What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

climate change

sickhaze

dudes i want to ask does any one seem to know how far global warning is going i watched somewhere the other day about a ice cap breaking loose the size of new york whats up with that does anybody know where its headed how much damage expected uno ???

treble

I heard it was heading on a collision course toward washington... better be getting up on ya chairs n tables folks.. could get mighty damp there abouts

:joint:
treb

Danksta

i still think that the climate change has nothing to do with our pollution of the earth, this doesnt mean i condone the disposal of harmful chemicals into our environment.
the earth switches its poles every once in half a million years and now its time is up, and those who are smart know that the magnetic force has a dramatic impact on our earths climate.

I will stay out of the 'cause' arena, but as far as the 'effect' part of it, I think you are likely looking at a matter of decades before we see large changes in water levels, but just for fun, why not pop in to youtube and check out "an inconvenient truth". Whether or not you agree with the science and or Al Gore, it is at the least an interesting program and you will find some predictions about the answer you seek

G

On both sides of the coin, whether we caused it with our pollution or not. We need to stop polluting.
Regardless of global warming, don't you think it would be nice to drink the water as is. No special chemical mixture designed to cleanse it - further adding pollutants. Simply some osmosis action going on and drink it as it is?

Would be nice to trust the farm products once again, instead of pollutants added for this and that and it's run off into the water table.

People can deny all they want about global warming, so be it. But don't you at least want your food and water to be clean? Aren't you tired of the gas prices, emissions, and all the jazz that goes along with it?

Whether one believes in global warming or not, the fact does exist that we've trashed this place and continue to more so each year and aren't doing much about it. Whether or not anyone cares about polar caps and the habitat doomed, the mere fact they want to continue to be selfish and take it all puts them in the same goal. You want clean nonpoisonous food and water, you have to clean it up.
You want to continue a carefree lifestyle with no regard to anything around you but your own shits and giggles, you've got to find an alternative fuel source.

Whether it's Earth's natural cycle of cleaning it's self up, or we caused it, or whatever. Whether one cares or not, we're all in the same boat. We don't exist without these resources and they have to be cleaned and preserved, if we're going to preserve ourselves.

G

Well I'll tell you,I'm in Florida and all that crap Al is trying to gurglr gurglr gu...

sickhaze

im not so interested in what caused it because the damage is done but more towards what does this mean for us because the program i was watching said that glacier broke free but scientists kept it quiet for a year thats what my main worrie and aswell as that people were proclaiming glaciers would break of at about the year 2050 atleast but how come its happening sooooooo soon i used to think i wouldnt be alive to see it but are we going to die together that scares me al gore i couldnt give a shit the trash that comes out of his mouth is causing the global warming lol.but i rather ask how will it happen in detail and is it happening already

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
I'll just repost summat I wrote fer a nother thread fe rmy views on this one:

Hate to break it to you all, but the only thing that is going to solve the problems that face humanity is a catastrophic die off of most of the global population. All politicians are merely mouthpieces for Corpo-Nazi scum.

As long as we see this planet and it's other inhabitants as something to use, exploit and deplete, we are fucked.

The misogynist, patriarchal, exploitative, resource-hoarding paradigm that has dominated human civilization for the last 6000 years MUST change, or within 500 years this planet will be uninhabitable for most forms of life that we know of....and that is being generous.

The only way that paradigm is going to change is if it is demonstrated in a VERY DRASTIC way that is is simply not viable anymore.....it has to fail us totally for the survivors to change thier paradigm enough not to replicate it in the future.

Unless humanity adopts an attitude about our only home thats is totally and radically different, we are dooming our children to living in a toxic wasteland, and their great-grandchildren to be the witnesses to the extinction of our species.

The attitude that MUST be adopted as the new reality can be summed up very well in the second quote in my signature line.......

G

The best minds in the country can't agree,and neither will us here.All can agree it's occurring,but the reasons can't be agreed upon.Some say its caused by man and the "greenhouse effect",some will say it's a natually occurring cycle.As usual extremists on either side have taken control of the issue.The left would have you believe I cant sit in my flowerroom for several hours under 2000PPM plus co2 without my head exploding lol,the right doesn't want to admit to the possibility of human involvement.Its really too simple for me..If we get too ornery mother earth will just shake us off like a case of bad fleas.

