What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Haze

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Well another 72 hours from last post and I am sad to say that it appears the first try with these OTH seeds will see only 1 of 5 sprouted. My Bangi Haze went 3 for 3 and the oldest seeds (Senor Garcia) were 1 of 2.

I realize the OTH's are older seeds, but I wish they would have done better. I will try again with the remaining six and hope I up my chances in the second half sprouting at higher percentage. I will scuff these prior to soaking for 12 hours followed by sterile paper towels. All water ph 6.5.

Wish me luck!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Germinate the oldtimer's haze with high temps around 30ºC for best results!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Germinate the oldtimer's haze with high temps around 30ºC for best results!

Dubi,

Many thanks for suggestions. I don't think temp is a problem as it has been warm here and I keep seeds sprouting on a heat mat.

Question, as these seeds are stored in refrigerated temps, should I allow seeds 24 hours at ambient temp before soaking? Could the quick turnaround from cold to warm germination temps be an issue?

javtfs

I am testing some ACE strains right now :
Pakistan Citral kush 10 seeds 1 female 1 male 2 unsexed , the rest didn´t sprout.
Golden tiger 2 seeds 2 females
Vietnam black x Thai 4 seeds 4 unsexed yet
Ourple Haze x thai 4 seeds 3 females 1 didn´t sprout
Double thai 6 seeds 1 germinated but died 2 days later , rest didn´t sprout

I would recomend you that you soak seeds in water + some drops of h2o2 until they fully open and then transfer to papertowels

hope the best for you :wave:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
javtfs,

Thanks for the advice, I've got the last 6 OTH in a warm H2O + H2O2 bath. I will keep let you know how things turn out! Best wishes for your Ace run!

De La Luz

Old stock of OT Haze on SB now, very reasonable starting bids. :)

3f x 6m
13f x 6m
23f x 6m

;)

Highlighter ~ I have about 25 or 30 packs of these... I ordered some in 07 . I got packs from all of the test crosses BUT... they were shipped to a friend of mine and he then re-shipped them to me... doh! He saw the packs with the name OTH and did not understand that the "different numbers" represented different crosses within the hybrid... so to save space he removed all clear packs from the booklets (the booklets had the cross numbers & info on them:covereyes: ) so I have all these packs but no idea what female was used for which packs... SO MUCH WORK...SO LITTLE TIME...!!
Someday soon I hope to pop a few.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I've placed bids on several of these. They are quite old seeds, so I'm not sure we can expect stellar germ rates, but it good to know these seeds will find their way to the community. I hope everyone who receives them can document their experiences.

Cheers,

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I got one pack of the two auctions I won. 3f x 6m. I have not received the other pack I won, 13f x 6m. Seedbay gave me a cryptic response about placing bay and boo orders together, which I did not. Haven't ordered anything from the boo in a while. I hope it gets sorted out. Only $50 or so, but still. Good luck sg87, hope they make it to you.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The 3f x 6m seeds are ferreted away for a while, but wanted to update with the one OTH that I've got going from the newer release.

Smells of metal and astringents, just starting some trich production. I assume she needs at least another 10 weeks.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
sorry to hear that sativa-herbivor. I wish I would have received both packs, but am thankful I got one. I've been searching for more OTH seeds and every seed bank listing them is out of stock after I place my order. One of them was nice enough to refund my money, but there is another shop that has yet to do so.

It's been cold here (lows of 6C). I hope the OTH can stand up to those chilly temps.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Welcome chunkymunky,

Hopefully fresh oldtimer's haze stock will be released again around January 2010.

Dubi, I just received a vial of the Oldtimer's Haze dated 07-07-09. Can you tell me about the mother/father used for this selection? Is this primarily going to be a green haze/incense selection? Thanks,

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Updates on the OTH outdoors.

Week 14 and she smells lovey...floral citrus spice incense. Few small spots of mold from dead leaves, I removed and am keeping close eye on her. Should need another few weeks to finish well.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
I think there still some packs left in some spanish online growshops...those one's interested should take a look!

salud!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Ras Pablo,

I have found them in some other locations as well. Difficult, but doable. Would not wait around; however, for those interested.

HHHG

I got a pack last year from att. (Purple/green Haze female 1 X Green Haze male 6)
Got 9 females and 1 male. The females produced several phenos, at least two were keepers - one with cottonball buds and the other a big bushy green thai. The male seems to be mex/col dominant and is producing pollen now. Will be pollinating all females and store away their seeds for the post-apocalypse.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
I got a pack last year from att. (Purple/green Haze female 1 X Green Haze male 6)
Got 9 females and 1 male. The females produced several phenos, at least two were keepers - one with cottonball buds and the other a big bushy green thai. The male seems to be mex/col dominant and is producing pollen now. Will be pollinating all females and store away their seeds for the post-apocalypse.

Happy to hear that bro! Wise words!

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts