Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > The BLUEBERRY SATIVA ~ Picture Gallery

Thread Title Search
The BLUEBERRY SATIVA ~ Picture Gallery Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2007, 10:50 PM #1
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
The BLUEBERRY SATIVA ~ Picture Gallery

This thread is a special place that has been set aside for those who wish to pay homage and give welcome to this Majestic Blue Sativa.

Two weeks ago DJ projected the VERY exciting news into the forum when he stated he’s “Currently working on resurrecting the original Blueberry Sativa line” … the fabulous news has created quite a stir to say the least.

It is now time to celebrate the pending release of DJ Short’s infamous Blueberry Sativa (BBS) in stable strain form. This incredible strain of special heady Cannabis was developed sometime in the early to mid 1980’s. It has been carefully maintained solely by DJ up to now. He generously shared it first with Breeder Steve who was given explicit consent to use the strain ‘only’ to breed the Satellite series. Steve was gifted 50 pure BBS seeds to bring the dream to life. It was both fortunate and unfortunate that only two of the 50 would pop. The BBS Mother Plant was born. After the second Satellite release, Steve’s BBS met premature and complete fate following a raid that occurred after the second release.

So,... the figurative BBS ‘red carpet’ was partially rolled out more than five years ago with its introduction into the masses via pollenation from Breeder Steve’s beloved Shishkaberry. This created the first release of what has now become a three part release known worldwide as The Blue Satellites Series. The Second release (#2),was made by pollenating the BBS with a select Sweet Tooth Daddy. The Third (aka 2.2) and only remaining release in current circulation is a dynamite F2 of the second version. Breeder Steve’s delicious indica, The Sweet Pink Grapefruit, is what primarily sets the #2 and 2.2 apart from the #1.

ALL Pics Below are of the Blueberry Sativa
*Major credit goes to Kashgar for the photography.
**Thanks also to DJ, Red and Foe20.

Here are various quotes from BB Sativa Lovers:
Kashgar: Blueberry Sativa:
Quote:
The Blueberry Sativa was really a perfect example of the special deformated plants you can find into DJ's lines.
Jingle's: Blue Satellite #1:
Quote:
the flavour taste and high are amazing.
Kootenay: Blue Satellite 2.2:
Quote:
What can i say...?? She makes somes of the most tastey bubble a man could want....
XYZ: On Respecting DJ's Work:
Quote:
I would waste My life if i would try to make my own berry rather than buying from him.
DJ: Connecting the genetic dots:
Quote:
The highest probability of finding a BV individual would ideally (of course) be from the BV line (which will eventually be re-released). Other than that, the BBS (Blueberry Sativa) line would be the next best place to look.
DJ: Exhorting XYZ and Others:
Quote:
Now you need to find the amethyst/purple bulbous gland heads. Look for the purple line markings on mature calyx–at the base and tip of the calyx the purple lines converge (this convergence of purple lines may also be found on the undersides of certain mature bract leaves as well)–there is where you may find the elusive purple thrichs. Purple in the resin is a rare and good thing methinks. When the Blue Satellite bubble was made, the ice-water actually turned purple! And that was some of the best hash I’ve experienced in awhile.
Gentlemanfarmer's F13 - For comparing the Blue Sativas

Quote from Gentlemanfarmer:
Quote:
she has a fresh blossom smell and a exotic honey and rose oil flavor. The trichome's them selfs had a purple center vein and produced hash with a fair purple aspect if angled in the light. this was the first flowering of this F-13 (plant #07) around town she was being asked for by name, with her "day brightener X electric" style of HIGH
*********THANKYOU DJ SHORT, WE APPLAUDE YOUR DILIGENT WORK**********

______________________________ ______________________________ _________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAhQBbK-oM
Mr. Alkaline is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:14 PM #2

Okay, now I have to pop mine....

