What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What bag makes the best bubble?

G

Everyone here likes the 73 overall. Its good but I like smoking the 40 and 25 just as well. Bubbleman himself says he prefers the 90. I thought the lower the number the stronger the bubble. I prefer a heavy indica stoned feeling. I just wanted some input so I can make different highs for different times. :chin:

ilife

104um

104um

My favorite is the 104um bag when working with Yumboldt material. Super flavor in that one!!!

iLiFE

G

Generally I like the 73 range bag the best, but I haven't tried some out of a 90 yet so I think that one would be even better.

DoobyYooby

73µ - 120µ range trichomes are the sweet-spot. Using a 90µ bag will change the makeup of your 73µ. Depending on the strain, sometimes 73µ-90µ provides better yield and potency and other times the 90µ will be the sweet spot, when you're separating that closely it really depends on what kind of herb your using and what the average size for a mature trichome is with that particular strain. Advice .... Get a microscope, measure it out and choose your bags accordingly.

As for the smaller meshes below, there might be immature trichomes in there and smaller debris that would just fall straight thru your 73µ which is why it isn't preferred. But some hybrids will produce trichomes of varying sizes; large and small expressing both parents. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong bubbleman) that sativas produce smaller trichomes than indicas so that stone dominant high you're looking for is further up top.

Last edited:
R

randude

Is there a list of trichome sizes for the various popular hybrids?
I am growing Big Bud and if that information is already avaible it will save me the time and possible inexperience mistakes of my own measure. Maybe that would be a good thread in it's own. The size of trichomes and the bags that make the best hash of each.

ilife

Trichoscope

Trichoscope

You can buy a hand held microscope with Micron dimension lines. We call it the "Trichoscope".

iLiFE

G

DoobyYooby said:
73µ - 120µ range trichomes are the sweet-spot. Using a 90µ bag will change the makeup of your 73µ. Depending on the strain, sometimes 73µ-90µ provides better yield and potency and other times the 90µ will be the sweet spot, when you're separating that closely it really depends on what kind of herb your using and what the average size for a mature trichome is with that particular strain. Advice .... Get a microscope, measure it out and choose your bags accordingly.

As for the smaller meshes below, there might be immature trichomes in there and smaller debris that would just fall straight thru your 73µ which is why it isn't preferred. But some hybrids will produce trichomes of varying sizes; large and small expressing both parents. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong bubbleman) that sativas produce smaller trichomes than indicas so that stone dominant high you're looking for is further up top.

Thanx man. I also just heard that only indicas can produce blonde hash. Is this true?

Latest posts

Latest posts