What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w ORGANIC C-25

I had another diary thread, but I let it die out, and in the process my growing got lazy :confused: In order to keep myself motivated and growing AAA bud again. I'm gona start up another and hope that I can get some tips and pointers from the other growers here and continue to improve my growing skills.

I'm growing in a Mills Pride C-25 cab with air cooled hood and 400w HPS from HTGsupply.com. Passive intake through a 8"x8" dark room lavour and a 4" Vortex fan pushing air into a Cannon carbon filter keep the cab no more than 5 deg above ambient.

Right now I have 5 plants in my cab. Most of them are still in the early stages of flowering. 2 NL#5's, 1 AK, an unknown Hawaiin Sativa, and my own cross that I have named 'Purple Bastard'.

(Left to Right) AK, Hawaiin, PB, & NL#5. The Other NL went into flower the day after this pic was taken.

Here are a couple closeups of the Purple since its the only one with actual buds right now, and one of my last decent NL harvest to remind me of what this cab can do...

Thanks dude!

I would really like some guidance with the sativa I have growing...
A friend brought back a small sack of buds from a recent trip to Hawaii. The buds were packed in coffee so they didn't smell or taste like anything but coffee really, but the high was amazing.
I've never tried to grow a strait up sativa so I'm a little nervous from all the stuff I've read about them being much pickier and harder to grow. I think I have a pretty good handle on the indica's when I actually put a little work into it. I'm ready to have some proper head stash, please help me :joint:

Alright my sativa is at 30 days of flower now. I have given her nutes twice since the 12/12 switch and she still looks like she's a little nute burned. I just don't get it... Her feedings have consisted of 1/4 strength PBP with LK, Cal-mag, micro-blast, and blackstrap. PH around 6.5

Any help from you indoor sativa growers would be greatly appreciated

It looks like a deficiency from the leaves that fell off while watering, but all of the little leaves up around the buds are almost all curled under. Is that a sign of nute burn or something that just kinda happens with sativa's?

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey man, nice clean setup. I'm not absolutely sure, but my sativa as well as a few other's I've seen all do the same thing. Not too sure if it's a lack of nitrogen or too much, but I would think if it was too much there would be some burning on the leaves, but there seems to be none.

Good luck with your grow man...

B/R

Scientist

It's pretty hard to burn with PBP bloom. If your saying 1/4 strength of 30mL (30mL = 2 tablespoons) I would work up to one tablespoon per gallon and beyond. She looks huunnnnnngry!! Don't giver any sorta Nitrogen blast - just a medium heavy dose of PBP bloom (I use LK as well in flowering at about 1-2 teaspoons per gal). Feed every other watering pref. when the soil is not too dry. for example, if it takes 3 days for a 3gal pot to dry out almost completely (plant is reeeal thirsty) after a nute+watering, i will water completely w/ plain water. and then assuming it will take another 3 days to dry out completely, i will go only 2 days and then nute+water time again. repeat.

Peace mang you got some fine lookin girlies

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya nomoreschwag :wave:
Do you give your girls CalMag+? Looks like they could use the "accelerated" dosage of 2 tsp / gal. If you don't have CalMag+, give them each a teaspoon of dolomite lime / gal, add veg nutes to a concentration you're comfortable with, and they should improve. If that works I'd keep up the dolomite lime each feeding for a few cycles.

Good luck, I think they will be fine. I love sativas!:canabis:

Thanks for all the replies and kind words everyone :joint:

Scientist Ya 30ml Full strength on the PBP. Whatever the bottle says is full strength is how i measure it for the additives.

Mr GreenJeans I just started useing Cal-mag. The last feeding they all got some but only a half strength of the regular feeding level (2.5ml). They were still lookin deprived tonight so they got the accelerated dosage (10ml).

I watered the sativa two days ago (when the pic was taken). I gave her strait water on that watering. She should need water again in 2-3 days. I'll give her a 1/2 strength dosage of nutes and see how it goes.

On my last grow my nutes got too hot and spoiled. Killing a couple plants along the way before I figured out what the culprit was. I have ordered all new nutes plus a couple new additives to try, but it has been really hard to feed any of them very hard after having it kill them not all that long ago...

I harvested the Purple Bastard tonight (the plant I figured out the nute thing with). I didn't write down when I set her to flower DAMNIT, but I've got a pretty good idea. I would guess her at about 7 weeks, 10-12 days sooner than my NL. Trichs were mostly cloudy with the first sign of amber here and there. She's not the heaviest yielder, but the colors are amazing and she has a nice frosting of resin and a pretty nice stank. I'm thinking she'll be worth keeping around for a while :wave:
Here she is tonight before I went at her with the scissors.

Minus the sativa, here's what left in the grow cab. The plants on the ends are NL about 2 weeks apart. And the middle plant is AK.

Last edited:

unknownone

Looks like overwatering to me maybe nomoreschwag. How often did you water her? I would doubt 1/4 strength PBP could burn her. I would give her a full feeding and let her dry out for like 5 days. Good luck.

unknownone I don't think that its over watering. If anything I'm bad about under watering my plants. According to my calender she gets water about every 5 days, which is about right IMO.

Here is what the cab looks like now that the Purple Bastard is hanging.

I gave all of my indicas a feeding at the last watering at 2/3 strength PBP (20ml/gal), 1/2 strength LK (5ml/gal) and accelerated of the Cal-mag (10ml/gal) and some blackstrap. The two NL's took it in stride and look like full strength will be where they are happy. The AK's leaves are curling in making a taco like shape. If I remember right this is a sign on over fert. Is that what this is?

