What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace Beans

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
I was looking at a site a few months back that seemed to specialize in landrace genetics. Lost the link. Oops.

Anyone know of this or another site that sells these?

Thanks.

Spaced...

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Took a look at that world of seeds. Thanks! Wasn't the one that I remember looking at, they had a much bigger selection. But looks like the WOS has some very nice product as well.

Thanks!

Spaced...

zamalito

Veteran
There have been a few issues regarding the purity and authenticity of wos's seeds. If you get some it would be good to see a test grow of some of their pure sativa lines so we could authenticate them.

Here's bsc's old website. Our new website should be up soon. Luiz is having computer problems so we cannot get some of the info about our lines for the new site.

Http://www.fritzman.tripod.com.br/bsc

I will post a link to our new site asap.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
That one leads to an error Zamalito.

Here is a link that will give you a very small sampling of what our friends at BSC currently have,but it is in no way complete.They will be offering some real gems pretty soon,so if you are interested in landraces,stay posted for the new website.

http://fritzman.tripod.com.br/BSC/id2.html

Last edited:

Nept

Zam,
Somewhere on here, I think, I posted up all the BSC offerings on That site with the names and pics. You probably posted in the thread so that may be the way to go?
Im not positive though.

Ima look right now. If i find em and u want em let me know.

Edit:
Ok, i found them and can link to the post, it has the bsc originals in full size pics with the name under them. I dont want to hijack so let me know guys.

I also bookmarked the link, zam if u want to use it sometime.

Last edited:

hashstar

It's not a LR if it's been selectively breed, you could even say it's not a LR if it's been breed with populations not the size of it's natural population or if it was breed outside of it's environment

zamalito

Veteran
I disagree with you hashstar. Though I definitely feel the best way to preserve a line is open pollinations with large numbers in the region of origin. However there is no such thing as "the size of it's natural population" and outside of a relatively small area in central asia all cannabis has been selectively bred at some point. I believe you are confusing wild or feral lines with landrace lines. Landrace lines are typically cultivated and often selectively bred by those that live in the region of origin many times by subsistance farmers who grow small populations for trade and personal consumptions.

hashstar

If human hands influence them I like to just call them cultivars...I wouldn't call anything thats commercial a LR, once the beans are breed out of their environment the allele frequency changes

>>>Landrace refers to a race of animals or plants ideally suited for the land (environment) in which they live (or originated) and, in some cases, work; they often develop naturally with minimal assistance or guidance from humans (or from humans using traditional rather than modern breeding methods), hence are usually older, less modern races.

zamalito

Veteran
I didn't say that the allele frequency changes when moved out of their environment. I didn't anything that disagreed with your definition. Whether you like to call them cultivars or not much landrace cannabis has been bred by human hands for hundreds or thousands of years. I also disagree that a very large amount of landrace cannabis is still in existence. Though commercial pressures have erased many varieties work in the field has shown that there are hundreds upon hundreds of varieties that have been unchanged for centuries with the exception of allele frequency changes brought on by naturally ocurring climatic fluctuation. Also proper breeding and line maintenance even outside of the region of origin can still keep a landrace ideally suited to the environment of it's region of origin thus still meeting the criteria on your definition. I will agree that many of the landraces that were imported and commercially available in the united states are no longer being imported in their pure form and it is of the utmost importance that expeditions are sent to these regions to gather these genetics.

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
I'll take that job zamalito! Lead an expedition to discover new pot... I like the sound of that. Do I have to take a drug test?

Nept

NeptHaze said:
Here's some pictures of the bsc manga rosa. Some may start out quite columnar and wide leafed looking like an indica dominant plant but they all finish very bushy and narrow leafed looking like a pure sativa. I don't have any pictures of the dried bud but it is very distinct looking and instantly recognizeable with very unusual shape and coloration.

*edit ^^^^I think zamalito said this

Last edited: