What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anima's quest for the BEST!

Anima

Here we are... take your coat off and stay awhile.
Well for those of you who dont know me, I'm Anima :wave: And I have been on the quest for the best mom I can possibly bring into this world for awhile now. I don't have access to any clones (although I do occasionally take cuts), so all of my efforts have been twards seeds. I like sativas, and sweet-frutiness, but I also like some me some skunky hard hitters. I also love the adventure involved in finding yourself a legendary mom to call your very own and the whole aspect of breeding and making crosses...It's kind of like a gambling addiction I guess.

Oh, and If you are looking for the continuation of my Sour Diesel, AK47 crosses thread, you have found it! My SDxAK thread :kos:
Sorry for starting a new thread halfway through the grow, but I had a run of bad luck on the male/female ratio(5/6), and now I am planning to replenish my growspace with genetics other than just AK47 and Sour diesel bx1.5 genes.
What other genetics you ask? I'll get to that in a sec
but first (just so they are easy to find)
--------------------------
Ok now for the growspace specs (skip this part if you already know): I grow for personal use under a 400W hps (Hortilux EN bulb). Organic (as much as I can) in soil (peat based with perlite, bat guano, worm castings, supplimented with light feedings of GH's Flora Nova series Grow/ bloom). This time, in a sealed homade cab (2ft x 2.5ft). Thats 80 watts per square foot if you are counting. I have fought some major battles with temp/ventilation in this situation, but I believe I have solved them with the help of my new friend stanley:

Sorry you don't get much of an outside shot of the cab (for security purposes)
And a bit of my own version of the DIY cooltube:

I altered the design a bit to keep the light from having to shine through the glass tube, right now the hot spot is registering as 85 deg F ,about 12 inches directly under the bulb. The rest of the cab is at about 5 degrees f above ambient (72 f) or less.
And... the cab is just under 4 ft high. With soil lvl 10 inches high, that gives my plants a total of 2 feet for vertical growth. I use 2.25 gal pots usually.
-------------

Ok back to the gene pool mixing pot..

As far as whats in the dirt right now:
my Blueberry X (Northern lights#5 X Neville's Haze) Mom. Haze dominant for sure. but it only takes about 70 or so days, and it freakin explodes into nice sized sativa dominant slightly purpling buds. You can taste the blueberry, but it is mixed with a fine haze spice. It's displays a great vigor, and puts up with abuse better than anything I have ever touched. The only reason it's still alive is because I managed to reveg what amounted to a stump after the first harvest, then I flowered that, and chopped it to a stump, then finally I was like "ok" i'll keep ya and got a clone to be my mom. The thing had root stubs in 5 days in my bubbler. and it survived a total removal of all plants due to spider mites due to the fact that it just so happend to be quarintined by chance by living in a tarantula cage as decoration at the time.
1 (unknown sex) SDxAK47
1 (unknown sex) (SDxAK47)x AK47
1 (probable female) (SDxAK47)x AK47(just gave it a flush with some PH'd 6.4 water)
1 (male) AK47xAK47 a real beauty selected for future crosses because I love it's cherry liquor smell. (just like it's mother)
I'll get pics ASAP.

Seed stash: My most recent aqusition(almost): none other than some legendary Apollo 11 F2's from joey weed. (still waiting...)
I also have some bubbilicious, cali orange bud, south african durban poison X skunk(freebie), and citral from nirvana that might get thrown in the mix.
Lets see, what else...hmm I have a few Flo from dutch passion, some blueberry crosses (blueberry x flo? AK47?), (Blueberry x (NL#5xHaze)) x AK47, not to metion more Sourdiesel bx1.5 x AK47, and (SDxAK)xAK, and more AK47 F2's (cherry sativa leaning) of my own making. and other misc. un-named seeds that I felt the need to save. (I don't keep just any ole thing)

:rasta: ok people now is the time for IMPUT!! I will probably pop 8 beans in the coming weeks 4 of them will be the Apollo 11 F2's (need my FMCD), but other than that I am totally up for suggestions...What do YOU want to see grown? Also I can answer questions about the parents from any of my crosses.
I was thinking at least 1 AKxAK (I am due a sweet-cherry female), and either some citral, or cali orange bud (for the taste)...all of this is just theory at this point and we have a while to make up our minds so PLEASE HELP!!!

