What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to..the pictorial making of "Beer Bottle BHO"®

Maximo

:wave: Hey my hashy brethren,

Ok, so there I was, sitting around drinking some brewski's and vaping oil and hitting on some bubble with a friend friday night when I got this ideal for a glass BHO tube made out of my beer bottle, as we talked and laughed about it I actually remembered that I had some diamond cut-off wheels I had got at harbor freight last summer, well to make a long story short, I tried it on an empty beer bottle and sliced the bottom off in just a few minuets with the dremel set on high, it wasn't a straight score/cut and had cracked the bottle, but I knew it would work now. I did a little experimenting and was able to do clean cuts with the dremel on low speed, NOT high speed, it seems the vibration of the blade at high speed will cause the bottle to crack so use low speed and be patience with the cut if you try it, it took about 5 minuets on low to cut the bottom off, I'm going to try and make a jig to hold the bottle and dremel this week for cleaner cuts.

Ill let the pics explain the rest.

1st pic is all of the material needed for this project.

16825BB-BHO-all-material-needed.jpg

2nd pic is the future BHO tubes, I'm making "Miller Genuine Hash Oil" this time lol.

16825BB-BHO-bottles.jpg

3rd and 4th pics are the dremel with diamond cut-off wheel from harbor freight, they cost like $6-7 dollars for 5 cut-off wheels, last yaa a life time, good deal :)

16825BB-BHO-dremel-closeup.jpg

16825BB-BHO-diamond-cutting-wheel.jpg

5th and 6th pics are the initial score/cut line around the bottom of the bottle, then after the bottom was cut off. wrap a towel around the bottle when cutting it in case it breaks, this will prevent your hand from possibility getting cut if it does happen.

16825BB-BHO-bottle-score-closeup.jpg

16825BB-BHO-cut-bottle-closeup.jpg

7th pic is the very small hole drilled in the cap for the butane, I added 2 wraps of plumbers tape around the threads before screwing the cap back on. there was NO leaking around the cap during the extraction so this worked no problem.

16825BB-BHO-bottle-cap-hole.jpg

8th pic is the material going into the Beer Bottle BHO tube, this stuff is pretty old to, been in the basement since last summer sometime, this is my bottom of the barrel hash making material just right for a project/mad experiment such as this.

16825BB-BHO-buddage-material.jpg

Continued

Maximo

Beer Bottle BHO Continued

Beer Bottle BHO Continued

9th pic is the "Beer Bottle BHO" tube packed with 38grms of fluffy bottom of the plant buds.

16825BB-BHO-bottle-packed.jpg

10th and 11th pics are the coffee filters/zip-ties and the BB-BHO tube with the filter on, this would be a good time to say that I could/should have used heavy duty rubber bands to hold the filter in place, it would have been easier than using zip-ties. you can also see the plumbers tape on the cap from this angle.

16825BB-BHO-ziptyes-filters.jpg

16825BB-BHO-bottle-with-filter.jpg

12th pic is the butane I use, Vector 12oz (320ml) 5x refined butane, I really like the size of the can, 12oz in such a little can is nice.

16825BB-BHO-vector-closeup.jpg

13th pic, starting the extraction...Blah Blah Blah.

16825BB-BHO-bottle-packed-butane-can.jpg

14th pic, extracting, you can already see the color of the oil in the tane, the material also got more of a dwell time during the extraction than it would have if I used my normal 1" (2.5cm) copper tubes for extracting.

16825BB-BHO-bottle-packed-running-bute.jpg

15th pic is the vaping down to oil, the color is looking even better at this point to me :yes:

16825BB-BHO-oil-vaping.jpg

16-19th pics are the final product obtained with my "Beer Bottle BHO" experiment, 4.5grms of oil from 38grms of (s)crap is pretty good me thinks? I also really like the color, its hard to see? (maybe not) but its this beautiful blood red and has a very pronounced flowery/sweet taste ummm!, and being fresh oil it hits you instantly thru my Kut-Vape :yes:

16825BB-BHO-oil-on-blade.jpg

16825BB-BHO-oil-on-blade1.jpg

16825BB-BHO-oil-in-tin.jpg

16825BB-BHO-oil-in-tin1.jpg

So there you have it, BBBHO made easy ala Max, hope you enjoyed the show, don't forget to tip your waitress ;)

Peace y'all
Max

G

max u r the MAN! i'm in the middle of making a batch of bho myself right now, stopped to eat some oatmeal...that is a very good point that the width of the beer bottle makes for a better surface area for the extraction, u really blow me away with some of ur shit, lol!! its great to see u around again too...i'm stoked for the game today, it kinda has the feeling of that osu-florida game leading up to it, i know u can feel me on that one lol :eek: keep it oily and i will have some pics of my process up later 2day...go bears!

-nugzy

edit- do u think the coffee filters work as well as wire mesh screen? i used that stuff from aquaticeco for a long time and use something similar now...

Last edited:

Maximo

"Errr show them our advanced ways" LOL. I love [adultswim] I want to make hash from some of the vast fields of moon pot they grow haha.

Yeah, what the F was up with OSU, man did they blow it huh? :( Ok..go Bears! lol ;)

I use a coffee filter and screen/clamp on my copper tubes every time due to the pressure, this ended up having a very low pressure so just a coffee filter seemed ok and it was :)

Later Bro

Kosmo

nice max it looks sick... love the beer bottle idea, definitely going to have to look into this... keep the ideas coming man...

Peace and Love...
-The Kos

Maximo

Will do Kosmo :)

Kut it was your inspiration that drove me to this lol, I still want some tubes from yaa :yes: and the gong attachment to :)

This thread came out of my overwhelming uncontrollable desire to have a glass tube for making oil with, truthfully, I couldn't pass up the photo OP as we talked and laughed about it the other night, a wacky ideal that turned out pretty good huh? :chin: lol.

Keep it oily Kut
Max

Maximo

Thanks Ochat, and I don't know, I was wearing a glove, sorry, but it wasn't that cold if that helps? not like copper tubes cold haha! ;)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the pictorial, Maximo! Cool stuff! Excellent shots! Glad it worked out for ya, enjoy! :rasta:

Maximo

Thanks PL, it was an interesting project to do , gave me something to do indoors with it at 1º outside, would have been a good day to do a bubble run outdoors though :)

Did you find your tane BC? I'm surprised theres any left with Kut living up there to haha!

deekan that looks like a good method if I wanted to stab you to death lol, drunken collage kids, what will they come up with next :)

G

the king of cannabis craftsmanship..........excellent tutorial,,,,did you mention safety glasses so all the kids dont get bling in there eye? nothing like a diamond bit in the eyeball, except a couple bottles of bho.

Maximo

"Necessity is the mother of inventions" but I'm no king, I was knighted by gaiusmarius a few years back though lol.

And your absolutely right I didn't mention eye wear during the bottle cutting even though I did wear some, my bad. remember some eye wear kids ;)

Glad you liked it BD :)
~Sir Maximo von Bubble~

acidfire

Ya, turned out it was only a half bottle though.
If I manage to find my glass bho tubes i might do a run later.