What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 1st go with the 8 bag Bubble Bags...

beancounter

Veteran
So i finally gots me some Bubble bags and decided to go for a run down bubble hash lane..

I used aproximately 200ish grams of fully dried popcorn buds, from the freezer, crushed up a bit in the bags while still frozen..

It's fairly cold here so i don't need that much ice, i used about a bag worth on the 1st run, maybe a lil more..

I hand stirred with a spoon at 1st then said fuck dat and decided to use a 1" square piece of wood stock, about 3' long, so i could work it with both hands.. The piece of wood made it much easier.. I hand stirred for 30 mins, and let sit for the same.. most of the ice hadn't melted, and i was able to reuse the ice for later runs..

I got the 8 bag kit, and used all 8 bags for the 1st run.. there was probly a mix of 30-40 strains, so i figured it was the best time to use all 8, since there were so many dif trich sizes i'm sure.. Also, i know some peeps don't use all 8 or 7 bags, but I wanna get a feel for it myself before i start culling bags from the mix..

All in all it was a pretty easy process, and not too messy.. I used cold water in a squirt bottle and a spoon to collect the hash.. I found by gently agitating the bag while it drained the hash would pool up or form into a ball pretty easily, all in all a pretty simple and rewarding system..

the bags are nice, i wish the 160 wasn't so thick, makes it a bitch to work with, but excellent design despite..

Here's my 1st results:

25 bag:

45 bag:

73 bag:

90 bag:

I ran the popcorn again with a mixer/blender, and added more trim for a 2nd run, i'm curious to see how bad the contamination is this time..

I'll post some follow up pics of later runs and single strain runs later.. Bubba is up next :yummy:

Last edited:
G

Make sure to chop it all up nice and fine on a plate. Looks good, enjoy the bags.

beancounter

Veteran
Thanks chief, I just hope it bubbles.. and actualy i will need to buy some screens.. I am ashamed to say i don't even own a bong or glass pipe of any kind. So i will try to hook something up for the fmcd shots when i find them..

Thanks Johnny, i'll be sure to chop it up.. I am gonna do a few runs over the next couple days and mix alot of it together.. Any of the stuff I make with mixed popcorn or trim will get mixed together for the most part, I may save the 25 and 45 from each run.. I have a ton of trim that's been building up for a yr or more now, and i'll only be keeping the single strain runs for personal for the most part..

Here's my 2nd run, this was made with the lil blender chopper thing for 5-10 min, then hand stirred for 15-20 mins, on the left over popcorn/trim from the 1st run, and maybe 100g of new mixed trim, powdery dry trim from seed sorting.. so it got fairly contaminated, but some friends of mine will love it i'm sure..

Here's a shot of the 1st hand stirred run next to my 2nd run for contrast:

Here's the 2nd run, 25-160 bags:

25 bag:

45 bag:

73 bag:

90 bag:

beancounter

Veteran
O, I also reused alot of my ice from my 1st run in my 2nd run..

For the 3rd run, I started fresh, using 100-150g of fresh and frozen Bubba Kush trim, and about 150g of mostly dry and frozen Deep Chunk trim.. and a couple small nugs that got moldy of bubba.. for shame! lol I was gonna do them seperate, but they're close enough together that i thought they'd make a good indica mix, and still retain some Bubba flavor, which it does..

I hand mixed this for 1/2 hr.. and the water turned deliciously purple :yummy:

I was hopping for some purple hash, and altho the bubble from this run does have a unique tint to it, it's not quite purple.. no biggy, it still looks excellent, and the sample tasted great and got me rocked :smile:

3rd run hand stirred with Bubba Kush and Deep Chunk:

25 bag:

45 bag:

73 bag:

90 bag:

Then, here's a fairly disturbing sight.. I started to notice green flecks in my 160 bag on the 3rd run, after simple hand stirring.. There's quite a bit of it, and it's extremely difficult to pick out, and not verry good to smoke I'm sure.. And I'm not sure i like the idea of smoking the green flecks that i can't see with my eye that got thru to the next grades.. I thru out all the 160, which is no biggy, as it wasn't a high yeild.. But it still sucks..

It turns out only one of the silkscreened 190s on the outside of the 190 bag started to come off.. it was only 1 of the 6-8 or so dif 190s printed on that bag, it was very unusual cause u could tell right away which number it was.. I was expecting it to be coming off the other numbers too.. Seems like the surface of the material wasn't clean when they printed the number on or something..

I'm sure bubbleman will sort out any problems i have, I do think i want a new bag to be safe..

I managed to clean off the rest of that particular # 190 from the bag with a coarse brush, i figured it was better to take it all off if i could.. But there was still a few flecks of green on the next run, but i'm not sure if it's jus left overs from cleaning off the #, cause there was much less.. but still, it's not nice to see in your product..

check out the green flecks..

160 bag:

And here's the 4th run, i used the remaining Bubba/DC material, and a new 200g+ dry bag of mixed trim and used the blender/chopper for 2-3 mins tops, then hand stirred for 20 mins or so..

4th run:

25 bag:

45 bag:

73 bag:

90 bag:

120 bag:

And here's all 4 runs i did last night:

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
nice, how was the last bag for draining? i got the 7 bag system and that last bag can be a bitch sometimes, i don't think i'd want another bag, but i bet the quality is prime.

hit me up if you wanna learn a few tricks.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Hmmm, did he change the bags or something? My bags just have the micron number on a little tag near the top, son't remember the number being screen printed on there..that is a bummer though

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Dang I gots to gets me one of those 90u bags.. makes the 73u look so much better.

Heres my trick for draining all the 'slow' bags. Bunch up the top of the bag in your 'suspending' fist and hold it firmly over the bucket. Make a fist with your other hand and 'potato' pop the top so the bag and contents jerks enough to gush the water out.

The last bag dribbles I get out by leaving about 6-8 ounce of water in it and put it back in the bucket and pull the sides of the bag over the bucket on the outside.. when it gets tight the vacuum action pulls the water thru the screen.

beancounter

Veteran
thanks Hashishin, i'll try to get some dry shots up in a few days, and some fmcd if i can get some glass and screens in time.. I'm really jonesing for a good bong now.. I'm a big joint man myself, so i've never had a need for pipes.. And while mixing hash into joints in nice, i'd like to taste and experience the hash in it's pure form.. And there's no way to clean out a wooden pipe fully, so altho i can get a feel for taste/potency, it always is a bit muddied up but the left over junk in the pipe..

I'm working on it tho..

thanks acidfire, i'm pretty happy with what i got.. the 1st 4 runs easily paid for the bags, so i'm happy.. :smile:

Hey T2U, thanks.. the draining wasn't a problem at all.. I found by using the 'jerk' method, and gently 'shaking' the bag up and down would drain the bags quick.. and the 'shaking' piles the hash up right into a ball, and i found i rarely needed to go back for a 2nd spoonful, or bother scraping the bags.. I found it quite easy overall, but it really helps to have 2 people or 2 buckets.. it really speeds it up..

I dunno what's up chief.. Maybe it's a new addition to the bags to help peeps avoid confusion between the yellow 73 and 190 bag.. At least that's the only reason i could think of for the silkscreened #s on the outside of the 190.. I could definately do without, a simple check of the tag is enough not to screw it up... but i guess B-man wants the bags stoner proof..

All i know is it was pretty frustrating trying to pick all that shit out so i jus threw all the 160 away on the 3rd and 4th run.. I guess i coulda ran the 160 hash thru the 190 bag again to catch most of the green stuff..

I'm sure B-man will replace the bag, I'm not too worried.. But I'll jus be leaving the 190 bag out for now, cause i can't afford to contaminate all this hash..

Also, looking at the 90 and finer grades with a scope, there's no sign of any green flecks.. But I did find some ultra small green flecks of paint in my 120 :( so that's alot of good hash down the drain, unless anyone can think of a good way to get it all out..

Please, if anyone has any ideas let me know..

Yes verite, the 8th bag is worth it from what i can see so far.. of course it lowers yer 73 bag's yeild, but u can always mix the 2 together if u like.. So far my 90 is some of the better stuff for sure.. the 90 bag on the bubba/dc run is definately FMCD, i can't even touch the stuff without it becoming part of me..

Another interesting point to note.. i smoked mostly the 45 bag from the bubba for the 1st day or so.. it's fmcd, or damn close, and quite nice.. but when i tried the 90 bag it tasted like 3-4 times stronger.. it tasted like smoking pure bubba, it is devine :yummy:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like some great runs, BC. I bet it is devine! :canabis:

Sucks the silkscreen's peeling off the 190. Hope you can get that sorted out.......

beancounter

Veteran
it is devine! :yummy: it's much tastier than i expected it would be, especialy the bubba/dc.. the tastiest hash i've had ever, and i've dried sifted many o times..

I've jus mixed alot of the mixed trim stuff and mixed popcorn stuff together, i'll get pics soon.. some nice balls..

it doesn't ball up great when it's dried seperate then mixed.. I think the next time i do multiple runs i will jus mix the grades as i go, especialy the stuff that i know i'll be mixing anyways.. then chop it all up together, mixing it more completely.. it balled up ok, but jus not as nice as if it was all mixed together..

I got 1 ball of 25/45 8.3 g, 1 ball of 73/90 12.5 g, 1 ball of the #1 hand stirred 73 2.5g...

Then the 120 wasn't sticky enough, between all the dif mixed runs (besides bubba/dc), to stick together.. I will run it thru some screens again to refine it, but it's about 5g worth.. probly more.. I thru all my 160 out.. but there was maybe 2g..

The ultra tasty bubba bubble was 7 g for the 25-120, but the 120 is next to nothing.. I left the bubba in patties to dry, as it was too sticky to work with.. I didn't bother putting it into balls either.. I actualy have to put it in the freezer and break it like taffy in order to work with it and put it into joints.. it's much to stick to touch for more than a split 2nd when room temp..

I think this means it's good.. it's deadly :smile:

All together, I got about 35 grams, probly 25g of high quality sticky melty hash..

I used a small metal candle incense burner (clean, unused) with a deep well and a tea light candle to warm and ball it up.. it's pretty cool in my house so stuff will stay fairly firm at room temp..

anyways, pics of the balls and bubba patties soon.. I wish i had some screens to do the bubble shots, i'm working on it..

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Whats the point of doin all the bags if yer just going to mix it all back? Imo a bigger ball or chunk is just more prone to mold.

If you can handle patties over balls heres a method I use. Dont break it up to dry. Use the pressing screen to squeeze out the water inbetween two sides of a towel to get as much water out as possible and to keep the patty thickness under 1/3 of an inch.

The patty will probably have a flat bottom and a rounded top place the rounded side on a piece of plastic and put it on top of your crt display or its equivalent. Tent a piece of paper over it. Depending on thickness it will be dry in anywhere from 8-36 hours. When its done you end up with nice manageable pies.

beancounter

Veteran
well, yes, u are right.. not much point with hindsight.. But without ever using the bags before i had no real idea of what was gonna come from each bag.. I also didn't know what I'd be keeping for myself..

The reason I balled it all up is because I need to ship it to other med users and I wanna make sure it's as small and stealthy as possible.. Before it's pressed it has quite a bit of air in it, and pressing it into a ball removes alot of the air and makes it smaller..

It's going to be given away and used up quickly, so there's lil risk of mold.. Also, I air dryed it for a full 2-3 days before i did anything to it, so i'm sure it's well dry by now..

thanks for the tips v.. pics soon :)