Right now it's like one of those "Choose your own adventure" books...
Should we turn to page 7 and see the sweet Cherry AK's?
Or Maybe Page 69 and trudge the SDxAK trenches (again)
How about page 420 with Flo, and Citral?
It's up to you what you want to see grown.:bigeye:

Well this is my new grow-diary and I'll be updating frequently with kick-ass pics as I am known to occasionally throw out..(I use a kodak dx4530 with closeup macro lenses for the close stuff)
Please feel free to come in and schmooze, I was kind of lonely in my last thread...:dance:
Peace
-A

Last edited:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Go fruity, cali-o, cherry pheno AK and something blueberry dominant...

Anima

ok I promised pics and pics you shall have!!!!
ok this first one is of the smaller ones in veg currently:
From left to right: Blueberry x (Northern lights #5 x Nevilles haze), then (Sourdiesel bx1.5 X AK47) x AK47 in the middle, and Sourdiesel bx1.5 X AK47 on the right.

Ok now this is my Male AK47 F2 that smells like cherry (going to die as soon as I get a cutting to root for possible future crosses):

The one on the left is my probable female SDxAK, and the one on the right just started to show balls a couple days ago. I flushed out the female with some PH'd 6.4 water and went from looking droopy like the one on the right, to reaching for the sky, nice and healthy...:

And now for some budshots from my previous grows of the blueberry x (Northernl#5 x Nevilles Haze) I'll probably just refer to it as my BBH from now on.:

Welcome ixnay!! Thanks for the suggestions... I'm with you on the AK...any reason you chose cali-o over the citral? do you have any experience with either? And more blueberry eh? I had a blueberry mom for a bit but that stuff is just soo prone to spider mites it isn't even funny...

How about anyone else??? come on chime in please!!
-A

ixnay007

Veteran
I grew the citral outdoors, it's very nice weed, but more of a party type smoke than a couch locker, it's a creative kinda high, makes music very enjoyable, and doesn't leave you feeling trashed at the end, but it isn't the strongest bud you'll ever smoke. Tasty stuff though.

As for choosing the cali-o it's because I was on a fruit theme, chitral is a region between pakistan and afghanistan so it actually doesn't have a lemon/citrus flavor (at least in my experience) that the name might lead you to believe..

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:wave: hey Anima i got a seat in the front row here :lurk: cool. wow thats a big bud :headbange goodluck with the babes :canabis:

i'll be checking this grow take care :smoke:

Anima

ixnay-No lemon taste on the citral??? Care to elaborate on "nice"?(piney? slunky?, fruity?, just real light?...any info is good info) Any hermie problems?

Man it's been hard for me to find that elusive lemon citrus taste....If anyone had a good direction to point please do so...Please??? :puppydoge

Thanks StonedGrunt55, it's nice to have a bit of an audience :headbange ...I found your thread and I'll be watching, and hopefully offering a bit of a tidbit of advice here and there where I can...

Heres some more pics of previous growout of the Sour Diesel bx1.5 X AK47:

This first one is of 2 SDxAK's on the left and a AK47 F1 (from serious seeds) on the right:

Now we get closer to the SD xAK in the middle:

I think all of the ninja turtles smoked, but only Mikey grew :muahaha: ...

How close can we go?

:rasta:

:headbange

And yea.. I still want everyones imput on what to grow out next (scroll up a couple of posts to see my seed selection)
peace
-A

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:wave: u got some decent colas there great job dude & tnkx for checkin mine :rasta:

milky thrics almost finished, happy harvest party :headbange that AK f1 looks wonderful.

Anima

Thanks again StonedGrunt55, but those pics were from a while back...
And actually those pics were a day before the chop you can just let it go forever (probably) and it will just keep stacking on pistols (hence the white hairs) but I can assure you it was done ( you can see some amber trichs in later pics).I just haven't really shown anyone...but really the cross I made is remarkably stable so far and the (lone female) I have going now is expected turn out something like this...(who knows?)
I was hopeing to do a diverse run of an assortment of these genes, but I got skunked on my M/f ratio...so I'm down to just one that hasn't shown balls yet. :(

I just wanted to let people see what the cross is capable of...

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Anima said:
Thanks again StonedGrunt55, but those pics were from a while back...
And actually those pics were a day before the chop you can just let it go forever (probably) and it will just keep stacking on pistols (hence the white hairs) but I can assure you it was done ( you can see some amber trichs in later pics).I just haven't really shown anyone...but really the cross I made is remarkably stable so far and the (lone female) I have going now is expected turn out something like this...(who knows?)
I was hopeing to do a diverse run of an assortment of these genes, but I got skunked on my M/f ratio...so I'm down to just one that hasn't shown balls yet. :(

I just wanted to let people see what the cross is capable of...

hey milky thrics r great i agree with u i would prefere 75%milky & 25% abmber. i thaught maybe u wanted to wait a lil longer.The way i see it choosing which thric color u want is not something bad just an oppinion :headbange .i can imagine what the smoke like :rasta: Knowing & crossing weed is a great thing dude, unfortunatly i'm not that experienced but latly i began reading something about crossing/breeding & i'm getting more intrested,but first i learn more i don't want end up with a disaster lol.

btw i think u did show ppl what cross is capable of. lol :wave:

Anima

dude....sorry but its time for a bit of schoolin':
IT"S TRICHOMES Wiki link
not thricomes
Please quit calling them thrics....:spank:
Glandular capitate (means having glands on the head in latin) trichomes are the ones that we are after, With that big glob of active cannibinoids sticking out of the top.
Sorry..I apologize, it's like nails on a chalkboard to me...

And I will conceed that those plants might have benefitted from a few more days of flowering, but my space is at a premium, and every day longer that it was up was another day that I went without smoke. 75 days is my maximum allotment for flowering, and they probably got about 67 days...

But yeah I am really looking for people opinions on what to grow out next (see seed stash in the first post)...and the reason why, and any other info/experiences that we can come up with as far as budstructure, smell, taste, potency, and so on...

Heres some more shots from my previous grows:
First up is my momma AK47 demonstrating the cherry sativa phenotype (you might recognize this pic.. is from awhile back, and I assure you it's MINE:

The male AK (another seed from the same pack) that I used in all of my crosses was selected to have all the the characteristics of this female.

Oh and it looks like I forgot to add my purple stickyberry X ak47 to the seed list...the stickyberry came from my first grow out of some local high-end bagseed...was probably the tastiest thing I have ever grown out, but a little on the puny side, I have no idea what her progeny will look like since her sisters were all so varied. if I had to guess her lineage I would say a blueberry X NLskunk. anyway here she is...

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Anima said:
dude....sorry but its time for a bit of schoolin':
IT"S TRICHOMES Wiki link
not thricomes
Please quit calling them thrics....:spank:
Glandular capitate (means having glands on the head in latin) trichomes are the ones that we are after, With that big glob of active cannibinoids sticking out of the top.
Sorry..I apologize, it's like nails on a chalkboard to me...

LMAO :muahaha: thanks for letting me know dude.Mistakes r unavoidable sometimes lol, u'r right its trichs not thrics :redface: silly me! i mostly make mistakes when quick replying but u'r gonna have a hell of a time finding mistakes on threads, i notice many mistakes. Before i never use to write words like: r instead of are, ur instead of your,tnkx instead of thanks & all that stuff but now i do since evryone does, saves time & understandable but the trichs thing is differenet.
Anyway nice to see ur nice buds, they look TRICHOM rich (i did it right now lol). Congrats dude! :rasta: & yeah i understand that waiting & watching weed without smoking is like, its the toughest part i think, but then u'll get the reward. U got it too althaugh a few days less coz they look all milky & if i'm not wrong there r a few amber too.
I'm trying the AI on my next. I got my seeds 3 days ago & there was extra 8 seeds too.

btw pistols= guns & pistils= hairs check it out, but i don't want to sound bad :wave:
Goodluck with the smoke :rasta: .

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Tnkx bro, but i'm gonna finish this grow b4 starting the AI (fingers crossed) hoping 4 some good results :canabis:.
AK 47 mom looks so lovely & rich, all of them r nice. :headbange

take care buddy! happy growing :wave:

ixnay007

Veteran
Anima said:
ixnay-No lemon taste on the citral??? Care to elaborate on "nice"?(piney? slunky?, fruity?, just real light?...any info is good info) Any hermie problems?

Man it's been hard for me to find that elusive lemon citrus taste....If anyone had a good direction to point please do so...Please??? :puppydoge

-A

Slunky, no, it's that flavor of pakistani hash.. if you know it, it's not really easy to categorize, it just isn't lemon (at least mine wasn't), no probs with hermies, but I only grew a few.

