What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash extraction effectiveness?

gzzmo

hi there!
i remember that someone said that when doing the bubblebag procedure, what you are left with isn't worth being extracted again.
now i was wondering about that, as i don't quite believe all the thc is in glandular form. what do you think am i left with inside/on the plant matter after stirring vigorously for half an hour as recommended? sure i can make cannabutter out of the remains anyway, yet i'd certainly prefer to use the most effective method in the first place...unless bho extraction is only slightly better than bubble - then i'd go for bubble just for the taste!

Last edited:

gzzmo

half an hour was just meant to be an example. i think i remember bubbleman recommending some 20 mins max...the question about the effectiveness seems to be connected to (besides other things of course) the time/intensity of stirring, but certainly not beyond a certain point, i can see that... ;)

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Do they realy get out all of the trichs? Whats the most cost/time/yiled effective method of extraction?

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have made bubble a few times. Each time i have used what was leftover for butter. 2/3 times it made some decent edibles that definitely gave you a buzz. that is my take on this one. if you want to know anything else, just ask. peace and smoke to you.

gzzmo

thanks for that!
so that there is some left over thc makes sense. would be interesting to hear if anyone ever butane-extracted the stuff which would give a good figure percentage wise of what's left.

R00KIE

I always pass my bubble material twice, 2 good runs and toss it all out..
I have done a third run but the time involved and the return were not worth it...
Also to get the last of it out with bho, you would have to dry everything out, after bubbling, and do a run...
Butter seems like a good option to me...

G

This is how bubble

This is what works best for me and I get full melt everytime. I also only do one run, as I get it all the first time around :joint:

Also I've never tried to make cannabutter out of it, but I don't like eating or vaping, only smoking.

Last edited:
C

Chamba

the reason you think that all the THC is not in a glandular form (resin heads, oil encased in a thin waxy membrane) is because some the resin heads have been ruptured and smudged against the plant material...ice hash bags won't get all those trics, but cooking it into cannabutter will

i suggest you take better care when growing, harvesting, handling, drying, touching and moving your plants/buds to minimise this smudging and other trichome loss

(keep in mind that gram per gram, trichomes are worth a lot more than gold....damn..in some countries, top bud sells for more than gold! madness!)

my suggestion is to either dry sift the material or ice hash it lightly (one run) then cannabutter it

or ice hash the material with two runs and then compost it (though depending on the technique and material quality and amount used..it can be worthwhile doing a third run through the bags)

check yourself a 20x or 30x magnifying glass with inbuilt illumination..this will tell you if there are anything worthwhile left on the material...whether dry sifting or ice hashing...a magnifying glass is the hasher's friend

Last edited:

Pactivist

click the link in my sig line. I do not use water to make hash, but I do put all remains from my dry scuff through my BHO tube. the results are quite impressive. Water hash to me has a funny taste that I am not fond of, tastes like water cured buds to me, bleechhh. I imagine that you could run bubble hash remains through a BHO tube but it would have to be very dry first or the butane will freeze the tube solid.
peAce,
pacT

juggo

hey,

i use the 1 gal kit.add the water,then a layer of ice,then the trim,then another layer of ice,then put it all in the freezer for about 30 mins,then mix it with a big metal spoon with holes in it maybe 10 mins,great stuff! bubble on my people!

peace,
juggo

Latest posts

Latest posts