What's new

Dead Beat Seeed - Kodiak gold

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Here is some Reefermans - Kodiak Golds...first shots are of the shorter purple pheno..the other pheno is not purple and stretching like a bitch...i just put another seeded KG female in to flower just now...so we shall see what she does...onto the pics... :headbange

Last edited:

JJDubz

Looks great man, gettin real frosty already! Cant wait to see how they come along, how long in are they/how long they go for?

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Thrips(lil worms) or something(white specks)
I just got back from the nursery and bought some k+ neem oil( in hopes to kill these lil fuckers).i have been using sm-90(1 tsp/gallon) with very little effect. White specs apear on the surface of the leaf and when i flip the leaf over i notice these tiny worms moving around...some even hop & jump when i try to smush em(smart lil fuckers).

I would like to know exactly how to use this product..do i direct spray on, or do i mix it?? the label has directions and i am reading it(just walked in from the awesome nursery i found), but i wanted to ask you hardened pest killers out there exactly how to attack these guys. As stated earlier i was trying to get em with sm-90(1tsp./gallon) , already have done three applications and the worms or thrips(i think is what they are) are still there.

I have 4 plants in flower(three are on week 3.5) one is on the very first week of flowering(NO bud sites). Ialso have a veg area that seems to be affected, can someone tell me how to mix or how to use this k+ neem oil(organica is the company) in the various stages please??? THCZr was helpng me earlier via PM's in chat but he appears to be busy now. Can someone hoook me up please???

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
KG is a unique strain for sure. I grew some out last winter and got excellent results. I got one male and one female. Both had lots of purple. I ended up losing my other seeds to some pest problems though. I ended up with one bean and decided to sprout it. I hope it's a female so I can just keep a clone of her to preserve the genetics until I can get more seeds. Overall it's an awesome plant. The high is very creeper and the smoke is earthy and tangy. I enjoyed her during the day in small amounts. I smoked alittle more at night to knock my ass out. Nice KG's man.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^ yea i got pest problems too..co-incidentally when the kodiak golds matured..Hmmmmm i doubt its from the seeds..but makes you wonder... i cant seem to get a concrete answer on how to combat these thrips(most say neeem oil...another claims someing else.... both inputs come from good sources)....i sprayed neeem oil tonight(1.5 tsp/ per galon) sprayed the shit outta the veg and bloom area....the walls too and floor... previously used some sm-90(before the neem oil : wich says it will kill thrips, i guess not)..hope to get it under check...i really cant stand having spots on my beautiful flowers especially when i spend so much on my nutes!! fuck fuck fuck!! and i deffinitely willl not cull these ladies...as much as i dont like reefermans practices his genetics are beautiful!

closet funk thanks for the input...i hope you got your pest issue under control! respect.. thanks for posting!

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
ooh, you sprayed neem during flower? yikes...I wouldn't have sprayed the walls and the floors. Neem stinks. When you get done with the grow, clean your grow room out good. Maybe try a pyrethrin bomb. I hear you about the bug issues though, but I never spray anything during flower. Good luck

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yea i know i know..but man i wanna erradicate these bitches...ive smoked shit before this is nothing.....think of al the shwagg we smoked in our teens or all the shit being processed around the world..i doubt alil neems gonnna hurt me...but yea..i know bro i woulda loved to have a magical ingredient to fixit..but ir eally just wanna NIP IT IN THE BUD BRO...i really d..this shits a mental draiN!

the three females in flower i tried to spray directly under the leaves and only the leaves..of course i cant be 100% accurate..but i tried to minimalize the bud sprayage!! i feeel you man..but i jsut wanna kill these fuckers! NOW