Awesome start, once again thank you Mr. Alkaline! Inspiring and informative. You are a grower's grower.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:22 PM #3
FOE20
Parthenocarpe Diem

FOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to behold
well done MrAlkaline
BlueBerry Sativa's are pure treasures indeed bro..The pics posted of Breeder Steves farm are compliments of SecretGarden and I just posted them cause they are outstanding and this is what I quest for..
The DJ strains stand out in any batch of BB runs..I dont care how good folks say other varieties are they just dont seem to pack to 2 main ingredients that DJ's do..both Flavor and Potency..
my fav keepers atm are a 3x bx of DJ orig BlueMoonshine circa 99-2k..Then latest grow of a SOL BlueSatellite v1 which carries a more Sat dom look but has a Afghani punch that keeps her on the not so friendly side..heheh
The smells I get here are a creamy blueberry..I mean if you took a handfull of fresh blueberries and crushed them and droppped it all in a bowl of heavy cream thats what my 3xBMoonshine finishes and cures out like..Its incredible..
The BlueSatv1 is similar in BBerry smell but it has a real strong earthy undertone to the curred bud and the Dank Afghani takes over in the smoke..The 3xBM yields every time but the BlueSat v1 seems to have that very low yield trait..Im doin a full grow of quite a few of DJ's varieties soon and will show more if I have something worthy..Im waiting for a great friend to finish his f.2's of some of DJ's old BlueBerry(96-99) and he had both great colors with a few deformations and mad Sat dom looking growth..These arnt pure BB sats tho but all these are dominated by DJ's genetics indeed in both Flavor and Potency..
I can look at great BlueBerry sats all day tho so please post those BlueMommas..
FOE20

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:22 PM #4
Red
Saving the Planet, One Seed At A Time

Red will become famous soon enoughRed will become famous soon enoughRed will become famous soon enough
Great thread(again)-you do the man great justice! Those pics of the Swiss greenhouse bring back great memories.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:26 PM #5
FOE20
Parthenocarpe Diem

FOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to beholdFOE20 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Those pics of the Swiss greenhouse bring back great memories.
hehe...thats exactly what Steve said...cheers
FOE20

Old 05-19-2007, 11:37 PM #6

awesome thread mr A. heres my bs, this pic won me cream of the crop on another forum. she certainly is the cream...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:07 AM #7
Diego

Diego will become famous soon enoughDiego will become famous soon enough
very nice, isnt that pic of the purple plant in the greenhouse a blue satelite from the before the backcross years. Reguardless this is a cool thread and very nice pics. Wish I had somee to put here, but may have some one day. Blueberry is a great plant. Makes me want to by a bunch of packs of them and just find a few good phenos and just grow that forever. Nobody ever dislikes blueberry in person, yet for some people talk shit about her when she isnt around. but as soon as she makes her rounds again, people kiss her ass and will do almost anything to get some to smoke,lol. Nice thread.
Diego is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:37 AM #8
DankU

DankU is on a distinguished road
THANKS ..

Organic plants are better for US all ...

DankU
DankU is offline Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 12:38 AM #9
Brain

That is one of the prettiest plants out there. I heard DJ was bringing it back in seed form.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:06 PM #10
Kashgar

Kashgar is on a distinguished road
MrA,
Please note that all Blueberry Sativa pics are not necessarely mines.
In fact, a lot of people from all over the world have had the luck to admire that mother and to take pictures...
Apparently, SecretGarden was one of them: the first four pics you posted were taken by him.
Andre Grossman( a HT photographer) also took some pics that I consider to be the best taken of that plant. The last 2 you posted are from him and you can better see them as well as some others in HT from Oct02, Breeding the Spice of Life by Kyle Kushman.
I think I remember TrichomeFarmer also took some...you should ask him.
I have more interesting SOL pics that I would like to post but I will have to dig up the films before, in order to scan them.
I m currently growing some BSat 1 from a cutting I selected from 30 seeds, will post pics in time.
Peace.

Last edited by Kashgar; 06-06-2007 at 02:11 PM..
Kashgar is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.