You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Nepalese Jam

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Nepalese Jam Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2007, 02:23 PM #1
Ganico

Ganico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura about
Nepalese Jam

Are y'all gonna bring this strain back anytime soon? I'd really like to try this one
Ganico is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 AM #2
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganico
Are y'all gonna bring this strain back anytime soon? I'd really like to try this one
High Ganico!

Nepalese Jam (Nepalese highland X Jamaican 85) has been out of stock for a year. We have produced a limited supply of Nepalese Jam backcrossed again to the nepalese, It's called Nepalese Highland.

We are working at the moment to produce fresh standard and femenized Nepalese Jam seeds for Autumn/Winter.

Thanks for the interest! dubi
dubi is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2007, 01:59 AM #3
Ganico

Ganico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura aboutGanico has a spectacular aura about
Okay, well hopefully I'll get to try it next summer.

I was just trying to find some pure sativa genetics containing caribbean genes and this sounds like a real nice cross.

Really though, I'm just a sucker for fruity sativas regardless.

Let me say this though, I'm so glad to see more pure sativas and pure sativa hybrids ("pure sativa x pure sativa", NOT "sativa x indica") being bred. That is the real deal type work. This is what need to be done.
It's SO damn hard to find any commercially available pure sativas, and even those are the same old ones, if you want short flowering ones for outdoors then you're really screwed. Man, that just ain't moral. There's pure sativas that'll grow in CANADA, so I can't see the point of so much indica hybrids really.

Good work, y'all.
Godbless!
Ganico is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:44 PM #4
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
I totally agree.

There's a huge lack of sativa genetic diversity in today's commercial weed.
It's real sad. Sativa grows almost in every place of the planet, but after 3-4 decades, the cannabis breeding scene has a poor sativa legacy, mainly composed by haze hybrids and durbans. The true is that we have hundreds of different commercial 'strains' available but they all have the same sativa genetic background.

I like a lot haze and durban but there are lot other good sativas from Nepal, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Angola, Congo, Panama etc ... that are excellent in quality but they are a very small part of today's commercial genepool,

Landraces have their own cannabinoid profile and new aromas and experiences to offer. They were the base breeding for all the modern varities we are enjoying today and the future for the new breds too.

We are working in our own way, adding new quality genetics to the commercial genepool instead copy other's work or sell the same sour/nl/skunk/haze/widow/bluberry unstabilized poli hybrids we have been suffering the past 10 years. We are doing what is in our hand to avoid cannabis endogamic depression.
dubi is offline Quote

22 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:26 AM #5
bodhiseeds
deep in botanical meditation

bodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of light
hey dubi, thanks for all the great work and strains...
i was wondering where your nepali highland was collected, i love nepalis and have a nice collection of them, it would cool to know the village or mountain area of yours.

peace
b

Old 06-05-2007, 11:47 AM #6
dubi
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiseeds
hey dubi, thanks for all the great work and strains...
i was wondering where your nepali highland was collected, i love nepalis and have a nice collection of them, it would cool to know the village or mountain area of yours.

peace
b
High bodhiseeds!

Im glad to hear you like nepalese strains. They are lovely, unique and different to the classic SE asian sativas, more present in today's genepool.

The nepalese highland used in nepalese jam came from Canada-North America. It's the most worked and fast nepalese line we have, very powerful, crystalline and dense flowering.

Nepalese kathmandu is taller, lankier and more colorful, more like a classic himalayan sativa with thin delicate appearance, mid flowering and fluffly flowers with exotic aromas.

3rd nepalese is the one used in Bangi Haze and came from a spanish grower, half domesticated here in spain, dont know exactly the zone of origin.

What nepalese strains do you like to grow? Please, feel free to comment any personal experience with them. Thanks for posting. dubi
dubi is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM #7
charlie garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi
The nepalese highland used in nepalese jam came from Canada-North America. It's the most worked and fast nepalese line we have, very powerful, crystalline and dense flowering.
Hi, here is a nepalese male
best
charlie

Last edited by charlie garcia; 06-08-2007 at 10:25 AM..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:29 AM #8
mark6699331
M

mark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura about
Same structure as the humboldt purp. nepalese going around. I like it very much. Hey Dubi- I just want to say we all love the work you guys are doing to save and reincarnate the landrace strains and keeping the hope alive so to speak.

-M
mark6699331 is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2007, 12:44 PM #9
charlie garcia

Nice words Mark

And the other side of Nepal Jam hybrid, the Jamaican line used, here growing outdoors in our climate. Sometimes donates a lovely strawberry/lavender aroma with a nice motivational effect. Nice and healthy line kept for long around here,

Best

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM #10
charlie garcia

And other details of one of the biggest jamaican phenos kept. They can make huge in size and yieldl with nice internodal distance. It finishes later than Nepalese, around middle/end november here

best

10 members found this post helpful.