worse coms to worse ill bug hash it ALL fuck it!~

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bugs

Bugs

nycdfan042 said:
^^^ thanks bro.....see someone who actualy posts instead of just pop in and ook....
Hey 042 I like the quote...I ask to get input in my threads...or should I say i enjoy getting someone to take the time to reply...anyway...sorry to hear you got bugs...I've had my own experiances and it screws with my attitude...looks like you have a good grow going though...Dr. Duck.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^ thanks bro...i usually have a nice grow going & i never had a problem like this...fungus gnats seem to have evolved into these lil fuckers....and well... im fucken pissed...actually....simply because my gut says.."let the shit you have flower and CULL your veg...take 2 wks to let everything die, and clean the grow rooms( a part of me asks wtf why me?)...and start fresh". But its really depressing and makes you wonder..wtf is in store for my future...are there thrip worms in my carpet dormant waiting for my next move....these lil fuckers are smart....they really are...(today, after spraying neem oil..i noticed MORE of them....seems like the neem oil made them pissed)...fuck im really sad..im gonna drown my sorrows in grey goose and olive juice.. (boo fucken Hooo)...dont feel sorry for me...i brought this on myself WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH lol :bashhead:

Last edited:
T

tex1969

Sorry about the pest problem, other than that the pics look great. This is one of the plants I have always wanted to grow along with Black Dominia and Sensi Star. The Dominia I will order as soon as I have enough time to get a money order. Damn I miss the old days of ordering from the boutique. Where did you get your Kodiak from, reeferman is even out of stock. I will watch this grow and post.

Tex

miss nycdf

ugh, those stupid things are pissing me off too! little f*ckers! i hope the neem oil starts to work its magic soon..

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Sup bebe!!!! nice chicken caciatore last night,,,,ooh weee damn im hungry,,.,,,lets go to bed,,,,!!

tex1969 said:
Sorry about the pest problem, other than that the pics look great. This is one of the plants I have always wanted to grow along with Black Dominia and Sensi Star. The Dominia I will order as soon as I have enough time to get a money order. Damn I miss the old days of ordering from the boutique. Where did you get your Kodiak from, reeferman is even out of stock. I will watch this grow and post.

Tex
gypsy an DG hooked me up a whie ago with a super nice care package...th kodiak gold was on of them!!

G

A lavender pheno I grew a couple years ago. Make more beans if you have a male. I found it makes some good breeding stock. I also like the lavender pheno the best. Yours are looking very good. Don't let them go to long or it won't get you high.

Mexi Brick x KG

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^ i always pick early ....so thats welcome info!! I SEE THESE ARE TO GO 7.5 WKS? so i figure i at least half way there...i kinda didnt mark a date on the calendar with these....i got threee females out of four seeds.....still have six seeds left!

**edit shutting down...dinner and a nasty storm!! take care! :cuss:

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Updates coming up sooon..buti must warn you these thrips have turned the fan leaves into a spotted mess...they still loook beautiful tho!!! i do notice either the thrip larvae in the soiless mixture, or the strain itself...but the yeilds look smalll! im on week 4.5 of flowering and the yeilds appear small..buti could be tripping!! the ISS(HUGE PHENO) got gigantic!! so i dunno im just tirpppin i hope! either way pics up 2 night after the lights out!!!! oh yea!! SPINOSAD will be here friday!!!! im gonna get mosquito dunks just in case!

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Ok just got back from a really fun:)jerkit:) family 4th of july dinner lol and i promtply came home to take sum shots of my thrip stricken purple kodiak gold. Of course the prettiest purple plant in my entire time growing and i get some really nasty lil bugs that make the fan leaves look like total shit. So i have to appologize i *usually have pretty perfect fan leaves(thinks back to my NYCD grows) and i never had bug problems until now and i must confess im really depressed man. I recently ordered some Spinosad monterey garden insect spray and i hope im able to kill these guys so that next round my plants look amazing. I dont expect any POTW nominations with ugly fan leaves like this..but the BUDS are simply spectcular, its a shame reeferman had to rip off gypsy and screw him over that way because his genetics so far are pretty nice.

Now i cant tell if the yeilds are shitty because of the thrips or because of the genetics but the bud looks phenomenal i hope you enjoy these late night pics! again i hope the next round with these guys(clippin clones very soon) will turn out nicer....but here you go guys ! Enjoy!
100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_1.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_2.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_3.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_4.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_5.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_6.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_7.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_8.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_9.jpg

100787-4-2007_purple_kodiak_gold_10.jpg

G

nothin wrong with some of those lower pics........the buds look sooo nice and purple