What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rabbit manure as cannabis fertilizer

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive heard that its good for plants cause its got many importens stuff and that its easy to use cause its not so strong as other animal fertilizers.

I have a little growspot where ive added spaghnum and leca peas but how many kilo of rabbit manure can i add for the spot ( apr. 10 m2 of growing space)?

i take plant from pots and put them there in a short time.

Ive heard about making "tea" with it also, but how many kilos do i use for how many liters of water?
And can i then use it as dayli watering or only as a supplement once in awhile?

Would apreciate very much if someone could shed some light on it cause i have kinda unlimited supply of rabbit manure.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rabbit poo is very good. Make sure it's composted enough or it may burn your plants.
Burn1

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
My friends father used to sware by rabbit manure for his plants. He harvested some great outdoor grows using it too. To bad he's no longer with us to share his info..

He would shovel it right from under the rabbit hutches though, right into the containers.. 1 shovel full of rabbit litter for every 3 of potting soil, so it was used as amendment... All the alfalpha, and fresh veggies they eat should make for one hell of a manure for veg growth IMO..

I'm really interested in trying it myself.. if u find any more info, or go on to try it please share your results... As far as I understood rabbit manure didn't need to be composted like others.. Not 100% sure though.. I guess letting it sit under the hutches is composted enough?

Last edited:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I'd be worried about how much of rabbit maure gets pee soaked, might be too much N.. who knows.

I have a bunny and love her to death and she loves eating my fan leaves and stalks, shes house trained and runs free around my basement. If you want rabbit poo there is nothing better than having a bunny, its a very rewarding animal to keep.

V

vonforne

I have been feeding the wild rabbits in my yard with alfalfa pellets. They seem to eat and poo in the same spot. I just go along and scoop it up from time to time and put it into a 5 gallon bucket and let it compost down. as soon as I have about 10 to 15 gallons composted I will add it to a soil mix and do a side by side grow.

V

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
When I was young, dad would shovel the manure from under the rabbit pens into a bucket with no soil... plant established seedlings directly into it... leave them out side... and harvest killer buds in the fall... Haven't tried it myself, as I'm indoor and don't want 30 buckets of shit in the house... In my veggie Garden, though I have dug 3 or 4 gallon holes and filled them with straight rabbit poo, with excellent results...

It should be noted that the manure beneath the rabbit pens would get fairly deep, and the top couple of inches gets pushed aside before digging... There were usually lots of worms in the bottom few inches as well... So the buckets most likely contained Vermicomposted manure, composted manure, and partially composted manure...
Manures

source.........................N P K comments
Rabbit manure.......... 2.4 1.4 0.6 Most concentrated of animal manures in fresh form.
Cow manure (dairy). 0.6 0.2 0.5 Often contains weed seeds, should be hot composted.
Steer manure.......... 0.7 0.3 0.4 Often contains weed seeds, should be hot composted if fresh.
Chicken manure....... 1.1 0.8 0.5 Fast acting, breaks down quickest of all manures. Use carefully, may burn. Also, stinks like hell - composting definitely recommended.
Horse manure........... 0.7 0.3 0.6 Medium breakdown time.
Duck manure............ 0.6 1.4 0.5 .
Sheep manure.......... 0.7 0.3 0.9 .
Worm castings......... 0.5 0.5 0.3 50% organic material plus 11 trace minerals. Great for seedlings, will not burn. Is a form of compost, so doesn't need composting.

G

mmmmm.....rabbit poo

looks like its good for veging....
and when flowertime comes.u could adjust to a bloom fert

i,ll get my avatar to make some......hehe

Deft

Veteran
vonforne said:
I have been feeding the wild rabbits in my yard with alfalfa pellets. They seem to eat and poo in the same spot. I just go along and scoop it up from time to time and put it into a 5 gallon bucket and let it compost down. as soon as I have about 10 to 15 gallons composted I will add it to a soil mix and do a side by side grow.

V
I want to see that if you take pics.

V

vonforne

I have even made a small bed for them by the woods.

Here are some shots for you. I have been piling grass and dried poo in some places and letting it passive compost like horse or cow manure. The large grass area is nest to my house and I go over and spread out alfalfa pellets everywhere. I have been doing this for some time now. the little buggers are everywhere.

Here is a pic of one.

I have several passive piles going. I add dry grass and leaves. and from time to time fresh green grass. I let the poo dry first as not to let it release the nitrates as gases into the air.

V

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I was thinking about using it for a while too.. If you do a search on Rabbit Hill Farms, that's a company who makes different organic fertilizers with rabbit manure... Some of the places that carry their products carry the composted manure as well.. But in my short searching they seemed to have some dry organic fertilizer products that could be interesting to try

I was gonna mix it into my mix as a large percentage amendement such as worm castings

Peat or coco
rabbit manure
worm castings
kelp
perlite
Dol. lime
pre flower transplant I'd add 2tbs high P bat guano per gallon of soil right to the transplant holes.

I'd feed teas as needed. I probably wouldn't need much of anything through veg as I veg pretty short time..But a light tea like mollasses/ewc to start, and add in the n or p guanos when needed... I guess in vegg you could add manure teas as that has a pretty good amount of N.

Last edited:

Deft

Veteran
I wish the wild rabbits would come in my yard, but they are rightly afraid.. my cat eats rabbits quite often :(

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
and much more informed on the proper use
im still gonna use bought nutrients like Canna Grow and Bloom mostly for indoor use, but its nice to have acces to alle this free animal fertilizers for my outdoorgrow

jolene

I have a rabbit hutch above one of my worm bins and they crap and piss straight down into the worm bedding and it makes lovely rich worm castings. Good for grow phase rather than bloom i think as it seems to have lots of nitrogen in it

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Excellent Gunnarguchi... I'm glad your giving it a shot.. Thanks for the heads up, and link to the grow thread.. I'll be sure to check it out, and see how the rabbit shit works out for tha plants.

Good luck with the grow!!

G

I used to use rabbit poo and the dirty water full of fish poo from my tropical fish tank to grow my ourdoor crops when I had a private back garden, worked fantastic, the fish water always seemed to perk them up, an hour after watering they always looked great with the leaves 'praying'. As for the rabbit poo, must work well as i managed to get a 10ft Durban Poison in the UK.