What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cashemere

Claude

Veteran
Hi guys !

Anyone remember this hash named (Kashmere) with a white powder on one side.

This hash was a wonderfull experience for me in the 70's and I am trying to know how and where it was made.
Wich genetic etc...

I hope there is a couple of old-timers who remember this wonder.

Regards
Claude

Last edited:
G

Maybe its from the Kashmere region between India and Pakistan. The Hindu Kush area. The place they say where Mary Jane started out. Thats my guess.

Blatant

Claude

Veteran
Blatant said:
Maybe its from the Kashmere region between India and Pakistan. The Hindu Kush area. The place they say where Mary Jane started out. Thats my guess.

Blatant

Hi Blatant !

Thank you for the reply...

Can you tell me if Hindu Kush have a pepper sence and taste ??

Regards
Claude

G

What up Claude!
Well since most of the stuff from that region is some type of Kush or Afghan, it may have a peppery or subtle fruityness to it. It would most certainly be an Indica that created the hash. The stone would probably be heavy and lethargic.

Blatant

Claude

Veteran
Blatant said:
What up Claude!
Well since most of the stuff from that region is some type of Kush or Afghan, it may have a peppery or subtle fruityness to it. It would most certainly be an Indica that created the hash. The stone would probably be heavy and lethargic.

Blatant

Hi Blatant !

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Heavy and lethargic is truth with a wonderfull spicy taste (peppery and another subtle taste)

Regards
Claude

G

Good info

Good info

Nice to see you being productive instead of critical for a change bazeado!
Very good info.
I grew up smoking Kashmir (in Montreal) and without a doubt it's the most memorable of the fine black hashes I had the pleasure of smoking, including Nepalese Temple balls, Afghani discs and spagetti sticks and a host of others.
As baz mentioned though, any "white" on there is most certainly "Mold."
As with any hash (including bubblehash) if it isn't properly dried after making it, it is very suseptable to mold if not refridgerated.
A very common mistake (especially back in the 70's) was for folks to believe that because hash had white or off-white "bits" to it, it must be "opiated!"
This is a very common MISCONCEPTION! To my knowledege and from what I have read from the likes of Lawrence Cherniak (Big Book of Hashish and the Big Book of Cannabis) and other experts NO ONE ever did or does OPIATE their hash. (mix it with opium)
I have to say though that I have a pure Nepalese strain here, and thinking that it might be something like the phenominal hash I used to get as a kid, I made an entire plant into hash.
It turned out that since the version of Nep I got is the "Sativa" version (there is also an INDICA version I would LOVE to get me hands on!) that the hash wasn't quite the effect I had grown to expect from Nepalese.
It was great, but as you can imagine, more of an UP effect, which for me is contradictory, from the HEAVY INDICA's I need!
Good luck with your quest Claude!
:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts