You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > 400W Female Seeds Grapefruit

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
400W Female Seeds Grapefruit Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2007, 01:36 AM #1
Tokabowl

Tokabowl has a spectacular aura aboutTokabowl has a spectacular aura aboutTokabowl has a spectacular aura about
Talking 400W Female Seeds Grapefruit

Once more its time for a new grow diary. The bagseed are harvested and curing, and... mostly smoked lol. I thoroughly enjoyed every different phenotype, each had its own taste and high and was treat to smoke.

This time around I will be growing 2 Grapefruit plants from Female Seeds.

The setup for the moment is the same as for my last grow, but i will be definitely be getting a scrubber and therefore a bigger (and possibly/hopefully more silent) exhaust fan.

Medium
:
BioBizz All Mix Soil (Peat Moss, Spaghnum peat, Worm Castings, Perlite, Pre-mix, EC: 2.4 , pH:6.2-6.6).
First in 1L pots for 2-3weeks, then 7L pots for remaining veg (2-3 more weeks), and finally in 15L pots for flowering.

Nutrients:
Canna range:
Terra Vega (NPK 14-6-17)
Terra Flores (10-9-19)
PK 13-14
Boost Accelerator
Bio Boost
Rhyzotonic
Cannazym

Lights:
For the first week, under the 200W envirolight (2700K), then straight under the 400W Grolux (cooltube)

Fans:
For the time being: RVK100 4" 175m3/h and i got a small 6" clip on to blow on tops. Intake is passive through louvers in the back of the cab. When Ill be getting the carbon scrubber i think i will need a bigger fan so i will probably get a 5" fan, maybe acoustic, to suck through the filter and the cooltube

Cabinet:
Robin from IKEA, 1m wide, 0.5m deep and 1.6m high

Here are some pics from the day they broke the soil until today:

One of the seeds popped out first, these pics are 1 day after it broke the ground:

The same day these pics were taken the other seed popped out of the soil, only this one seemed to have a problem, one of the cotyledon was albino, and so were the tiny leaves that were beggining to grow:

But in the end it turned out ok and nicely filled up with chlorophyll

These are from 3 days later, the bigger one one the left is 4 days old and the smaller ex-albino is 3days old:

Now here are some pics from today, I watered them with a bit of rhyzotonic yesterday. The bigger one is 7 days old and the smaller is 6 days old. From now on for simplicity today will be reffered to as day 7 for both plants

As usual, plenty of updates and pictures to come,

Welcome to my cabinet I hope you enjoy the show

Peace
Tokabowl is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 01:51 AM #2
darrinjefferson
to the moon and back

darrinjefferson has a spectacular aura aboutdarrinjefferson has a spectacular aura aboutdarrinjefferson has a spectacular aura aboutdarrinjefferson has a spectacular aura about
lookin good tokabowl....this should be a fun one to watch
ive always wanted to grow some grapefruit

this is gonna be fun

late

current grows

08 greenhouse

400watt champ in action

2200 Watts of Fury!!!

DHS/OMMP Compliant

Last edited by darrinjefferson; 02-08-2007 at 11:03 AM..
darrinjefferson is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 01:57 AM #3

Hey
Your plants look super heathly so far and great pic's too! I think you will enjoy the grapefruit, I have been thinking about popping a couple but no space right now.
Good luck with the grow!

Old 02-18-2007, 05:28 PM #4
Tokabowl

Tokabowl has a spectacular aura aboutTokabowl has a spectacular aura aboutTokabowl has a spectacular aura about
Update

Hey guys, thanks for poppin in

I havent been online for a while so the ladies have changed quite a bit.
They had 2 light feedings so far, and actually they seem to be quite nute sensitive... can anyone who's grown GF confirm this? I was planning on giving them a slightly stronger dose next time around but i wouldnt want to burn them...
Here are a couple of pics of them at 13 days into veg:

At day 16 (2 days ago) they got transplanted into the 7L pots, they both had nice healthy roots (not the best pics, but i was in a hurry because i did the error of not watering at all before the transplant so the soil was crumbling apart in my hands, lol)

Some tops after transplant:

A couple of hours after the transplant, both plants got a serious tie-down
Here are the latest pics, from yesterday:

Neil, you've grown the GF before haven't you? What kind of stretch should i expect from it? Ive read it does have a tendency to stretch quite a lot... Would it double or rather triple in height after flippin the lights? (considering the LST... )
I'm thinking of giving them at least another 2 if not 3 weeks of veg for them to fill out the area nicely...