Last edited:

hidingtree

yup what scientist said , usually when your leaves curl up its that they're praying for magnesium the cal mag could solve it . if the leaves curldown that 's usually a sign of overfert . keep up the use of the cal mag . may all be well .many blessings ,hidingtree

ps : don't over do the cal mag be patient . the organics in soil may take a bit to get the results you're after .... so take it slow .

Last edited:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
what was your watering schecule like before this all started happening? I have overwatered and nute burned at the same time.. lol.. It looked similar to whats goin on in yer garden.. The plant slowly starts turning that lighter green almost neon.. then they just stop growing and burn up.. And i remember someone saying i was drowning my plants. And i thought noooooo me? if anything i underwater but, that was not the case with me.. not saying you are really over watering.. Just something to reflect on.. good luck.. peace..

edit: ohh and i also nute burned my plants like a mofo. when i started cos id amend my soils with stuff bone meal, blood meal, earth worm castings, dolo lime, the soil itself all kinds of shit. Then, id give them liquid nutes on top of that and Shazam i was killing my plants with hot soil and more nutes even at 1/4 strength it was murder, death, killing my plants. so just a lil more to think about.. hope it helps some..

sack

Last edited:
J

JeffSpicoli

yea i had my leaves curling just like that, gave em some epsom salt (1tbsp/pergl) and within 2 days they were almost completely flat and healthy looking, after 4 days you couldnt even tell it ever looked like it

Thanks for the interest and replies everyone. I really appreciate the help and concern from my fellow growers.

So it sounds like its more than likely a MG def... It was weird. The plant was looking perfect and then I gave it nutes with a heavy dose of MG, and the leaves were curling the next day. Thats been about 3 days ago, and the curling has all but gone away with nothing done on my part to the plant since. I would like to have known exactly what caused this, but it looks like nature balanced itself out so I'm happy anyway :joint:

For the sativa... I followed your advise and she received a 1/2 strength shot of PBP along with the additives on her last watering. So far I don't see any ill affects on her. I haven't noticed a big improvement, but my experience tells me that most smart moves keep things going as they were and improve slowly. Its when you F*ck something up that the plant starts to immediately tell you she's not happy.
I'll try and get some new pics up tonight when the lights are on again.

I've got a question about feeding/watering for everyone. So please let me know what you think and how you do it :wave:

I judge when to water by the weight of the pot when its soaked compared to completely dry, which is typically about 4 days depending on the other conditions in the garden.

As for a feeding schedule I have gotten into the habit of feeding 2 waterings in a row then plain water on the third, repeat... The idea was to keep salt build up down by letting the plants use up any extra on that plain water cycle.
Lets say for simplicity reasons that I'm feeding at 30ml when I give nutes with the 2 on 1 off method. Would it be better to do it that way, or cut down the nutes to lets say 20ml and remove the plain waterings completely? I'm afraid this will lead to salt buildup, but at the same time it has to be a little stressing for the plant to not have regular feedings, and what if that lack of food 1/3 of the time is slowing growth... Or neither of these?? How do you guys do it :chin:

Last edited:
Update 5-15

Update 5-15

So I've got a couple new problems now...

My youngest NL is pounding along without any noticeable signs of anything being wrong, but for now she is the exception.

Here is the oldest NL. The picture kinda sucks, but you can see the leaf tip burn around the buds. The only thing that comes to mind is nute burn, but I have given this same pheno of NL considerably more nutes than this one has received at the same age with out this happening, so I'm a little lost...

And here is the AK. The plant from earlier with the taco leaves. That problem has pretty much gone away, but this is what she looks like now. Not horrible, but not a perfect specimen of health either.

As always, any suggestions on how to improve my grow are more than welcome :joint:

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey nomoreschwag, my schedule in flowering is as such. I fert/water, watering until it comes out the drainage holes. Next watering gets 1 tbsp molasses/liter of water. I alter these watering schedules. Every second week I'll put some epsom salts in with the molasses. I haven't had any trouble with salt buildup or deficiencies. I also introduce my blooming fert. a week before I switch the light cycle, it's only half rate. I then start to increase the rate week by week, as the buds get bigger the plant can handle more fert. Count on flushing for a good week even two. Hope this helps you out.

Take care...

B/R

B/R thanks for the heads-up on how you get your sh*t done :joint:

Something just isn't working out for me. My temps are in the mid to low 80's with lights on now that its getting hot outside. I know this is a problem, but I find it hard to believe it is the sole cause for my plants health, or lack there of...

Here's my little sativa.

She has lost all of her main fan leaves with only the bud leaves left for the most part. I don't know what to do about her. I just can't seem to make her happy. I'm afraid that I'll spend 90ish days on her and end up with crap. I was thinking about taking her outside, letting her reveg and hope for the best from her under the sun...

And the three indica dom girls.

The far left is the oldest of the NL. She has been dropping a fair amount of leaves lately and I'm not entirely sure why. Over all health of this one isn't anything special. One of the main colas is spiking a little, which I think is probably heat related.

Next is the AK. Also yellowing and dropping main fan leaves pretty early and fast.

And last is the healthiest of the bunch. Another NL... She is the same age as the AK, but not showing any of the problems that the other NL or AK are showing. I like her...