G

GanjaLord said:
On both sides of the coin, whether we caused it with our pollution or not. We need to stop polluting.
Regardless of global warming, don't you think it would be nice to drink the water as is. No special chemical mixture designed to cleanse it - further adding pollutants. Simply some osmosis action going on and drink it as it is?

Would be nice to trust the farm products once again, instead of pollutants added for this and that and it's run off into the water table.

People can deny all they want about global warming, so be it. But don't you at least want your food and water to be clean? Aren't you tired of the gas prices, emissions, and all the jazz that goes along with it?

Whether one believes in global warming or not, the fact does exist that we've trashed this place and continue to more so each year and aren't doing much about it. Whether or not anyone cares about polar caps and the habitat doomed, the mere fact they want to continue to be selfish and take it all puts them in the same goal. You want clean nonpoisonous food and water, you have to clean it up.
You want to continue a carefree lifestyle with no regard to anything around you but your own shits and giggles, you've got to find an alternative fuel source.

Whether it's Earth's natural cycle of cleaning it's self up, or we caused it, or whatever. Whether one cares or not, we're all in the same boat. We don't exist without these resources and they have to be cleaned and preserved, if we're going to preserve ourselves.

Damn good post. If you dont agree with this post then turn off fox news and do some research for yourself people.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't get caught dead starting one of these threads.......

I wouldn't get caught dead starting one of these threads.......

bump

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Well I just did some traveling and everyplace I traveled the ppl didn't know shit about climate change but they knew somthing had really changed where they lived. They knew their seasons where not what they once where and the fish were not coming back and the crops where not doing well and on and on. I have lived in Van BC for a long time and for the last 3 years we have had NO SUMMER at all. It's July 28/12 and it's as cold as winter here.
So lets break it down shall we: Our climates fucked, The banks have taken everyones money,The Gov is locking everyone up for cannabis and whatever else they can find,and you have no rights? did I miss anything? headband 707

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
i still think that the climate change has nothing to do with our pollution of the earth, this doesnt mean i condone the disposal of harmful chemicals into our environment.
the earth switches its poles every once in half a million years and now its time is up, and those who are smart know that the magnetic force has a dramatic impact on our earths climate.
Well let me tell you that climate change has everything to do with pollution of the earth .. I could go into why but I think there is enough info out there that you should know this by now. OZONE LAYER lol.. headband 707:)

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Well I'll tell you,I'm in Florida and all that crap Al is trying to gurglr gurglr gu...

Damn if your state wasn't so fucked up about smoking bud there too lol.. Yeah your goin under bra better find higher ground lol stay dry headband 707:dance013:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I just did some traveling and everyplace I traveled the ppl didn't know shit about climate change but they knew somthing had really changed where they lived. They knew their seasons where not what they once where and the fish were not coming back and the crops where not doing well and on and on. I have lived in Van BC for a long time and for the last 3 years we have had NO SUMMER at all. It's July 28/12 and it's as cold as winter here.
So lets break it down shall we: Our climates fucked, The banks have taken everyones money,The Gov is locking everyone up for cannabis and whatever else they can find,and you have no rights? did I miss anything? headband 707

Well let me tell you that climate change has everything to do with pollution of the earth .. I could go into why but I think there is enough info out there that you should know this by now. OZONE LAYER lol.. headband 707:)

Damn if your state wasn't so fucked up about smoking bud there too lol.. Yeah your goin under bra better find higher ground lol stay dry headband 707:dance013:

I had a feeling this thread might get a few folks chatting, just didn't figure they'd all be you.......

:dunno:

I

Iron_Lion

Anyone interested should check out National Geographics " Six Degrees that could change the world" documentary.

If you watch this doc that was made in 2008, and apply it to things we have seen happen recently you will realize we have already reached the tipping point. We are there, climate change (global warming or not) will continue to get more real.

Earth has only been in the habitable zone for the last 10,000 years, and in that time there has has decades of extreme cold and decades of extreme heat.

I know the weather in my area has been different then years prior, very hot and dry.

Latest posts

Latest posts