You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Show It! > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Romulan

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seed Boutique
 Romulan Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
Trich watcher

Trich watcher will become famous soon enoughTrich watcher will become famous soon enough
Romulan

There are several sources of seeds and clones of Romulan. I'm grateful to a kind Canadian friend for these seeds, which are Romulan Joe's, from Federation. I have a number of strains going, and only germed four seeds, ending in two girls, same phenotype - a definite keeper for my mother garden.

This is a very photogenic plant, with a unique and wonderful scent of pines. It smells like a fresh Christmas tree. I plan to have a lot of it in flower this year around Christmas.

These were harvested at 10 weeks of flower, with just the beginnings of amber trichs showing up. I like an up, electric Sativa buzz, and was advised that it is best to harvest this early. If you wait, it becomes very narcotic. I may try that later on, but for my first harvest of this strain, I harvested when the trichs are 80% more or less, milky-colored, and a few amber trichs just starting to develop.

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words, so before I describe the smoke and buzz in more detail, here are a few glimpes along the way.

mmmmm....

Now about the smoke and high. It smells so good that I couldn't wait for a proper cure and started smoking this after it was barely in the jar.... I believe the taste and buzz will deepen beautifully with curing, but it's all there to begin with. The smell carries over nicely into the taste of the smoke. Really puts me in the holiday spirit.

The buzz is a very clear, sativa type high, however, it has a lot more body component to it than I was expecting. It's comfortable but not physically debilitating. It's very strong too. I'm a chronic smoker (a couple oz a month more or less), but the Romulan comes on strong and fast. After one bowl, my body is tingling all over, and I have a sense of floating, centered in the head. There is a bit of single-minded focus with this, but not confusing. Time seems suspended, curvy, wavy, totally cool, fleeting and changing... My third eye is vibrating strong. ha, ha. This is a stimulus to thought, but not paranoid (however, I smoke a lot of sats - and almost nothing makes me paranoid), but its great for body aches and pains too. I'm loving it!

I am a sativa lover, and some of the favorite staples in my garden are Kali Mist, Island Sweet Skunk, New York City Diesel, Mother's Finest... Romulan is definitely in the same class as these fine strains. I especially love the taste and smell. But the high has the best of both worlds too, at least with my early harvest: it's a wonderful soaring, very potent sativa high centered in the head, but with quite a bit of body component to it, more so than KM, ISS, NYCD, or my pheno of MF.

There are a few other pics in my gallery, if you want to see more.

Hope this was informative. Stay tuned in a couple weeks for another report on Grape Krush, by DJ Short, another mouth-watering winner, for sure.

May all your garden's flourish!

Last edited by Trich watcher; 03-10-2007 at 06:11 AM..
Trich watcher jest offline   Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
order 66

order 66 will become famous soon enough
nice report
order 66 jest offline   Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 AM   #3
Marcellas

Marcellas is a splendid one to beholdMarcellas is a splendid one to beholdMarcellas is a splendid one to beholdMarcellas is a splendid one to beholdMarcellas is a splendid one to beholdMarcellas is a splendid one to behold
wowww looks amazing, bet it stinks and gets ya stoned!! lots chrystals id love to try that shit.. ive heard some great things about romulan!! nice job

Old 03-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
hansel
Lost In The Forest

hansel has a spectacular aura abouthansel has a spectacular aura abouthansel has a spectacular aura about
Great photos and report. Makes me want to try Romulan too.

hansel jest offline   Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
chefboy6969
OverGrow Refugee

chefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant futurechefboy6969 has a brilliant future
wow great report just a bit confused i know you said you picked it early so that it was a clear high but from what i recall of romulan that it is a very strong narcotic buzz at least what i have smoked here in BC..
anyways thanks for your report
peace
Chefboy
chefboy6969 jest offline   Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #6

Very nice pics man. I have some Rom coming from seedbay rightnow, can't wait to try it.I've never heard a negative thing about Romulan!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
Gangabiss
free your SELF

Gangabiss is a glorious beacon of lightGangabiss is a glorious beacon of lightGangabiss is a glorious beacon of lightGangabiss is a glorious beacon of lightGangabiss is a glorious beacon of lightGangabiss is a glorious beacon of light
Nice report man, thanks.

I'm also a little confuzzled...I thought it was mainly an indica strain with a body-numbing stone?

Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet. And I am you and what I see is me

Gangabiss jest offline   Quote

Old 03-11-2007, 03:09 AM   #8
Trich watcher

Trich watcher will become famous soon enoughTrich watcher will become famous soon enough
There are several versions of it. If I let mine go much longer, it would definitely have a strong narcotic punch, but I prefer to take it before that, as I do a lot of day-time smoking and don't want to be sleepy all day. Good luck with those seeds Witch King. I can't imagine you would be disappointed. This is definitely connosseur stash - I'm not sure of the parentage, though.
Trich watcher jest offline   Quote

Old 03-11-2007, 03:32 AM   #9
TimewarP

TimewarP is on a distinguished road
its funny that all these years later theres still no stable romulan. back in 96 when joe was first giving out seeds hed always warn us they were a little tricky. looks kindof unimpressive till you pull out the scope and roll one up.
nice pix and nice description of effect. the sat high is more apparent in the early harvest. take off the tops and let the smaller lower stuff get bigger. then sit down for the darker more mature trichs.. excellent hash
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchKing
I've never heard a negative thing about Romulan!!!
its not for cash croppers.. wait.. thats still not negative!
TimewarP jest offline   Quote

Old 03-19-2007, 06:15 AM   #10

federation still have romulan available??.
buddy of mine grew it back in the day and it was quite impressive looking.
the stems were purple...
is this a common trait for rom?

also lookin for the sweet skunk.

still out there?

Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 AM   #11
killa-bud

killa-bud is a splendid one to beholdkilla-bud is a splendid one to beholdkilla-bud is a splendid one to beholdkilla-bud is a splendid one to beholdkilla-bud is a splendid one to beholdkilla-bud is a splendid one to beholdkilla-bud is a splendid one to behold
federation? romulan? star trek fan? haha

nice report nice pic's to,i've been wanting to try rom
killa-bud jest offline   Quote

Old 03-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #12
nick11

nick11 will become famous soon enough
mmm that Romulan looks so tasty, I have always been interested in Feds stuff just never got around to buying any. Might have to get some off Seedbay at some point. Let us know how it is in a couple weeks. Nice grow
nick11 jest offline   Quote

Old 03-21-2007, 01:37 AM   #13
FlyvAgaric

FlyvAgaric is on a distinguished road
That plant looks pretty good man. Im growing some Romulan myself right now.

Its only about 3 weeks into flowering right now (and just a little bigger than that pic) I hope it turns out anywhere near what yours looked like.
FlyvAgaric jest offline   Quote

Old 03-21-2007, 01:39 AM   #14
FlyvAgaric

FlyvAgaric is on a distinguished road
Ps. I know what your talking about when you say "like a fresh christmas tree" I love just sticking my face in the plant and getting a good whiff of that mellow smell.
FlyvAgaric jest offline   Quote

Old 03-21-2007, 06:36 AM   #15
gratefuldawg

Definately wanta try both the Romulan, and the Island Sweet Skunk. Looks dank...I like the sativa high too, but don't mind having a knock out around the house..