What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hepa filter to carbon scrubber for 20 bucks

G

i thought i would share how i fixed my problem of smell...now to the pictures...any questions just ask...peace

G

Major props on this one!

How long does the dose last?
How quickly does it clear out the smell?
Do you only use this and the exhausting air comes out fresh-n-clean-o?

Might run one of these 'in da closet' since it's footprint seems much smaller than the normal blowers.

G

it cleans my whole room...i have a dedicated bedroom to growing that i dry and grow in i have three cabinets...i cant smell any smell in the room at all...i will be hanging out in the grow room and i wont smell nothing then i go in my living room and it smells like the joint i just smoked...im like what the fuck im going to have to make one for my living room...im sure it will last atleast 4 months then i will put 3 more pounds of activated carbon in it..thanks for the props man..peace

G

Very cool....

Lastly, did you actually build the carbon filter being put on the front? Looks like it's made of wood....

What would someone need (at their local store) in order to mimic what you've built? An inventory list might be beneficial for those of us who wanna copy your brilliance... :)

G

its 1 x 3 yellow pine from any hardware store cut it to fit and screwed together than some window casket foam on the backside and a old window screen and some prefilter

hazy

Veteran
good work brainthor

i'm eyeing this hepa filter sitting next to me.

thanks for the great idea :headbange

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Great idea there Brainthor. Simple, cheap, super effective. Smoke a J for yourself on the sweet creation.

Can I ask what the Manufacturer and model # is? I've got a cheap elf filter in my hydrohut, and it has trouble with a few plants and some clones.

Again, great work.

Funk

Hey actually did this myself awhile back when I was looking for a cheap way to clean up the smells. This thing actually does work decently for a veg area, or outside a cab with a scrubber already.

-LifeIsGrowing

Latest posts

Latest posts