What's new

Germinating stubborn seeds

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Most fresh seeds tend to pop after 2 or 3 days although there are the exceptions.(the F2 neville's I grew out took 5 to 7 days in perfect conditions.)After 2 or 3 days wet and nothing happening,you can take the seed between your pointer finger (index)and thumb with the sharp edge of the seed facing you(the two seed halves come together and form a rounded edge and a shaper edge),you take your thumbnail and gently apply pressure to the sharp edge of the seed.It will start to pop the two halves open,especially after soaking in moisture for a few days.You will be surprized at how little pressure is needed to make the two halves crack open a little.By doing this you allow moisture to enter the inside of the seed and this will help it to swell and break free.
I have had 100% germ rates on several occasions using this method with the last few stubborn seeds.The most recent being the Super Silver Haze I just started.There were 4 of these that were slow and I helped them along with this technique.

You can always practice with bag seed to see how easy it actually is.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Take care.......................CC:)

HOT CARGO

The Best Is Yet To Come
Veteran
sounds good Capt. Crip

usually if i dont see the seed open after five days i toss them out. gona try your way next time if i got a problem.

peace

:D

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
someone wanted this,,now where are you friend..................

someone wanted this,,now where are you friend..................

Thanks Capt.!

It was me that was bugging you for this tip. Quite a fucking brilliant trade secret to share with the rest of us. Most gracious fo you and very much appreciated by all. This will go a long way if protecting/maximizing my investment. Thank you!

T

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bump:

I'm gonna try this on some stubborn Afgooey x Silver haze beans.

They're not even old, they are beautiful seeds too. I just gently cracked a few of them between my thumb and forefinger to see if that works.

Idk why they're so damn stubborn.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That worked really well. I cracked them and the radicals emerged within a couple hours. The shell on these seeds seems extra thick or something.

Latest posts

Latest posts