What's new

Mako Haze-Kiwiseeds

BagAppeal

Here are a few mako haze, they have been up for a while, they are from seed. I will have clones ready to flower shortly, so more pictures can come soon...

If anybody else has some pics, bring them here

MAle

makos, fem

Last edited:
G

here ya go ... lucky i have this strain , she is awesome

there seems to be very little info/pics about her to be found ...

click to enlarge

peace ... star crash is my name

BigPoppa

Mako

Mako

Here are 2 of my outdoor and I have 4 showing female pre-flowers indoors. I will take better pictures. The Mako's are in the back to the left. Will post pics of just them shortly. Picked up the strain 4/20 in the 'dam at Dampkring growshop(Kiwi seeds). Already smells good with just the preflowers!!

BigPoppa

More Mako

More Mako

It's night here so the leaves are down, but these are my 2 outdoor Makos. Star Crash, your plants look awesome. Any tips for the mako? mine are 90 days old grown from seed outdoor in California in 4 gallon pot. Seeds from Kiwi seeds at the Dampkring growshop in 'adam on 4/20/07. Using Organic fert 1 oz./gallon Pureblend ProGro, .3ml/gallon Root Accelerator, .5-1 tsp./gal silica blast and 1tsp./gal cal-mag micronutrient solution. Thanks guys.Keep me updated on your phenos and development!!

G

hey there big poppa :wave:

... you will love the potent mako & your plants look great ... mine is like an upside down octopus with colas waving all over the place ... putting on the weight every day

she reeks of haze aroma in veg & flower & the dried buds reek even more

go very light in the nutes & make sure she gets total dark(no light leaks) for her whole flower period & give her 14 hours dark & 10 hours light or you might get a nanner, or two... equatorial sativa genes

peace

BigPoppa

Star Crash

Star Crash

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'll lighten-up on the fert mix. Also, did you top or prune your plants? I think I might prune them next time round. What do you suggest to prevent light leaks? These are outdoor so the sun is either out or it's night time. The indoor are in a room in my basement corner where there is very little light even during the brightest hours. Why the extended darkness at 14 off 10 on? not 12/12 for indoor? Thanks and nice talking with you. BigPoppa :joint:

G

Also, did you top or prune your plants? I think I might prune them next time round. What do you suggest to prevent light leaks? These are outdoor so the sun is either out or it's night time. The indoor are in a room in my basement corner where there is very little light even during the brightest hours. Why the extended darkness at 14 off 10 on? not 12/12 for indoor?

this one had no topping or pruning

mako haze is more demanding when flowering in terms of the need for a deep dark ... she does not respond well to a standard 12/12 ... to get big thick colas with no inter sex traits (bannana's) she likes to sleep in a 14 hours photo period as dark as you can manage (will be tough outside with out some kind of light tight flowering shed)

here is a better shot of profile

peace

BigPoppa

Star Crash

Star Crash

Hey man thanks again. It's been great chatting with someone as this is my first Mako grow and there's not too much strain specific info out there.
If you don't mind, I've got tons of questions like what's your PH (i'm trying to keep it right at 6.25-6.5) Your pot looks to be 8 gallon+, right now I'm in 4gallon pots. I think I'll put them in bigger pots. Also, yours appear outdoors, what's the temperature ranges where you live and the climate? Do you "bag" them with black plastic or use a "shed" for keeping them dark 14 hours? Any suggestions as to how I may construct something easy like that for my outdoor? Thanks again and I'll send update photos in a few weeks. Your mako looks georgeous! Huge colas and it looks like a nice yield too. What's your estimate and past yields? Take it easy man. Poppa :wave:

G

hi bp

your ph is right on ... my mako is in a large pot 10 plus gallons soil mix, she is mainly getting outdoor sunlight & i drag her in & out of the dark each morning and night to force flower her out of season ... my climate has been superb this season .. very mild & sunny for the most part

you have to use your own ingenuity to create a black-out area to force a strong flowering response in the mako haze... something that suits your own particular needs and location ... etc ... the main principle of flower forcing is the deprivation of light for the proper photo-period ...

in this case its 14 hours dark to 10 hours light ... peace & have a great day :rasta:

G

soaking up the sunlight ... she is almost ripe & ready to offer her medicine

enjoy the pics ... peace :joint:

BigPoppa

Keyboard Short Circuit

Keyboard Short Circuit

I think my keyboard shorted from the drool...Nice pics Star Crash I'm still waiting on the preflowers to finish off and get some nugs growing on those branches. wonderful job on your girl! What do you think 12 ounces maybe??? :headbange

Goyakla

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :joint:
Im growing their H. Kush.. Ill let u know if its what I expect. Until now 100 germrate, uniform seedlings and a littel slow in lifting of.. as many Kushes.
Peace and give us a smoke rep. They did win in the Dam..

:rasta:

G

Kiwi seeds is a very friendly breeder.... Good vibes, fer' shure......

I heard someone say, maybe incorrectly that Mako Haze was very similar to Super Silver.... Not really a bad thing.....! I love SSH...!

Any opinions.....?

Goyakla

Only heard good stuff about them and their strains.
I dont know about ssh and M. haze.. but who cares if the weed is right.
They all borrow from each other as we ALL do.
Peace :rasta:

G

I heard someone say, maybe incorrectly that Mako Haze was very similar to Super Silver.... Not really a bad thing.....! I love SSH...!

nope .... much as i love the shanti SSH (and i have an awsome pheno i hope never to lose) i've found the mako haze is even stronger and more psychedelic ... much more sativa haze-ness ...the smell is strong ... she REEKS ... when you smoke her the whole house stinks of haze ... it lingers in the air... :joint: :rasta:

G

excellent, Star Crash... thx, sincerely.... people say a lot o' crap in Hamsterjam during the 3rd week of November, especially when one wins a cup...!

I think I will run Mako Haze, cause of 1) this forum, 2) 'cause I love a good Haze, 3) 'cause no one grows 'em here, and because 4) I want to support the Breeder.

Piffington

star crash said:
nope .... much as i love the shanti SSH (and i have an awsome pheno i hope never to lose) i've found the mako haze is even stronger and more psychedelic ... much more sativa haze-ness ...the smell is strong ... she REEKS ... when you smoke her the whole house stinks of haze ... it lingers in the air... :joint: :rasta:

Maybe I was left out of the loop here but where can you purchase some Mako Haze Beans? Very interested in trying this strain out. Please let inquiring minds know. Thanks!

BTW... killer plant Star Crash :rasta:

EDIT: Nevermind found some online! :jump:

Last edited:
G

not many things more xciting than living in Indica-land, and making your house smell like haze....! I have 2 keepers that do that to the atmosphere. Always looking for more, and was offerred a "Great" SSH cut, according to the giver, but I would like to follow up on that Shanti SSH...... Always better to know the genetics of what you grow.

Q: Dr. Atomic nl#5 X Haze (Atomic Haze) - is it great....? Such a perfect and complete strain, if I could find right version.

As a surfer, it is hard to resist the Mako label.......Breeder was super-friendly, helpful and classy.. A real professional....person. You either got it or ya don;t, and it ain;t for sale at any price....

The beans are offered through De Dampkring's seed outlet in Hamsterjam, not sure where else. Would Nevermind kindly advise where....?

BigPoppa

Mako Still Going..

Mako Still Going..

She is just pre-flowering still but fun to smell none the less. Never topped, from seed, Mako Haze from Kiwi Seeds, outdoor in 8 gal. pot. Thanks Star Crash, lower nutes has improved overall look and growth.

Latest posts

Latest posts