Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > What strain for a guerilla grow in a cornfield?

Thread Title Search    
Visit Sensi Seeds For all your Genetic Needs!
 What strain for a guerilla grow in a cornfield? Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #136
Gunnarguchi
Banned

Gunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot
Thx all!

Another question: How tall is the corn when you put the plants outside?
where im at its frost free mid May but we cant plant out in the corn until mid June because they use weedkiller here.
when planting out you have to scrape some of the top soil off to prevent the plant coming into contact with weedkiller remains.

this year i had much on my hands at that time so they plants went out in corn a little later but corn is more than knee high at that time if i remember correctly.
i had to hit the ground belly down some times when cars where passing

if i had planted out mid june as planned and didnt have problems with over fertilization ( i used dry pellets and we had some heavy rains for days just after) the plants would have been bigger and kept about the same size as the corn.

dont pre gow them to big before planting out or they will stand out from the corn and be visibel.

my suggestion would be to grow them outside one month in pots from mid May to mid June then they should have the same size as the corn and will have no problems competing with it.

this year i removed some corn to give the plants more space but i think the holes in the fields at harvest and also a lost a field to a farmer harvesting earlier than planned, so ill be a little more cautious next year.
no reason to push the barrel so ill just grow between rows and make up for it in numbers

if the farmers looses too much corn and has too many "empty" spots in their fields at harvest they might start be more alert next season

corn is a genius, safe and easy way of guerrilla farming compared to the shitty soil in forests so i wanna let it remain that way without attraction too much attention from the local farmers

ps
some US growers have reported the corn not being harvest there until mid October but here you have to harvest end September or at the very start of October to save our crop before the farmers harvest it.
Gunnarguchi jest offline   Quote

Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 AM   #137
Purkle

Purkle has a spectacular aura aboutPurkle has a spectacular aura aboutPurkle has a spectacular aura about
I still see corn out.........makes my mouth water. It gets sooo tall. Over 13 feet for sure!!
Hi my name is........ Thunk, Ohazexskunk1, OGK, OGK BX1(SFV), ChemDD, chemdawg Grass Valley Cut, DStrawberryD, OGRE, MKU, Purple Urkle, PK, Swt.3, HTC Skunk ibl, BBxGF, c99xcalio, Snowdogbx1, Zoo's willwondxbb, SOP, WLM, Agent Orange, Mitsu Sourbub, Agent Orange, BlockBerry, Casey Jones, Chunky Cheese, SoCalMaster Kush X "THE WHITE".......and I'm an addict.

Everything I post is not true and is only for entertainment. Are you not entertained?

Cannacopia Test Grow : Chunky Cheese

www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99407
Purkle jest offline   Quote

Old 10-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #138
Hindu Killer
Banned

Hindu Killer is a splendid one to beholdHindu Killer is a splendid one to beholdHindu Killer is a splendid one to beholdHindu Killer is a splendid one to beholdHindu Killer is a splendid one to beholdHindu Killer is a splendid one to beholdHindu Killer is a splendid one to behold
Looks good G!
Hindu Killer jest offline   Quote

Old 10-24-2008, 01:27 AM   #139
Vol Funk

Vol Funk is on a distinguished road
http://inquirer.philly.com/slideshows/News/060825dope/

Check that out!

Pictures of police taking(stealing?) weed down in cornfields. The pictures are coming from the helicopter!
Vol Funk jest offline   Quote

Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 AM   #140
mexilandrace

I don't have the balls for cornfield grows, I want to every year and every year I puss out.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #141
dontstepongrass
M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew

dontstepongrass has disabled reputation
that is ridiculous. spottin plants that weren't even in groups... maybe they pulled too many corn plants, it looked like they cleared a nice patch for maximum sunlight...

Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #142
Luckygreenhand

Luckygreenhand is on a distinguished road
loved the pics and just wish i had some kind of easy access to try an outdoor grow, someday.... someday! Keep up the good work all!
Luckygreenhand jest offline   Quote

Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #143
Barefoot

Barefoot will become famous soon enoughBarefoot will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol Funk
http://inquirer.philly.com/slideshows/News/060825dope/

Check that out!

Pictures of police taking(stealing?) weed down in cornfields. The pictures are coming from the helicopter!
Hehe such a big plant! Good job
Barefoot jest offline   Quote

Old 10-26-2008, 02:52 AM   #144
Vol Funk

How many policemen does it take to figure out the plant's specie?

I wonder if you can grow weed in between the corn rows(in red line) or you still have to pull 2 out for 1 plant?

Last edited by Vol Funk; 10-26-2008 at 02:00 AM..

