You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > African Strains

Thread Title Search
African Strains Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2007, 11:47 AM #1
Herbalistic
Herbal relaxation...

Herbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of light
Herbalistic has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
African Strains

Hola IC!!!

Ok, I think it´s time to gather all the info of African strains that we got / have info. Africa is special continent with interesting area´s & climates and there is long tradition of cannabis cultivation & smoking. Mainreason for this thread is that I would want to know more about strains that originates in Congo to Ivory Coast because I think that area is hiding the famed Black Magic African that I had honor to sample in mid 90´s. Many of the discussions I have got with my African friends from that area have revealed me that those countries / areas have very psychedelic strains. When I been smoking Power Plant with my friends and asked how the effects remind them of the weed they got in their homecountry, they have said that it has similar qualities like you stay active aso. but that the weed they got there is much more psychedelic and the high does last much longer.

There are so many interesting tribes who got different uses for our belowed herb and think about all the immigration that Africa has got. Different strains from different area´s of world combine with native African strains & African soil & sun = very special herb. I believe that there are lot´s of African strain to reveal that are cultivated by some tribe / little nation for spiritual purposes only, those are strains I am mostly after. So people, post all the myths & stories also you have heard and all the experiences you have got with African cannabis, so we may really succeed to get some useful information.

One important point in this discussion are the traditional curing techniques that are practised in Africa. I think that the special curing techniques are one of the reasons why African weed is so special & famed. So all the people who has info about these techniques, please share them with us!

Here are lot´s of folks in IC that know their African sativas and much more that would like to learn more about this mysterous continent, so please feel free to post.

Here is a nice pic from Bonecarver_OG presenting different Afican strains, the buds were growed by LaManoNegra:

Fly Free Angel!!!
-Medjool-
R.I.P

My hash/oil thread
African Strains
Testing my cross: Neville´s Haze x Purps
Some Blockhead pix & macros

Last edited by Herbalistic; 06-12-2007 at 12:06 PM..
Herbalistic is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:35 PM #2
la mano negra

la mano negra is a jewel in the roughla mano negra is a jewel in the roughla mano negra is a jewel in the roughla mano negra is a jewel in the roughla mano negra is a jewel in the roughla mano negra is a jewel in the roughla mano negra is a jewel in the rough
hello

I would be able you to speak of Mali, Senegal, Cabo Verde, Ghana, Guinea, Congo (Zaire), Congo, Angola, South Africa, Lesotho, Mozambique, Madagascar, Ethiopia and Moroccan. Those they are the Africans that have planted, but they lack a lot. Mostly the high is very psychedelic and electric, above all Congo, Angola and Mozambique.

I do not speak English.

Some Africans:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=32052

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24192

adios

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:32 PM #3
Alfred-cannaria
Wu Tang Plant

Alfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the rough
Hello, I am Spanish, i am of Gran Canaria, take cultivating 3 years. Not long ago I knew an association called cannarias, in her is people with good heart and they taught to me that the best seeds are gifts, have given me some African varieties, sincerely, these seeds that have given to me are much better than any seed of bank. Mozambique, Banghi, Angola... and those that to you the teacher mentioned "La Mano Negra". We are in https://www.cannarias.com

Excuse my english but i´m using traductors and thuy aren´t exactly
Alfred-cannaria is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:55 PM #4
Herbalistic
Herbal relaxation...

Herbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of lightHerbalistic is a glorious beacon of light
Herbalistic has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Hola!!!

Thank you guys for droppin by! I wash wishing that Lamano will show up and share some wisdom with us. I am aware of the Cannarias.com and ive been lurking there sometimes. It is a shame I cannot understand spanish, because there would be so much good info about African strains in spanish.

Ok, it doesnt matter do you post about your experiences with African herb in this thread or do you "just" post a link to threads that deal with African cannabis. Only goal is to gather as much information as possible about African strains in one thread, so it would be easy to find information about African cannabis strains & curing methods in a single thread.

I know that spanish people have cultivated African strains for years and that there are huge variation of strains in Spain. It would be awesome, if somebody who does understand spanish & english would translate the info in english!

After / (if) this thread has taken fire and information starts to gather, I am going to post the most important/usefull: information, links aso. in my first post in this thread.

Fly Free Angel!!!
-Medjool-
R.I.P

My hash/oil thread
African Strains
Testing my cross: Neville´s Haze x Purps
Some Blockhead pix & macros

Last edited by Herbalistic; 05-26-2007 at 03:14 PM..
Herbalistic is offline Quote

Old 05-26-2007, 03:11 PM #5
Ganico

Ganico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura about
La Mano -can you tell more about the Senegal strains?
Ganico is offline Quote

Old 05-26-2007, 06:40 PM #6
monkey5

monkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nicemonkey5 is just really nice
la mano negra, hola !!!! very nice links to your sweet looking ganja !!! monkey5
monkey5 is offline Quote

Old 05-26-2007, 07:00 PM #7
muddy waters

muddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the roughmuddy waters is a jewel in the rough
buenos dias mi gente, mano si lo poderia ayudar con a traduccion, digame

nice idea for a thread, herbalistic. i have some swazi and a malawi hybrid going right now. i will be happy to add them once they're in flower.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:18 PM #8
Highlighter
ring that bell

Highlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant futureHighlighter has a brilliant future
Nice one, Herbalistic! A good african thread in 'Strains & Hybrids' is most needed!
As w/ Muddy, I'll post up some pics when things get interesting. Please come and share @ my thread in my signature as well!

Bravo la mano negra, always a treat to view your exotics!

Brotherhood of Eternal Love

R.I.P. DR. Jay, medical messiah
R.I.P. Medjool, ganja goddess
R.I.P. LMN , sativa king

Last edited by Highlighter; 05-26-2007 at 10:41 PM..
Highlighter is offline Quote

Old 05-26-2007, 10:52 PM #9

I am really interested in African Strains. I have some Malawi Gold, Swazi Red, Durban Poison, Malawi Gold x Columbian Gold, Ghana, Jahwi's Joy (Ghana), Senegal, Angola x Banghi, Lesotho x Uzbeki and a few others waiting for my new garden. At the moment I have this Nirvana Swazi almost finished. She was grown under 12/12 from seed as an experiment.

Old 05-26-2007, 11:44 PM #10
Alfred-cannaria
Wu Tang Plant

Alfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the roughAlfred-cannaria is a jewel in the rough
Hi, i have some strains from La Mano Negra like to : Mozambique*Uzbekistan, South Africa*Mozambique, (Bangui*Nepal)*Uzbequistan, Black Maconde ( Mozambique´s landrace)...

and African Bangui

Alfred-cannaria is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.