What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MASSIVE INDOOR COMMERCIAL GROW

jojajico

Veteran
this is a theoretical question. that is all, just something i may be considering down the road. if u had a massive inside grow... i mean massive 5000+ plants what would be the most effecient way to maxamize available space and eventual yeild. SOG? tree? some type of teir system?

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
jojajico said:
this is a theoretical question. that is all, just something i may be considering down the road. if u had a massive inside grow... i mean massive 5000+ plants what would be the most effecient way to maxamize available space and eventual yeild. SOG? tree? some type of teir system?

Im not sure how you pull off 5000+ trees so I think given your 5000+ figure that would require SOG with little veg. Not really any other way to do those numbers IMHO.

NorCal

Veteran
youd def. need a dedicated mother/veg area to take all those cuts and consistently have em on hand. youd need a huge area/warehouse to
partition rooms into how often you want yields (every two weeks, monthly,bi-monthly) to do a perpetual harvest. then put however many lights in each room to try to correspond w/ the yield. so if you wanted 5 lbs every month youd need about 4-5k in each partitioned room. Setup everything automated, probably flood and drain would be easiest once dialed. no veg time, most people throw em straight into flower once the cuts show roots. electricity would be a the biggest thing to cover up as i dont know how you can get past that w/o stealing which isnt cool. im definitely sure that sort of thing is something most people must work their way up to, whether its dialing in the right system to actually knowing how to grow everyhting to actually constructing everything and then choosing all the products youd want to use and make sure they work properly for what youd need em for. then being able to find the right people to do the work/construction and knowing what to tell em your doing etcc....just so much variables involved in that sort of op id think its hard to pull off properly w/o arousing suspicion. whos gonna trim it all? your friends? or atleast your supposed friends? there was an article once where k from trichome technologies (baddest fuckin growroom ever)
was talking about how he had a crane come out and shut the whole street down to install the $35000 exhaust/ventilation system, they asked him what the hell he told the people and he said he was simply making a welding/fabrication shop and wanted to be able to change the temps/humidity w/ a touch of a button. that guy has some balls..... hes also been growing forever as he seems to know lots about all sort of systems since hes tried most all of em....yeah, you just really need to know how to handle the situation and get everything done like clockwork. even just going to the hydro store to buy all that shit would be crazy!!!

Kush King

5000 plants is a forsure drip system would flood the place a few times befor getting it all correct. but with the right expreince/money/place/BALLS/workers

can be done. but at that scale and money needed it wouldnt be worth it. you could set up 10. 20 light houses for that much.. but then agaIN y

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
100 7' Trees would definitely be ALOT easier to deal with than 5000 SOG'd plants...hell you'd be looking at keeping 100+ mothers to deliver those numbers of clones on a regular basis.

All of the purely commercial setups I've seen (12k and smaller) were based on bucket setups...you can get alot of plant in a 5 gallon bucket :wink: Give em a 1 month veg and a quality pheno and you're looking a 2lbs per tree with 1k over each of em. Plus with trees, you could actually have a possibility of staying under the 100 plant ceiling that brings MUCH harsher penalties.

lord_preston

Duma Tables with Drippers on Cogr or Rockwool drain to waste. 15 to 20 plants per m2 (so in your case 250m2), 600W per m2. Cost about 130 000 € with Motherroom an vegroom and everithing else you need.
With good genetics you can espect 150 Kilo Yeild.

5000 plants doesnt state the size of the grow. the best question would be, how many 1kw's would you want to run?

and for power. if your using commercial property there is no problem with the electricity. if your using a residential estate. what i would do is look for a property with multiple buildings, or a farm, my last home had a powered, barn, slaughter house, and cabin all fed from the same electric meter as the home i lived in and grew in. so i felt running 12kw wasnt a problem. and it wasnt........so far =]

i had dreams of going bigger. buying a huge plot of land like 200 acres and putting up a pole barn. with its own 200 amp panel, and running a huge flop. like 25 kw flop. so 50 1kw lights. and just supplement the power with a genset 1-2 days per week.

jonsmith

5000? be ready for a big investment in lights and venalation. costly grow rooms can be dangerous from money to trust in people you work with. loose lips sink ships! be ready for a big commitment bro! Good luck!

jojajico

Veteran
let me make it clear that im not doing this right now or anytime soon its just a hypothetical. so please no pms asking me about my 5000 plant grow lol.

New Holland

I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. I'd have 5 x 1000 plant grows set up in different locations. Work in growroom A on Monday, then Growroom B Tuesday and Growroom C on Wednesday etc. Set one room up at a time, then move on to the next.

This way if you get busted, they're only gonna find 1/5th of your total crop. Or if someone clues on to one of your growrooms you can just pack it up and keep working in the other 4. And restart the in another area.

jojajico

Veteran
New Holland said:
I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. I'd have 5 x 1000 plant grows set up in different locations. Work in growroom A on Monday, then Growroom B Tuesday and Growroom C on Wednesday etc. Set one room up at a time, then move on to the next.

This way if you get busted, they're only gonna find 1/5th of your total crop. Or if someone clues on to one of your growrooms you can just pack it up and keep working in the other 4. And restart the in another area.
thats what im leaning towards as if i go the commercial route. start slow and work my way up. so please dont think im some dumb ass noob with an assload of money. like i said b4 just a question for discussion. im still trying to figure out what method of growing would be best. i know i want a SOG type setup (ie fast turn around) im considering doing this in a vertical system. but again just thinking considering hypothesizing.

icdog

>All of the purely commercial setups I've seen (12k and smaller) were based on bucket setups...you can get alot of plant in a 5 gallon bucket Give em a 1 month veg and a quality pheno and you're looking a 2lbs per tree with 1k over each of em. Plus with trees, you could actually have a possibility of staying under the 100 plant ceiling that brings MUCH harsher penalties.

Sandman could you expand on this please?

Great topic jojajico. Sog is good but the plant count is huge. A 5000 plant setup is 78 - 4 x 4 tables flowering. If you ran them perpetual you should have approx. 3 times that many total plants going, clones, ready to flower, etc.
This sog at 1g/w is slightly more then 2lbs per 1k. At 1.5g/w its 3 lbs. Co2 would vary these. Good numbers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but if what Sandman said is accurate then if one plant is veg'd for a month and flowered under 1k and produces similar to a high plant count sog that is a hell of alot less work.
The bucket setup should have other issues, height, do the plants need to be braced as they grow, one plant might die, etc.

Could somebody with bucket experience please comment.

What will a bucket plant yield, veg'd for a month under what light, flowered under a 1k? Say a Chronic type strain.
How much space is needed for vegging? Can they be close together such as 4 per veg light?

Last edited:

jojajico

Veteran
im not to concerned about the high plant number (legal wise) as even if i was doing trees i would probably go over the 100 plant mark. im trying to find th emost effecient way to produce commercially indoors so grams/watt hour/meter^3. the higher that number the better ur doing.

i dont have much experience with buckets but sounds interesting def. somethign i want to play around with for a grow or two.

Latest posts

Latest posts