Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Train wreck

Thread Title Search
Train wreck Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2004, 01:02 AM #1

Train wreck

My friends love this strain everyone raves about it. I don't know what it's genetics are i do know it comes from northern california
Speaking of rare genetics right now I'm puffin plumb bud from B.C. I haven't heard of it since emery catalog 96 a cool old school strain

Old 10-21-2004, 06:49 AM #2

Trainwreck

A brain thumping, Sativa, soaring high. Comes on strong as a freight train, finishes in the typical ultra-heady Sativa manner! Very medicinal. People become hooked on it like a hard drug. Old school California taste. Dense rock hard nuggets. Next to no leaf .Light green with small calyxes. Thin stem, small buds. Legend has it it was started in the early 80’s by a couple of brothers in San Diego. Mexican X Columbian, with a hint of Afghani.

After 10 or 12 years, somehow a clone was let out, and the madness has started. It has thrived and been mastered in Humboldt County for 12-14 years.

This is unbelievable pot. (90% Sativa / 10% Indica)

This is probably a complete a description I have read.(thanks meduser)

I'm smokin it right now and that just about sums it up but double

Tex

Old 10-29-2004, 10:37 PM #3
demeegod
Proud Member of ICMAG '04 and OG '01

demeegod is on a distinguished road
WHen you grow it though you tend to have banana problems. I hated that.

The yield on TW is pretty average, nothing special. TW is definately a high maintenance and connesseur (or however you spell it, i refuse to spell check it) stash.

In it's own right it's pretty much among the top 3 strains/clones you can get your hands on if you have the time to check for nanners here and there.
demeegod is offline Quote

Old 10-29-2004, 10:55 PM #4

Deme, my experience was nothing like that. Trainwreck was/is extreamly easy to grow, virtually no extra maintanance, very robust and vigorous. No hermies what so ever and I stressed the shit out of a couple of them and nothing in the way of bananas.

It really excels when supercropped as well. When supercropped, I think I pulled like 3 o's a plant indoors.

Good growin

Tex

Old 10-29-2004, 11:35 PM #5
demeegod

Really? There is a group of 4 of us who share from N. Cali dispensories and we all encountered the nanners.

It wasn't nute sensitive or anything, it grew well. The nanners were the pisser. We all pretty much grow differently and all got nanners. Just to different degrees. 2 got nanners at harvest (so no prob), 1 got nanners early and picked them and no prob, I had nanners (a few) but I didn't notice till it has pollinated something and got a nice single bud full o' seed, I was just happy that it didnt spread the pollen everywhere.

Well, just giving my opposing opinion. It's a great strain to experience and smoke. The growing, just watch out for nanners.

Old 10-30-2004, 12:06 AM #6

maybe their source was an S1 seed or something?

i've not seen any male flowers on mine.

Click for Larger Image

THC

Old 10-30-2004, 12:43 AM #7
demeegod

Well then Im just SOL!

LOL.

Well, if only my friends and I get Nanners this is beginning to hurt my feeling. DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU CLONES!

It wasn't a waste though, still made quality buds. Would just like to have the Non-nanner version now.

Old 11-02-2004, 04:14 PM #8
fuaryone

fuaryone has disabled reputation
Question Strange...

I recently rec'vd a clone of Trainwreck... and some-one mentioned that part of the make up is lowland Thai... I have no particulars on the clone only that it came from N.Cal... and has frost even in veg... so whats the real story... Dr. Jay should know this one for sure... peace.

Old 11-02-2004, 07:04 PM #9
hieagle420
Cannabis Creeper

hieagle420 is a jewel in the roughhieagle420 is a jewel in the roughhieagle420 is a jewel in the roughhieagle420 is a jewel in the roughhieagle420 is a jewel in the roughhieagle420 is a jewel in the rough
MIne has nanners to... i was begining to think it was all me.. but i have no light leaks, and they were never stressed... just wondring if the person had it b4 me stressed it and i have a hermie clone off it.. i am getting the Wreck from another source to find out if it puts out nanners too... Damn it looks so good to have nanners on it...
Hey Texaskid.. my wreck was vigrous and vegged really fast... just dont understand why it is hermie

Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

Hobby growing with Friends

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny..."

-Thomas Jefferson.
hieagle420 is offline Quote

Old 11-02-2004, 07:16 PM #10

Are these S1 beans you are growing out? or are these clones from someone?

I grew mine in temps as high as 100 degrees in the flower room, supercropped to the max, bent main stems completely over 180 degrees to the point of breaking, made drastic nute fluctuations on one or two of them, and no nanners.

Maybe I have a super resealant trainwreck or something, who knows.

Tex