What's new

DP Mazar? Questions?

tokinsmokin

I have questions about Dutch Passion Mazar because i'm currently growing the strain, I was wondering what was the flowering time for your Mazar? what was your EC and PH during veg and flowering? and what environmental conditions did you find worked best? I grew seedlings and just transferred from soil to DWC. and am currently running a 5.8 ph and an EC of .89. Using the Lucas formula with Diamond Nectar, Superthrive, and unfortunately H202 because of high res temps right now. But they look lucious nice and squat. Good for LONG Vegging!!

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Hey Tokinsmokin -- :wave:

First, and foremost, welcome to ICMag! The friendliest Cannabis Site on the Web! {IMHO}

HOG {Hooked-On-Grown, our indoor-hydro forum mod}, is probably our resident expert on this strain, as I believe he has grown out large tables of it. So, when he comes along and sees this, I am sure he will offer up his advice...

But in the meantime {aside from bumping the thread for you... ;)}, I hope you don't mond a couple of observations form a relative noob...

1) EC .89 {~625ppm @ .7} sounds a little low to me, if you are moving into Flower...

2) pH of 5.8 is a tad low, if you are indeed maintaining it at that level... I'd suggest you let it drift up some, into the 5.9 - 6.0 range. See this Nutrient Uptake Chart to get an idea of what nutes may get locked out at 5.8:

Click for Larger Image

Hope that helps! And once again, welcome!!!

Oh! 'n pics!!! We love pics!!! Please feel free to show off your fine 'work' here! ;)

-BuzzBob

tokinsmokin

thanks BuzzBob

thanks BuzzBob

I appreciate the reply, thats some new info for me on that PH chart, explains last grows magnesium deficiency.

I can't exactly get the PH right where i want it right now because i don't have my PH meter yet. The low PH i'm assuming could account for my droopy leaves at the end of the light cycle or what could, but i think this is just natural when they're 2 hours away from their night cycle. Because during the light cycle they are perky.

I believe your right on the EC it is a little low but they were just transferred and am not planning on flowering for another 2-3 weeks, I use the .5 conversion so my ppm is 445 (0-4-8 lucas) since i'm in early veg and thats what the lucas formula calls for, and i bumped up the EC to .99 EC (0-5-10 lucas) and they still need more since it dropped to .97. Could the lack of nutes be the cause for the droopy leaves or is it the ph that has locked certain nutes and caused the droopy leaves?

pics as soon as computer recognizes usb!

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
man I don't know how I missed this thread. LOL!!

tokinsmokin....... welcome to ICMAG! I have been growing Mazar for about 2 years now. The seeds were bought through Seesdirect and from Dutch Passion.

Most of my grows have been from clone to flower with very little veg time. Right when clones hit the table they were at 500 PPM.
I let my pH float between 5.8 and 6.1 which I check daily using a digital pH/EC/PPM pen. After a few days in veg I slowly bumped to 550-600 ppm. Once I see roots coming out of pots...I will slowly raise it every 3 to 4 days. With in 3 weeks of veg they should be around 1000-1200 ppm. When I go to flower I will put the ppm a couple hundred under what they were in veg. So if they were at 1200 in veg I would introduce the flower nutes at about 900-1000 ppm..... After 5 days or so I will bring in upto 1200 ppm and slowly work it up the next few weeks to about 1500 ppm. I have found that the Mazar loves the nutes. Just watch your leaves and look for signs of nute burn at the tips. I have found it very hard to burn them. My recent grow in my buckets I have taken the nutes upto 1600 PPM with no signs of overfertilization. They eat it up. Check out my bucket thread in my signature. About 8 days till harvest.
I found they take all of 56 days to finish. Depending if I need smoke or money......Ipull them at 56 days. The smoke is better if you let it go 63 days and give it a good two wek cure. Super dense hard buds. Very short and stought with nice big colas.

tokinsmokin

I appreciate your experiences with mazar, although i think my hanna ec/temp meter is all messed up. I also have a question i've read that mazar is better cut near 70 days rather than 56 days, and I want to go for longer than shorter no matter the couchlock, and have heard its a better smoke also. whats your take? and is this what your roots looked like at this stage in flower?

alright its been a while since since last post and am now on day 15 of flower, I've got pics from day 11 and day 15 of flower, and recently have switched over to Flora Nova nutes. So far the single mazar that I have is growing like a beast under my 600 and have the light only 9 inches away which was hard considering i have no cooltube.

I'm going to have to go into overdrive to achieve a lower temp when i stick another 600 on my plant in 10 days. 1200 watts on the 3 foot mazar for the last 45-50 days flower. I'm planning on putting the lights at a 45 degree on the top sides of the plant so i can blow the lower buds up.

tokinsmokin

alright sorry for no updates on this thread for so long, but here goes this is the bitch just before she was cut down at 72 days flower. This was my first grow with Mazar and she turned out to be a beauty.

She yielded at 8.3 ounces dry, and is a great smoke, icoughtogetoff can vouch for that one. :friends: Nice stoney with a great body high. :yummy:

tokinsmokin

Hey ic people, thanks for the replies. Great to see other Mazar pic, the high from the Mazar is just amazing i've fallin' in love with it. i will continue to supply my stash with Mazar.

Next grow is starting soon which i'll start a new thread for, which will be 4 AK47 in Bio-Buckets, under a 1000 so look out for the new thread!

tokinsmokin

Well I actually pm'd blunt_69 and told him he needs to think before he posts, which was before he posted here, so he decides to dig one of my old threads up hahaha. Well thanks for the recognition.

Thanks for the props Blunt_69, BigToke, and vhGhost!

Suprisingly enough I do remember the ph and ec of this plant, ph was 5.9 and ec was 1.6 .

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
lol...I cant believe you remembered the ph and ec that you ran...that is nice, I cant' remember what my current ph and ec are at...lol That is a monter cola tokin, nice job :)