What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to tell if its good hash?

G

So I'm flying where there supposedly will be an abundance of hash.

I'm a hash noob, so my question is, how do I know if its good hash?

Isn't it hard to tell just by the color? Does it have something to do with the smell?

thanks in advance
:wave:

Last edited:
take a lighter to it. Once the flame touches the hash it should start to bubble if it's of any quality. Another pretty good sign of good hash is maleability...which is pretty much softness.

You should be able to bend, twist, fold the hash with your fingers....if it's really hard than it's probably not so great......but there are always exceptions to the rule.....though rare.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
how high does it get you? is the best way to tell.
colour wont help you much.
nad smell can be pretty tricky to escpecially if you dont have much experience to compare to.
holding a flame to the hash and looking at the colour of smoke, it should be white,with a slight bluish tint, and as mentioned good hash will become maliable with a bit of heat.
also different areas make their hash in different ways, so a general indication of the region your visiting would help in knowing what to look for.

G

hmmmm sounds a little confusing. thanks for the input so far, though.

trichomefarmer, I'll be going to South Fl. It's not known as hash land, but I'm going to an event that should have plenty of hash.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
LOL, S. FL there's no telling what you'll get. First and foremost smell it. It should have like a leathery smell and no sharp strong odors which could indicate adulterants or mold

DailyTHC

I think I know the event. I have attended some similar ones. Be careful buying hashish at such places. Find someone who is selling bubble (it'll be $20+/g) and stay the fuck away from pressed hash. BHO/Oil can be risky, but if someone is selling it, it is likely legit and one of the better purchases. If someone tries to sell you 'hash' that is a square/rectangle and wrapped in foil, throw it back in there face. It is most likely a ton of unknown chemicals/filler and a bit of THC. I had a real bad experience smoking too much of this type of product at a large festival last summer... be careful.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
ummmm i think that's called soap bar which has been known to contain boot polish, milk powder, and sawdust just to name a few

bluebublelove

I think I know what event this is too if its coming up still....yeah....if the guy looks stoned off his gourd then its usually good....but if some dude is acting sketchy or like there trying to get rid of the product then its probably fake.....there is fake hash at these fests and it usually weighs about 4 times what it should weigh and is cheaper than it should be, smells like wax and is hard hard hard......and fake as hell.....call them out, dont make a huge scene, but speak out if someones selling you fake hash....have fun!

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
I think it comes down to knowing what your looking for

I think it comes down to knowing what your looking for

I have a link that'll help if this isnt allowed tell me I'll remove it thanks mods : ) ... www.S~mokersguide.com

without the ~ try it ...

but really it'll come down to experience ...

.... if it dosent look like the pics or smell/burn like descriptions mentioned ...(obviously description is a personal thing and everyone has a different view on how it smells /tastes but you get the idea)

if in doubt dont buy

*look that up it'll show you what to look for*#
95 types of light hash with pics and descriptions ... oh and 53 types of dark hash with pics aswell ]#

...they are all good get any of them that you see
theres a bud section too ....
you should find it useful

have fun whatever it is

: ) lol

Peace :joint:

Last edited:

Delta9-THC

Veteran
no worries ....

is that a pressed kief block? in your avatar ?

silly me its a pill

Last edited:

kolohe

a little trick i learned in the mideast - take a small piece and pop it in your mouth. chew it lightly to break it up - if you spit it out into your palm and can easily press it back into a small ball, it's probably decent stuff. if it stays in tiny grains and pieces, it's probably crap, mostly additives and junk.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
what people are noting in this thread is a bit off putting to me, as i believe there are very few methods to find out the worthiness of hash without being able to have a sesh or at least burn a sample.

my favorite mj product is hashish, with that in mind ive had some moderate experience in different regions and products.

kif, kief keef, gunpowder, icolator.. whatever you want to call tumbled or sifted "pollen" just dry extracted powder is usually rather dank in smell smells a lot like the source plant did, except stronger. taste is similiar as well, just an overwhelming fresh dank taste generally speaking.

traditional moroccan or paki/afghani lebanese hashes come in many different states. The moroc "ketama gold, moroccan super polm, moroccan cream" ketama and cream were both what i would refer to as old school hashes. hard pressed and very earthy stoney stuff. people who have delved into these traditional manufacturing countries product may well know what im sayin. the super polm i had was bubble hash and that was soft and the consistency at room temperature was close of "dental wax" or perhaps chewy caramel. all of the hashes i had from the east were all earthy/dusty/cocoa/ far away taste. i dont know exactly how to put words to it but it just tastes like morocco hah.

as for US or canadian hash, almost all of what ive seen and heard of is either bubblehash or kif. thats not to say there arent others about with oil and the old style hashes too.

all hashes ive had from the us have been better (the less the product travels the better) and have been fresher as well. i feel like im ramblin so im gonna try in wrap this up.

the maleability or flexibility and smell are completely changed by the means of processing.pressing, heating and storage can affect this and change it as a whole. just as a small example about half of my bubble hash stash is currently hard pressed and will chip and shatter with impact, but when worked slowly and with a bit of warmth she crumbles and becomes very workable. that is but one example of the contradictory nature of hash quality advice.

My advice for finding the good hash - bubble is always nice if you can pay for it/find it, try to smoke a little before getting a lot, and definitely use the smokers guide hash test.

Last edited:

Watson853

kolohe said:
a little trick i learned in the mideast - take a small piece and pop it in your mouth. chew it lightly to break it up - if you spit it out into your palm and can easily press it back into a small ball, it's probably decent stuff. if it stays in tiny grains and pieces, it's probably crap, mostly additives and junk.

Great idea. I bought a bunch in Amsterdam, it was of varying quality. Great stuff, but not as good as my Crippling Bubble Hash.lol.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Smoke a decent amount. Then talk to the hash.. if the hash talks back its good stuff.

Delta9-THC

Veteran
If it talks back wont it say something like ...

"you bastard ... you just tore me arm off!"