What's new

THE GREAT OUTDOORS

LORD BENIS

So Spring is finally here, the grass is green, the birds are chirping and flowers are blooming; and that can only mean one thing..........
time to break out the chainsaw!!!

The guerilla team started on a new spot today that we've been eyeing for a while now, it just needed a little trimming up.

Before

After

Should get around 5-7 hours direct sunlight now. The plot runs along a ridge that should collect plenty of water. The plan is to hump out a rain barrell and auto irrigate the plot with a battery operated timer.

A second plot is up for clearing next weekend. Stick around, more details and pics to come.

Last edited:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Yea, its very snowy here still, nice and covered still and will be for a while.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
all i can say is... glad it was done in the winter... fuckin summer with the ticks and heat. took awhile but hopefully it will work out. last years spot was found,,,, going more guerilla this time. To a good season, *cheers mates* bartender187

LORD BENIS

Here's some creepy shit on the way to the way to our spot. Took these pics today and it looked the exact same as it did last year. I don't think it's been inhabited for many years but it still freaks me out every time I walk by it, especially when i open it up to snap pics.

LORD BENIS said:
So Spring is finally here, the grass is green, the birds are chirping and flowers are blooming; and that can only mean one thing..........
time to break out the chainsaw!!!

The guerilla team started on a new spot today that we've been eyeing for a while now, it just needed a little trimming up.

Before

After

Should get around 5-7 hours direct sunlight now. The plot runs along a ridge that should collect plenty of water. The plan is to hump out a rain barrell and auto irrigate the plot with a battery operated timer.

A second plot is up for clearing next weekend. Stick around, more details and pics to come.

Use a waterbed mattress 30 bucks on e-bay.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I left some clearing to spring also! Hoping my chainsaw will work as I forgot to drain the fluids!

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Sounds like a good deal LORD BENIS! I'm going to have 2 plots like these out this year, I'll be using the Gilmour battery operated water timers, they were pretty reliable in the gravity fed irrigation system in my vegtable garden. This is going to be a sweet grow to follow!

Are the rain barrels 50 gallons? I'll be using a 50 gallon plastic barrel at each grow, and refilling them each month from nearby streams(not too near) using a small gas pump, 2 minutes of pump time and they are filled. I can't wait!

Its funny, cuz I was just thinking its about time for me to nail down a couple locations for my auto-grows too, and get them prepped. Work and home projects are holding me here, but I'll break away soon, I always do.

Last edited:

LORD BENIS

Ganico
Probly an old bum shack, or possibly the blare witch.

Below Frigid
That's a great idea, I never even thought about a waterbed mattress. It would definatly be easier to get out there. I'll need to research how much they hold and some kind of hose attachment.

What's up Deft?
We love Home Depots return policy down here :)
Hooray for free tools!!! :woohoo:

Backcountry
We will be using Gilmour timers and at least one 50 gal res as well. Our grows sound pretty much identical except that I'm using an electric water pump. Going to experiment with your tarp/rainwater collection ideas too. I feel you about being caught up on the home-front though, been keeping busy ourselves......
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=41757&highlight=bartenders+krypto

LORD BENIS

Set up the the first half of the auto irrigation system today. Put the filter "upstream" with a line running downhill into a 55 gallon rain barrel. It's more of a seasonal revine than an actual stream, so with any luck after a few good rains we'll get a full barell to start the season off with. Props to Backcountry for the filter idea.

Hoam Groan

Nice man, we're prepping some new areas and cleaning up some old spots as well. Going to be a great year, I can smell it!

Best of luck

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Looking very sweet LORD BENIS, I hope to join you in the great outdoors soon myself.

G

guest5703

OK i have got a question...

This grow looks sick and ive never dont a geurilla grow before. I have a spot ive been looking at for a while, its close to houses but out of sight...No one travels there and it gets good light at the bottom of a canyon. If i only traveled there at night, do you think it would be an ok location? How far are your guys's grows away from people...Thanks for the help!

suzycremecheese

caligreen said:
OK i have got a question...

This grow looks sick and ive never dont a geurilla grow before. I have a spot ive been looking at for a while, its close to houses but out of sight...No one travels there and it gets good light at the bottom of a canyon. If i only traveled there at night, do you think it would be an ok location? How far are your guys's grows away from people...Thanks for the help!

Are the houses close enough so that they will smell flowering marijuana?

LORD BENIS

Thanks for the praise everyone.
My plot is in a very discreet park hundreds of yards off trail, your sight sounds good to me though.

LORD BENIS

Got the first round draft picks out into the bush today. We stuffed 31 plants into 3 backpacks for the journey, 4 of which were in 2 gallon pots. I think we impressed ourselves, it's all about the fung-shui inside hiking backpacks. We planned on transplanting today but ran into car trouble, quite literally. They're going into 2 gallon pots tommorrow so more pics will be coming soon. No progress on filling the rain barrel yet. We've had some pretty good storms the last few weeks but only drops in the barrel. No worries though, we've still got a few tricks up the sleeve ;)

Schaweet!!! Man I still got snow on the ground I am just waiting for it to go away but it makes for great plant water.
When I get my LR's outside I will post Pix of them.
It is hard to beleive there are pple planting outdoors in the states tho!

G

LORD BENIS said:
Set up the the first half of the auto irrigation system today. Put the filter "upstream" with a line running downhill into a 55 gallon rain barrel. It's more of a seasonal revine than an actual stream, so with any luck after a few good rains we'll get a full barell to start the season off with. Props to Backcountry for the filter idea.
Are you worrrying about the pH of the freshwater?