What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compressed buds - A good thing?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
So I ground up one of the nugs I had a few nights ago and packed my glass blunt. We took a few hits and then put it away, still about 2/3 full of buds. We tried smoking today but it was too sticky so the blunt wouldn't work right. I had to press really hard to get them all out, and they were somewhat compressed and stuck in a tube shape. I scraped this apart and it was a very good texture for burning.

When I ground them up, they were dust like, very dry. When I emptied them out today, they were very sticky. That was definitely a plus.

I filled the bowl with it, and it burnt very evenly and thoroughly. I didn't see any downsides to it, could there be a certain amount of compression that wasn't a bad thing?

Last edited:

stealthballer

leaning towards being dry as a good thing rather than the compression.
though from experience compressed aint always a bad thing.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Imo its a combination of both. Much like a cigar its all about how its wrapped and humidored that gives it the ideal smoke. Bone dry weed burns too quick giving it a harsher tint and wet weed tastes like crap when its burned. Compactedness is the difference between getting a good pull or getting nada as if your fanning the tip of an incense cone.