Thanks in advance for any input

Well, that's about it for now,

Peace

Old 02-18-2007, 07:01 PM #5

Talking

Yes i grew one out before. It was a while ago but as i remember i think it probably stretched nearly 3x in 12/12. I didn't train her at all. Training is very important with a sat indoor as it keeps in controllable but will increase your greatly too in my experience. Also you will find training helps as I seem to remember that she had trouble keeping buds skyward towards the end.
Sounds like you got a good plan, as long as you keep on top of the training as you flip to 12/12 you shouldn't have any problems.
I cant really remember nute wise, i will see if theres anything on here but have changed computers since so don't have anything here apart from a pic of her flowering.
I hope you don't mind me including a pic, if you want can always remove it!

Good luck with the grow, i will be watching patiently to see how they do!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 PM #6
Tokabowl

Update 21 days veg

Hey man thanks for that. Please don't remove the pic its beautiful. I'll be well chuffed if they turn out half as nice as that one!
I will definitely have to stay on top of the training, they are responding really well to the LST and have loved the transplant. One of them is getting a head start on the other, but they're both exploding with growth.

One slight problem, however, is that my ballast for the 400 watter has died on me... It started making a very load buzzing noise when it was supposed to turn on, and simply never turned on. I have no idea what couldve caused this (is it possible its just the lightbulb?). The 400 is plugged into a contractor timer (which still works fine, btw) so no overload is possible, and the ballast+bulb are only a couple of months old!
I believe there was a 1 year warranty so Ill have to hook that up.

In the meantime the plants are huddling under the 200W envirolight, and I'll add the 150w hps too if the ballast takes to long to get changed...

Here are some pics

Both of them are now showing pre-flowers too, and luckily both are female!
The pre-flowers started showing at the 5th node about 19-20 days into veg.
I wasnt able to get a proper shot of them but you can get a clue here:

Peace

Old 02-22-2007, 06:28 PM #7

I know this may sound a bit simple. But i would unplug your ballast from the wall and try the bulb make sure you cant tighten it anymore. Check the wires to whilst your at it. I am sure you may have done this but its always solved my problems so far.
The plants are looking great anyway!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokabowl
They had 2 light feedings so far, and actually they seem to be quite nute sensitive... can anyone who's grown GF confirm this? I was planning on giving them a slightly stronger dose next time around but i wouldnt want to burn them...
From my experience Grapefruit is a nute sensitive strain. I would bump up the feeding ec a little and add some Ca and Mg. She can triple in height in flower but the LST should keep them under control. If ya take care of her shell reward ya with some fat, juicy buds.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:11 AM #9
Tokabowl

Update, 24 days of veg

Hi Indophiliac thanks for the input. Im going to feed them tonight, think Ill go with 1/2 strength for this time. Lovely bud you got there by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilspotshop
I know this may sound a bit simple. But i would unplug your ballast from the wall and try the bulb make sure you cant tighten it anymore. Check the wires to whilst your at it. I am sure you may have done this but its always solved my problems so far.
Cheers man The bulb was on as tight as it went, but i unscrewed and put it back in, turned it on and VOILA! So it worked until the next time it had to turn on (this evening) when it did the same thing all over again... So I unscrewed the bulb again, put it back in and now it works once more lol...
I checked the wires and they all seem ok (both the ballast and the cooltube were pre-wired when bought)...

Anyways, here are some pics from today:

Peace

Old 02-25-2007, 01:33 AM #10

The plants are looking great they seem to be getting more sat looking as they mature but maybe its me hehe.
I don't know loads about ballasts but it sounds like it might be faulty? if its under warranty i would contact the people you got the light from and explain the problem. I am sure anyone who sells lights could probably sort it out really fast.
Nice Pic's