What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

“CannaCrisps” The Ultimate Crunchy-Munchy, for Diabetics Too !!

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran

Before I say anything else, please understand that this treat is fantastic for both the healthy recreational user, as well as those of us with Diabetes. However, if you are allergic to nuts or any other of the ingredients, make sure you adjust the recipe accordingly.

OK, that being said, here’s the story…. All credit for these goes to my wife of over 30 years. All I did was this write-up, and eat them. One of the things I miss the most being diabetic, is crunchy carb-filled snacks like crackers and chips. Knowing this, my wife set out on a path to find something I could enjoy that wouldn’t drive my blood-glucose numbers crazy. These CannaCrisps were the answer to my dreams, and I hope some of you will enjoy them as well. Four of these CannaCrisps only have a total of 1 Gram of Carbohydrates! So here we go…

There are only five ingredients in these, and the last one can be left off if you don’t want to get stoned. This recipe will make approximately 30 wafers, but you can adjust the amounts as needed. Here’s everything you’ll need.

2.5 Ounces Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Grated
2.5 Ounces Parmesan Cheese – Grated (Do not use pre-grated, it will not work!)
2 Ounces Walnuts – Coarsely Chopped
2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Thyme, or One Tablespoon Dried
1 Teaspoon Dry Sifted Kief (Adjust according to liking.)

You’ll also need the following.
A Cheese Grater (I loved the ones at Olive Garden, so I “borrowed” one)
Parchment Paper (This is a must. No non-stick trays.)
Paper Towels
Baking Sheet

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and set the rack at the middle level. These should be baked only one tray at a time.

Line two trays with Parchment Paper.

Grate the cheeses and combine them in a small bowl. Mix well, but do not destroy the texture.

Drop the cheese mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the lined baking sheets. Leave about an inch between them. Slightly flatten the cheese mixture with the back of a spoon.

Sprinkle the top of each cheese circle with a little of the walnuts, thyme, and kief.

Bake one sheet at a time for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the crisps are thoroughly bubbling and the edges are golden brown.

Let them stand for a few minutes then slide off the parchment and onto paper towels.

Reuse the parchment for the next batch.

Store at room temperature, layered with the same parchment, and serve at room temp as well.

When reading this it seems like a lot of steps. However the entire process is about 10 minutes from start to finish. (Not including veg and flower time for kief)

Edit 6/4/07: Here's a bit of additional info we found out that should help a bit... I thought we were loosing a bit of strength in the cooking process. When I mentioned it to my wife, she initially said " shut up and be glad I slave over a hot stove for you" OK, she was only kidding. She tried to mix the kief into the cheese mixture a bit and that seemed to help. Now she sprinkles it on just a minute or so before she takes them out and they are recognizably stronger. It seems that some of the resin was being vaporized in the cooking process. Hope this helps.

ENJOY! PD

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
So it's a cheesy/nutty chip? That gets you high? Sounds interesting... my girlfriend thinks they look and sound gross, but I bet they'd taste pretty good. I'll have to add this to my list of things to make. Thanks!

sugabear_II

Veteran
looks yummy pipedream - I already know how tasty parm crisps can be - add kief and how can you go wrong?

-suga

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
can this knock me out? or just depends on how much kief one uses? nice recipe thanx for sharing with us.. peace..

sack

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
is the time at 400 short enough not to vaporize the goodies? i thought thc vaped at like 307-312 degrees fahrenheit
i know you say they work but do you think theres any loss? whats the chance of lowering the cooking temp

G

Those sound delicious. I'm going to make some this weekend. I have access to really good cheese, it's an hour away but they have amazing cheese

Pipedream

Veteran
Papulz - Good point !!! I thought we were loosing a bit of strength in the cooking process. When I mentioned it to my wife, she initially said " shut up and be glad I slave over a hot stove for you" OK, she was only kidding. She tried to mix the kief into the cheese mixture a bit and that seemed to help. Now she sprinkles it on just a minute or two before she takes them out and they are recognizably stronger.

I'll go back and add this info as an "edit" to the original post. Thanks!

Pipedream

Veteran
I generally eat two of them wait 30 minutes and evaluate how I feel then add more as needed. If I'm having a bad pain day, about one additional wafer every hour and a half to two hours keeps me quite comfortable.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
awesome man, i didnt want to nitpick a kickass idea but also didnt want anyone to lose out on any hard earned goodies either.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome treat, being a diabetic myself I'll give them a try next week.......

I agree with you & your wife & my last post was one in which I mentioned that the 375F degree oven cooks off the resins while making brownies, try buying or borrowing your kids "Kenners Easy Bake Oven", low temps mean no resins cooking off.......