?
kinesis jest offline   Quote

Old 07-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #2

buy another door that you can destroy.......

Old 07-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #3

"i live with a landlord." hmm

Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #4

i thought that was funny myself...how do you pay rent...are you blowing your landlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by slips
"i live with a landlord." hmm

Old 07-30-2007, 11:22 PM   #5
kinesis

california state law says you need to give 24h notice to give inspection. and hes not rly a landlord just leasing the place, im indispensable as a room mate to him, what he wont knjow wont hurt him... thats why im trying to do this right, odor control, proper ventilation, etc and it's basically 'out of sight out of mind' to him. even if he found out i would sensibly explain i am acting within the law and point out the fact he never knew till i slipped and also try my best to curb his phobias if any.

also, im a med patient. key word here is indispensable, if there is guilt in removing a good room mate i dont think he would do it, he has a conscience... its a harmless herb after all and if i exercize proper odor controls like i said it will be invisible

Last edited by kinesis; 07-30-2007 at 11:25 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #6

I have had much fun with one of my prevouse landlords that didn't like my mmj. I won, in court and was allowed to stay, but trust me i wasn't wanting to, and moved anyways (i was more just mad at the B.....). Don't you think your landlord will, smell you, or have you notified him?

Last edited by slips; 07-30-2007 at 11:26 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
kinesis

i was thinkin of going small, like 1 foot plants done 12/12 from veg... that way the smell isnt too overpowering and maybe a ozone + pinesol + scrubber ...

is it not possible to completely hide the smell of 6 plants?

Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #8

fuck the landlord you are buying his property month by month for him...do what you want at least...or buy your own home

Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #9
kinesis

Quote:
I have had much fun with one of my prevouse landlord that didn't like my mmj. I won, in court and was allowed to stay, but trust me i wasn't wanting to. Don't you think your landlord will, smell you or have you notified him?
interesting, so by law, he cant complain to the courts that your medical cannabis plants are a nuisance???
Quote:
fuck the landlord you are buying his property month by month for him...do what you want at least...or buy your own home
well its technically not a landlord, its a leaser, im renting a room from him.. he answers to the LL .. but in legal terms even a leaser is given the title 'landlord' ive studied tenant law for awhile.. the thing im amazed as is the quote on top where someone won in court ... apparently they cant consider your med plants a nuisance???

Last edited by kinesis; 07-30-2007 at 11:29 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 11:30 PM   #10

i have a neighbor from India that cooks the most death stench food i have ever smelled...can i complain and if i do will it do any good...no......thats there business i just shut my door...knowing that im doing what i want to do in the dwelling i pay out the ass for and so are they...simple...respect
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis
interesting, so by law, he cant complain to the courts that your medical cannabis plants are a nuisance???

well its technically not a landlord, its a leaser, im renting a room from him.. he answers to the LL .. but in legal terms even a leaser is given the title 'landlord' ive studied tenant law for awhile.. the thing im amazed as is the quote on top where someone won in court ... apparently they cant consider your med plants a nuisance???

Last edited by brainthor; 07-30-2007 at 11:34 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #11
kinesis

more on the subject so i can just take down one of the door and prefabricate a door i can destroy? like cut vent holes into and run ducting? i dont like this idea. i think it will make my leaselord trip... i think im gonna just build a smaller cab and inclose it into my closet, then run ducting thru that

Old 07-30-2007, 11:38 PM   #12

i think you need to get your own dwelling to grow cannabis....if you think he wont smell it when you harvest...your wrong he is in the other fucking room
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis
more on the subject so i can just take down one of the door and prefabricate a door i can destroy? like cut vent holes into and run ducting? i dont like this idea. i think it will make my leaselord trip... i think im gonna just build a smaller cab and inclose it into my closet, then run ducting thru that

Last edited by brainthor; 07-30-2007 at 11:39 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #13
Barf

Barf is on a distinguished road
I grew some AK-47 a few years ago in my parents house and they stunk up my room... in vegetation state good luck with him not noticing.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #14
kinesis

so even with an airtight chamber and scubbers theres no way hes not gonna know

Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 PM   #15

i dont know anything is possible...maybee your fucking Houdini and can make the stench of dank completely disappear from your room and hands and cloths