If you search on lemon marijuana, you can find a few, lord knows if these guys are worth it or not: http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/De_Sjamaan_Seeds__Lemon.cfm?iProductID=3273

I remember that subcool had some lemony stuff, jack's cleaner was the original lemony one, if you get stuff with that crossed in, it should be pretty damn lemony:

http://www.****************/forums/showthread.php?p=75813#post75813

He says Jack the Ripper and Grimm Reaper are both really lemony..

Last edited:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Anima said:
I had a blueberry mom for a bit but that stuff is just soo prone to spider mites it isn't even funny...
^ man...you can say that again. Been thinking about giving up on my Blueberry for that reason. It's just so damn good though :canabis:

Good topics flowing in this thread :yes:
Great pics too! :yummy:

Best of luck with the Quest Anima! :ying:

magoo420

WOW!!!!!! TAKES MY BREATH AWAY JUST SEEING THEM ....I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW GOOD IT IS....AND ONLY 400 W. NICE VERY NICE INDEED

Anima

Thanks stoned grunt I'll be watchin' :wave:

Ixnay- Thanks for chiming in...never smoked pakistani hash, actually I've never smoked has except for the stuff that I've made...but since this was totally not in the direction that I was wanting to go at the moment, It'll stay in the "bank" till I feel the urge to pop a few.

hmm jacks cleaner...(linky no workie)(feverishly tries to find jacks cleaner lineage but fails):wallbash:(tries some more)ok...linky
just so you don't have to wade throught the crap:
If I remember correctly,JC is a cross of Jack Herer and C99,hence the name "Jack's Cleaner".
-JLP

well it just so happens that I have some Apollo11 F2's on the way, and Apollo11's lineage goes something like:Genius(lemon phenotype jack herrer) X C99...So thats where I'm aiming for my lemony goodness for now..

TML- hey man..yea it sure is a bummer about those spidermites and the blueberries, otherwise I'd probably have a spectacular mom still...

Magoo420- those my pics you squintin at? :jump:
thanks people.

Well here is how I've done filling up my (practically) empty flowering chamber after my freakin bananafest disaster....

The back left is my (SDxAK)xAK (hopefully girl) still hasn't shown any sign of sex...in the back right corner we have a SDxAK girl that I dug up from outside (partially because I had the room, and partially because of paranoia) I inspected it pretty thoroughly and it seems I got all the critters off.
Front left is the runt SDxAK, and the front right we got the other (SDxAK)xAK

My last soil mix had a bit too much lime in it I think, because I just can't keep my PH low enough...Next time I'll premake the mix and test some runoff before adding lime.

Lets keep the discussion flowing people!
-A

Anima

Ok, well my seeds should be here within a week or so, so it's time for final decisions.
Right now the list goes something like this:
4 Apollo 11 F2's from Joeyweed
2 Cali orange from Nirvana
1 (maybe 2) bubbilicious from Nirvana (ANYONE with anything to offer as far as these go,pipe up PLEASE!) Will it smell & taste like bubblegum?
1 (maybe 2) AK47 F2 (My own cross) (grown out 2 beans so far, both males, but they both held true to their cherry sativa phenotype, which is what I was aiming for in this cross)
I can't decide on the last 2...the bottom line is if anyone has has high praise for the bubblicious as far as bubblegum taste I will go with that, otherwise they stay in the bank and I'll try (again) with the AK F2's, and if everyone stays silent (or chimes in with a vote to do one of each) I'll do one of each...

As far as whats going on in the flowering chamber, nothing has changed since the last pic, but I noticed female flowers in the back left (SD xAK) xAK, it never showed preflowers, and still doesn't have any...but I definitly see white hairs sticking out up on the top buds. :D
Still waiting on clones to root, then you should start seeing a BBH clone in there before too long.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Anima :wave:
I think your selection is very fine - first class. Positive all those will give you fine bud to smoke.:yummy:

It's been a while since I've seen an Apollo 11 grow...

Anima

Hi mr GJ!

My seed stash has just expanded today...hooray! and more south african DP x Skunk freebies to add to my pile of about 50 so far...

Well, it looks like I have less room in my flowering chamber right now than I anticipated, the other (sd x AK) x AK has shown female preflowers, and the other sd x ak runt is still unknown. What that all means is that I will only have room for 2 or 3 more girls in my chamber. So the seed number getting popped right now is going to be low.
I am thinking 2 Apollo 11 F2's and 1 cali orange bud.

I'll get some pics later on when the girls wake up.

Latest posts

Latest posts