What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Alpine Guerilla Growing.......

Fast_Pine

........in the desert Southwest US.

Hello Guys. Im Fast Pine. Welcome to my grow journal! :wave: ..Pull up a seat and enjoy the show.

Things are just getting started for me. We had 2inches of snow fall overnight on May 20.(my usual transplant date) :yoinks:
...So i decided I would hang back and be safe...Things are just starting to go out now.

Lemme tell you a lil bit about whats goin on....
Im growing at VERY high altitude..Plots ranging from 6500 to 8500feet above the waves....Even though im at 36degrees N. The altitude causes me to have a short season like many up north..

The season is June, 1- Sept, 15.

A rule of thumb to remember about climate and elevation is that every 1000 feet gained in elevation is the same as traveling 400 miles north. This means, as I climb the thousands of feet into the mountains, its almost the same as starting out in the desert of central Arizona or New Mexico, and ending up in the spruce-fir forests of lower Canada....Annual precipitation in the higher elevations is 25-30 inches, wile lower elevations only receive 5-10...Drastic changes in weather and temperature can occur in minutes!..The terrain is rough and taxing with many granite faces..The soil is very hard clay, that holds water well but has absolutely no nutrients in it..

Strain selection is very important for me. They must be tough plants that can handle a hailstorm and be ready by September.

Heres the lineup:
Paradise seeds
Sensi Star
Belladonna
Durga matta
Sweet Purple
Nirvana
Ice
Chrystal
Master Kush

Swiss Miss
Bigbud
WW
THSeeds
Mendocino Madness

With the front runners in bold.

Ive grown most of these strains before and have the most confidence in the Madness, Sensi Star, and the Sweet Purple..
I ran into alotta clone troubles, so my lineup kinda got thrown off a lil.:confused:

I will be pumping water to my plots using a gas powered water pump. (Honda WX-10)....The water will be pumped from remote streams, over a small ridge into the adjacent valley...

..and held in trash cans, Ill mix up some nutes in the reservoirs and hand water with a bucket

Water will also be pumped from a twin size water bed bladder .....

I use a water meter to gauge how much water goes into the bladder in order to apply the right amount of nutrients. The drive to the plot is rough so the nutes mix up in the bladder kinda like a concrete truck mixes its load on the way to a jobsite:chin:...
The pump allows me to get 120Gal down the hill and into the tank in under 15 min...Which really limits exposure time. Last year we used nothing but gravity..Same job took 2-3 hours. Very sketchy...

.....down hill to a reservoir. There is a gravity fed drip system in place, with slow feed drippers.

I will experiment with some rain harvesting this year too.

Weve been prepping since last fall. Replacing soil and such. Back breaking carrying hundreds of bags of soil back into the woods...

The days are getting longer and hotter. Summer has arrived for me and im very excited to share the journey with yall.

Lets go camping!

Last edited:
G

Dude hell yeah your shit is awesome! Major props to you my friend! GOod luck to you and hope the best yields! I will be deffiently following this. peace :joint:

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Awesome thread already, Pipeline. Great job of outlining exactly which challenges you face and what you do to overcome them.

The area is extremely similar to mine... quite a bit greener native vegetation and my plants sit at 6000-7000', so I'm a little lower... but if I wanted to make my garden fully automated, I'd have to do what you do for water, and then some.

Can't wait to see this one!!! You kill it, brother.

Dig

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
peace fast pine, your plot/grow is simply masterful :respect:

the place is so nice too, loving the elevation as well :joint:

k+!

fuerza!

LORD BENIS

Jesus Christ man!!!
Awesome thread thus far, looks like you've done some serious planning. Great pics too, I especially like the canoe one. Sounds like hard work humping all that soil out there, especially in the terrain you describe. BTW, how are the drip emitters working out for ya? Keep us posted. :lurk: :lurk: :lurk:

Fast_Pine

Thanks for the well wishes and comments guys. I truly appreciate tha support.

Its time for a update...

I checked one plot yesterday, This one is at 7500feet. So far it hasn't been watered by anything but rainwater. To prep this plot, I mixed the soil 2'x2', added perlite and slow release nutrients. This is the plot that has the rain harvesting equipment, the tarp blew down. we've been getting some pretty harsh storms lately. I may put it back up, but im pretty sure it will get blown down again. I will prolly just leapfrog some water up the hillside with some trashcans and the gaspowered water pump from a nearby stream.

This is my most remote plot, being over a mile uphill deep into a very distant portion of natnl forest.
.......................................................................................................
Things havent been this green in years!

All this wetness is causing me to pop more beans, and take more cuts!..

Portion of the plot. It gets good sun, and is very level for being on a hillside. It collects water well.

This is a Mendocino Madness motherplant.

These holes havent peen planted yet.

It rained lastnight. Hard, all over. I cant wait to put out the next round.

I will visit another spot here in a fiew days...Stay tuned..

Im goin fishin.

Peace and love fellas.

Last edited:

elevate

impressive scenic photographs.... your location is flat...wo! tons of potential here... im sure the maximum will be reached come harvest... may the force be with you - sorry, just smoked some jedi...

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another great guerilla grow to follow! Anytime you see that much work & effort going into the grow, well, you just can't help rooting a little harder for exceptional results. Best wishes for a bountiful yr! I'll just be right over there keepin' an eye on things. :lurk: Peace, HL

G

guest5703

fuck yea fast pine, all that work you did early on will pay off for you come harvest time!!! fuckin a bro, you got a great season ahead of you, and you know I FOR SURE bookmarked ya!!! ill be back peace and happy growing!

Stanky420

Incredible Fast_Pine!!! What an awesome outdoor setup!!! Ill be watching your grow show for sure!!!! Great work!!!

Later,
Stanky

G

damn man, im seriously impressed! i wish i was THAT dedicated. i definately got a seat for this one. :D

G

It will be good grow for sure. I will stop here often I think :D
Stay safe.

Man those pictures are beautiful,
I Love the Mountain Scenary one,

Great fuckin grow to,
Im excited to see the product out of all this,
I'll stay tuned, ur a inspiration

hamstring

Veteran
Fast Pine
Great to hear from you brother. Looks like a great post. Makes me feel bad about all the times I have complained about carrying the small amount of soil additives that I use.
I hope you and Mrs. Pine have a good year you guys worked hard for it. Good Luck and keep me up to date on the Mendocino Madness.

None of mine made it.

:wave: :wave:

G

Looking forward to watching this after all the hard worh you've been putting in, great work man. Biggest sack of soil I;ve ever carried into the woods was 15 litres lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts