What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

POORMANS HERB GRINDER - GoJoeGo

Castor Cups - Floor protectors
1-13/16"

closeup

Add Bud

The pegs line up with each other, so position the top cup to sit just to the side of the bottom one.

Now, place over a tray and move them back and forth and up and down. Since the pegs are the same on both, you can not rotate in a circle but you can make small square movements that grind pretty good.

Dump and enjoy.

Last edited:
Note: This seems like the best place for this thread. If there is another forum that is better suited for it, please move it there.​

Theses castors work pretty good but make sure you have a tray under them to catch anything that falls or jumps out of the sides.

Give it a try. It doesn't replace the real grinders but for 2 bucks you can't go wrong. Well each pair is a buck and you can give one to a friend or just have two sets.

Take care - Joe

Last edited:

stevr59

CMEMORY CMEMORY CMEMORY... AND I THOUGHT I WAS A TIGHT WAD LOL BUT HEY IF IT WORK IT WORK HELL I MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE THAT A TRY.

G

thats kickass

one of my good friends loves for me to roll her joints, but she is too lazy to buy a grinder. i will undoubtedly pickup a pack of these before I goto her house next time

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
OJ - I'm voting you a membership in the National DIY Inventors Brigade! :yes: Great idea and find!

I'm always amazed at the ingenuity of heads on a mission to make gear!!!

G

What I like to use to make the bud REALLY ground up is a vitamin crusher. What you do is put the bud into a hole that will be closed with a piece that twists into the hole.

It's sort of like a hash press BUT being that it's plant matter, when you take the flattened bud out, it will break into small pieces once you start pulling it apart.

When herb is smoked like this a little goes a long way.

I got my vitamin crusher from gnc.

It's this kind:

http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cfm/sku/62121

page1

how much did it cost? in the uk you can get a nice grinder for about 2 pounds($3.50)

so im not to bothered with the price, thats a great idea though. Its amazing what a stoner can come up with when they need to prepare their weed.

C

Chamba

you are right Page1..stoners can think up great ideas and innovations for smoking..every month a new idea hits the market or is suggested here in icmag

in the uk you can get a nice grinder for about 2 pounds($3.50)

a nice one? hmmm I dunno about that .....you definitely can't get a quality grinder for that price...but you can get a crappy Indian made wood grinder with a bad action and or one that has pins that scrape each other when you turn it for that price or a plastic one ...resin sticks readily to those cheap plastic grinders..I'm not a fan of using plastic with my bud

all grinders work, even the cheapest grinder will save resin from flying away when breaking it up and is better than using your fingers or scissors ......but a good quality grinder will have a smooth action and a good feel.

you wouldn't put the cheapest recapped tires (tyres UK spelling) on new Jag, Porche or BMW...why would you want to buy a crappy grinder to use on something as precious as good bud.

a good quality wood grinder costs between $14 ~ $20 ..I've used the same one for years, it's an investment that lasts..every smoker should have one.

Last edited:

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
Ordinary Joe said:

Castor Cups - Floor protectors
1-13/16"

closeup

Add Bud

The pegs line up with each other, so position the top cup to sit just to the side of the bottom one.

Now, place over a tray and move them back and forth and up and down. Since the pegs are the same on both, you can not rotate in a circle but you can make small square movements that grind pretty good.

Dump and enjoy.

this shit is so genius i have to give it teh eveil conquest laugh---> :muahaha:

C

csedge

Does anyone use a coffee grinder? That's what i use its only like 8-12 dollars holds keif at the top and is the fastest way to have something broken up that i know.