Old 10-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #145
Gunnarguchi
Banned

Gunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud ofGunnarguchi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexilandrace
I don't have the balls for cornfield grows, I want to every year and every year I puss out.
well its actually just TO DO IT
i can highlu recommend the guerrilla videos by BrownDirtWarrior
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
and the HQ dvd here www.browndirtwarrior.com
those videos where a great inspiration for me and made the last push from thoughts to action
from a few plants in my own garden to both my own garden and 7 guerrilla spots in corn and one in a forest

i prefer corn over forest as the corn soil is much better.
more airy and pre fertilized by the farmers
forest soil is more compact and in poor quality compared to soil in corn fields
a lot more work in forest soil and bigger change of detection

actually its quite exiting to go on nightly missions in the corn to do the planting out, maintaining and harvesting and its damn nice rewarding at harvest time.

i can only say one thing:

GO FOR IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol Funk

I wonder if you can grow weed in between the corn rows(in red line) or you still have to pull 2 out for 1 plant?
i believe so and hope so

this year i pulled 2-4 corn for each mary jane and they didnt get that big, but it was due to me planting them out late and i also had some over fert problems cause i used pellet ferts and it was heavy rain for days just after, washing to much fert ´down to fast.

not having had the over fert problem and planting them out earlier i would no doubt have had giant bushes.

next year im pre growing them from mid May at home, as soon as its frost free here at 56 nl, and putting out in the corn mid June when the weedkiller has lost most its effect.

im planting between rows next year

reason is that i lost one field to a farmer harvesting earlier than the others.
that farmer must have seen the mj plants when harvesting, so his probably on alert and irritated cause he found the plants and also the empty space where he had his corn.

also too many empty spots from where the mj has been alerts the farmers.
as the area im in has many corn fields each year all close to me but owned by a few farmers, means i dont wanna loose the opportunity to grow so easy so nearby by risking it all with to many "empty spots" left.

i think between rows is ok as long as you keep a good distance between each plant length wise and makes up for it in numbers.
dont expect much yield from lower branches as i think it will more perform like a Sea Of Green

i have many good hardy guerrilla strains suited for that purpose so i barely cant wait until next season even though im still drowning in harvest work and the place here is stuffed with dry or drying weed and seeds

Last edited by Gunnarguchi; 10-26-2008 at 10:50 AM..

Old 10-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #146
Vol Funk

I think growing between corn rows would be the best idea for someone who have problems with flyover. If you look the pictures that I posted, you can clearly see the "empty space" from the air.

In your case, it's the farmer on his tractor.

I don't see how it's possible to find weed between rows from the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnarguchi
i think between rows is ok as long as you keep a good distance between each plant length wise and makes up for it in numbers.
dont expect much yield from lower branches as i think it will more perform like a Sea Of Green
What's the good distance?

and for what reason?

I'm guessing the yield will be 1-3 ounces per plant if it's grown in between rows?

Last edited by Vol Funk; 10-26-2008 at 05:28 PM..

Old 10-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #147
Bubble Puppy

Ive seen videos\stories in the past about this .Supposedly it sticks out like a sore thumb from the air

Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #148
Barefoot

Barefoot will become famous soon enoughBarefoot will become famous soon enough
Here is also an interesting video about growing in cornfields....in german...
Barefoot jest offline   Quote

Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #149
Gunnarguchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot
Here is also an interesting video about growing in cornfields....in german...
hehe
i thought that growing in corn wasnt that wide spread in the northern parts of Europe but the German cop said they normally found 15-20 spots in a 25 km radius.
seems like the Germans also have a thing for MJ in corn.

also it was obvious that most of the catches was cause ppl removed corn and the empty spots was stood out like glowing spots from the air.

planting between rows some like a much better way to hide them from flyovers as they dont stand out so much

from the 7 small spots i had for MJ seed grows this year, i only lost one due to an unexpected early harvest in that field only

so its 6:1 in Gunnar versus the farmers
but its
7:0 Gunnar versus the cops

Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 AM   #150
dkmonk

dkmonk is just really nicedkmonk is just really nicedkmonk is just really nicedkmonk is just really nice
Okay I live in Indiana which basically is corn heaven, and I've already got a nice woods spot that I dug up and tilled a couple weeks ago, and it was going to be my only spot, but I need to diversify and it seems corn is the best place.

So... My questions are when should I plant my seeds?
What is the best way? presoak in water plant next day or plant

I can't grow them inside or none of that this year due to the move I just made, so it has to be seed.

Thanks ahead of time,

dkmonk
dkmonk jest offline   Quote