What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying times for bubble

G

Hello, I have just completed some pretty successful runs (at least on the quality side of things) and was wondering how i know if my bubble is completly dried. When making my hash i did 2 gentle runs mixing with a spoon in the 1 gallon 8 bag kit. I chopped everything up over cardboard but the 73u is so sticky it wont break up into powder, only small chunks. The hash has been sitting in 40% humidity with 55 degree F temps for 2 days. what will show me it is ready?

thanks,
thumb

G

2 days is plenty of time for you to try her out, just like herb hash gets better with a cure, but right now its surely dry enough to toke on

G

pressing is over rated, but its best to let it sit out a week or so before pressing imho, you just want to make sure all(most) of the moisture is out before pressing...usually a good week on cardboard broken up in small chunks is a good time period

G

yea i have heard about pressing it being overrated but i like how easy to handel it is when pressed. thanks for the advice and quick response!

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
Hey THUMB---> what were your yields like with that 1 gal run? I am going to buy some bags monday but don't know if I just want the 1 or the 5... how much trim/bud did you run through the 1? and what was the final weight of bubble? appreciated.....

G

yeilds with one gallon bag

yeilds with one gallon bag

hello, in the one gallon bags i ran about 2 ounces of freshly dried trim and ALL popcorn buds. It would have been 2 ounces if it were very dry but i just dried the trim for 4 days (left it on the plant). i recieved about .5 grams of full melt out of the 73u bag and about 1.5 grams of stuff out of the other bags
(excluding the top 2 bags) I would just get the 5 gallon kit and save your trim in the freezer then do large runs. also i dont have a scale so those weights are based on eyeing it up.

thc43

Veteran
would depend on the strain.

my more indica with blond coloured resin until rolled takes two days to be bone dry, more sativa has been drying for a week and still feels like soft bubble gum but i think its about as dry as i can get it. a very oily black resin much like oil mixed with resin consistancy.

combo hash bigb and white rhino

black= bigbud , centre= mixed strains, blond= white rhino

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts