What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella is going to the Ball...C99 FMS

cobo

I’m about to start my 3rd grow. I have upgraded from my closet to a XL (1.2m X 1.2m) Homebox and will be getting a 600w digital hps light in next week or 2. I have a 5’ fan and carbon scrubber , which will be outside the tent as I want to pull the air from the room to help cool it.

I have 9 clones going at the moment (1 has rooted) and waiting on the rest of them.

I have a 4 bucket(15L) flood and drain hydro system which I used for my first 2 grows, and a 3 plant NFT table which I bought when I was starting but never used, but looks easy enough to use.

Is there anything I will need to now about NFT or is it basically the same as flood and drain. i.e. Nutes same? I’m sure I’ll find my around it.

I will be using House & Garden A & B grow and flower nutes, they are what I started with and can not complain, the A&B grow has to be ph adjusted every few days, but the A&B Flower seems to stabilize at about 6.1 so I just leave it alone at that .

My clones are FFS C99 , same as last grow (great smoke :joint: ) so hoping to grow 7 of them in the 2 systems .

Here are some questions …

Q.1...what’s the best way to increase the yield i.e., grow 7 trees or a Scrog or what?

Q.2... is 600w digital light enough for my space ?

I have 2 200w Enviros and was thinking of using 1 of them in addition to 600w or would I be better getting 1 400w’s or 1 1000w . I’m thinking of electricity cost too as electricity in UK is going through the roof at moment ?

My Homebox

My System's

Carbon Scrubber and Fan

My Babies

Last edited:
G

A 600w in that box... oh yea, that should be ample. I'd probably go more with a 400w just to save on the heating issues but a 600 will of course give ya better light penetration.

As for the best to increase yeild.... I'd have to say light. :) Other methods such as FIM'ng, supercropping can also be implemented to help. But most yield increasing methods are really just trying to help with one thing: Giving the ladies more light area. So go with a 600w if your ambient temps are low enough to keep things in check and enjoy!

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
A 600w will be fine for that space...you could even go with a 1000w if you're feeling adventurous ;)

How is that Homebox working out for you? Did you manage to find any suppliers in the UK that sell the Hydrohut?

I've also got some C99 growing at the moment, 11 days into 12/12. Can't wait to smoke them.

Also, what happened to your clones man!? Looks like you went scissor happy on them little ladies :eek:

cobo

:woohoo:
Gangabiss said:
A 600w will be fine for that space...you could even go with a 1000w if you're feeling adventurous ;)

How is that Homebox working out for you? Did you manage to find any suppliers in the UK that sell the Hydrohut?

I've also got some C99 growing at the moment, 11 days into 12/12. Can't wait to smoke them.

Also, what happened to your clones man!? Looks like you went scissor happy on them little ladies :eek:

Yea found a supplier for Hydrohut , but i got the Homebox for 100 pound sterling , read my grow tent thread . best price any where in europe, so went with that. Happy as a pig in shite with it , but saying that i dont have system up and running in it yet ,but have it and more than happy with it .

My last grow was C99 and was a great smoke , thats why im growing it again.

My clones ! went away over night and came home and 5 have rooted so far :woohoo:
Yea i did go sissor happy , but clones do better if you trim leafs,

I was thinking about 1000w light but i dont have a aircooled reflector so might stick with a 600w hps :confused:

Last edited:

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Could you give me the link to the website you found the hydrohut? I've looked all over and all I can find are the Budbox and Homebox.

You're correct clones do better without lots of leaves on them, but I think you went a bit far by trimming the ends of the remaining leaves to be honest lol :D
As long as you trim the lower offsoots and leaves and you leave 1 or 2 nodes at the top you'll be just fine.

Yea good call with the 600w. Without an air cooled reflector there's no way you'd be able to have a 1000w in there.

Looks you have a good setup ready to rock.

G

I say scrog 7 trees.. if you can get that perfect canopy you should be on par with a gram a watt =]

Hi Cobo, :wave:

The 600 watt will give you 37.5 watts per sq ft. which is fine. A 1000 watter will give you more light per sq ft.(62.5 watts per sq. ft.), but more heat also.

I personally use a 600 watt HPS in my Homebox XL and it works great. I use a portable air conditioner and my temps are around 75-80 with the lights on. I will be doing a scrog in my Homebox with my next grow to maximize my yield in a couple months.

Good Luck,
Johnny
:joint:

cobo

Gangabiss said:
Could you give me the link to the website you found the hydrohut? I've looked all over and all I can find are the Budbox and Homebox.

I cant remember where i seen it , i think it was a french shopand was around 280 Euro which is expensive , dont know if link is in my grow tent thread .

but for the price you should go with homebox 100 pound sterling , you wont find tht price anywhere else .

Indica Sativa said:
I say scrog 7 trees.. if you can get that perfect canopy you should be on par with a gram a watt =]

thx man :wave:

Johnny Chimpo said:

The 600 watt will give you 37.5 watts per sq ft. which is fine. A 1000 watter will give you more light per sq ft.(62.5 watts per sq. ft.), but more heat also.

I personally use a 600 watt HPS in my Homebox XL and it works great. I use a portable air conditioner and my temps are around 75-80 with the lights on. I will be doing a scrog in my Homebox with my next grow to maximize my yield in a couple months.

