What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY GRINDER IS STUCK!

N

niggan8

i never thought this would happen but it has... my grinder has collected so much kief in the bottom that it has gotten into the rivets of the twisty and it is STUCK! i cannot unscrew the chamber. force isnt gonna do it... The only thing i can think of is soaking it in alcohol to disapate the trichromes... but i really dont want to lose all my kif!!!!! so help me... help me with the magical stuck grinder trick please :beat-dead

R00KIE

Heat it up a bit.... Might loosen the resin caught in the threads and you should be able to unscrew it...
If you think it's relatively waterproof you could warm it in some hot water...

G

PUT IT IN THE FREEZER! that will help a bunch. no heat. try the freezer first. Let sit in the freezer for couple of hours to completly freeze.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I just soaked my grinder in alcohol, it's nice and shiny now, looks like new. You could always make ISO with the stuff, but it'd be pretty contaminated because it would soak for a while.

G

Im sure the heat worked. But the heat also cooks your shit. Freezeing would have preserved the potencey.

R00KIE

Actually gringo heat only "cooks your shit" if you use to hot of a heat...
If you only warm it up to loosen the resin you could be doing yourself a favor and be able to compress your hash a bit...
Why do you think when ppl press their hash they add some heat??
Not trying to be an ass here, but I am sure he didn't use a blow torch to heat it up...
Thc only degrades after 170 degrees, warm water certainly isn't going to get that hot...
Not right out of the tap anyways...

G

Not trying to be an ass... but freezing is better cuz it freezes the resin and you can remove the resin and free the grinder easier. Heating it up will cause the resin to smear. I know that heat is used to press resin. Frozen resin removes easily and "pops" off of what it was stuck too.

N

niggan8

i put it on a cookie tray in the oven on lowest setting with the door open for 20 minutes and then it was too hot to touch so i let it cool off for a minute and then i twisted as hard as i could and i barely got it .... time for alcohol soaking

Edin

this happens to me alllll the time, i use to use heat to loosen it, but after awhile it just turned to glue and got so stuck no amount of heat would move it, then i froze it, since then thats the only way i do it

johfiner

yeah my grinder gets sticky but i just soak it in rubbing alcohol before it gets that bad.

how was the screen clear enough to even let any trichomes fall through? when my screen is clean you can see right down to the kif tray. but when it's dirty you can only see screen, so i keep it clean for maximum kif:)

dozer

My grinder before soaking in ISO...
6127grinder_before-med.jpeg

...and after soaking.
6127grinder_after-med.jpeg

Who needs a grinder with a kief catcher anyway? :chin:

By the way, that ball of gum had almost 1g. I didn't filter the iso so it's more like hash not oil. It smoked quite good. :yummy:

G

yes but you are not grinding your plastic bottle. Plastic grinders CAN make plastic shavings that are unhealthy to smoke. The more you use a plastic grinder the more it gets scratched. The iso can get in the scratches or cracks and degrade the plastic possilble make it realease plastic shavings. Your iso bottle is rated for the iso and is a single use item.

Im keeping it friendly and giving friendly advice. Im not trying to have a pissing contest with someone who uses a cheap plastic grinder. Health warnings were issued about cheap plastic grinders and the harmful shavings it can produce.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Wow dozer, that grinder looks nasty, how much herb went through that between cleanings? Is the performance of plastic grinders comparable to machined metal? I got my Space Case for like $30 at my local head shop, and I've had it two years now, still like new. I give it a good ISO soaking every couple months, I don't save the stuff though. It doesn't get nearly as gunked up as that yellow one though, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Latest posts

Latest posts