Good Luck,
Johnny
thx johnny :woohoo:

Klutter said:
A 600w in that box... oh yea, that should be ample. I'd probably go more with a 400w just to save on the heating issues but a 600 will of course give ya better light penetration.

As for the best to increase yeild.... I'd have to say light. :) Other methods such as FIM'ng, supercropping can also be implemented to help. But most yield increasing methods are really just trying to help with one thing: Giving the ladies more light area. So go with a 600w if your ambient temps are low enough to keep things in check and enjoy!
:wave: Klutter thx

Last edited:

cobo

5 of my clones have rooted , and will give them another day before putting them in rockwool cubes, have 4 more clones waithing to root but then i did take them 3 days after the the ones that have rooted

As for cutting leafs back, dont know where i seen it before , but i did see it , think it was on video "I Grow Chronic" , think it said that if you clip back leafs the clone directs all it energy to growing roots . Well it has always worked for me anyway. :kissass:

Last edited:
N

Neptune

you will do fine with those 4 buckets, I can see an easy 3-4 oz per plant if you take the proper steps.

veg them 2 weeks and top them, veg a few more weeks while using some LST techniques -- no rope or bondage is necessary, just bend the upward branches out and away. make a bush, keep bending them each day... after a few weeks of bending and vegging, flip to bloom while continueing to bend out twords the walls.

Foliar sprays during lights off (do not spray the bulb) will also benefit you and save you time in veg, i recomend kelp products.

cobo

Thx Neptune :wave:

im going to use the nft table i have too . so will be growing 7 plants , but will do what you said there will be plenty of room . is that super cropping ?

My 3 Plant NFT System

Last edited:

cobo

Johnny Chimpo said:

Good Luck,
Johnny

how many plant do u have in ur homebox ?

was thinking about a scrog as well , but i will try growing 7 trees for moment and super cropping them

cobo

Here’s a quick update .I transplanted 3 more clones to Rockwood tonight, and was waiting on last one to root. But while taking theses pictures I dropped the last one and the fucking thing snapped, broke completely off. Fuck!

Anyway I now have 8 clones in Rockwood cubes; the first 5 have rooted through the Rockwood and could nearly go in to Hydro system now. But as I stand at moment, I need and electrician to put in new circuit for my 600w Digital light, (which I’ve still to get), so come Monday morning I will be out to get both. I know electrician down the road from me seems cool but will tell him I need it in spare bedroom as I’m turning it in to my office and will be using high usage computers. He he he, well that’s what a electrician friend of mine told me to say, he says people do it all the time so as there office equipment doesn’t get fucked up. Before you ask, my mate lives to far away from me to do it him self

The first 5 clones doing well and nearly ready

Here's the 3 I transplanted tonight

You can see the difference , first 5 are on right hand side

Fuck! I killed this one trying to take its picture

All doing well together

Last edited:

Tokabowl

Hey cobo

Sad to hear about the clone, always a bitch when something like that happens, reminds me of when i snapped the top off the GF a couple of weeks back :badday:
Anyways with the number of plants you have, you shouldnt really notice the difference with a bit more veg time :joint:

Have fun with the homebox, im sure youll get some monster yields in that space,
keep the updates coming and good luck with the rest of the grow

:lurk:

cobo

Tokabowl said:
Hey cobo

Sad to hear about the clone, always a bitch when something like that happens, reminds me of when i snapped the top off the GF a couple of weeks back :badday:
Anyways with the number of plants you have, you shouldnt really notice the difference with a bit more veg time :joint:

Have fun with the homebox, im sure youll get some monster yields in that space,
keep the updates coming and good luck with the rest of the grow

NO IT WONT , I only need 7 of them , just took a couple extra in case some didnt take or i dropped one of them like i did.. surw i might put 2 of them in one bucket plenty of room.

Tokabowl

bump.gif

Hi cobo hows it goin?
The clones doing ok? Hows the homebox workin out for ya?
Keep it growin m8

Peace

cobo

How's it going! Fucking slowly. My clones have been ready for nearly a week. Electrician was supposed to come last night to put in a clean line to fuse box, and never arrived. I had to take down my Homebox, as I didn’t want him to see it, told him I need clean supply line for my pc. Went in yesterday to buy the 600w digital ballast and light and all I need, contractor and such, but shop only had 400w and 1000w systems, so he ordered me the 600w, I have a mate who owes me a favor in the shop and he’s giving me the lot for £85 cost price and no vat. Which is great.
Good thing about grow tents, there easy to put up and take down. I will go see the electrician tonight and see what story is, hopefully I will be up and running on Monday. Will keep my thread up to date from then on, not much point now, when there is no progress to tell.

My Clones

And ROOTS

My Homebox .... He He He

cobo

Not a lot to report here. I gave up on first Electrician and got another one, but now cant contact him either, really doing my head in .My clones have been ready well over a week. They started to get to big for the propagator so I took the cover off. As soon as I get the electrics done I can get down to some serious growing. Went in last week to get a 600w digital light and they had now in stock and they told me they would order it for me and have it today (mon) but when I rang they forgot to order it. I’ll use my Enviros to Veg until I get it. But like I said cant do shit until I get electrics sorted out.

Here’s My Clones begging to be put under lights

And here's Mom, growing very slowly, just the way i want it.