What's new

What is you all time favourite coffey shop in Holland?

page1

Well me and my friend feel like going to Holland again, but we are going to try a different part in Holland seeing as we have been to amsterdam twice. In amsterdam i loved the whole experience but we want to try a more chilled out place rather than a party place.

So i was wondering what is your favourite coffey shop in the whole of Holland?

we are looking for good weed, good prices, good food and drink, nice atmosphire, chilled out music and a good choice of weed?

we were thinking of just getting the ferry to hook of Holland and just going to the coffey shops there or getting a train to somewhere close by. we dont need it to be packed full of coffey shops, just a few good ones will do.

page1

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grey area dampkring or katsu

top 3 all day

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I'm gonna stay out of this, I mean that's like having to choose which of my limbs I like most. Hell they're all great! :biglaugh:

G

yeah nol's was the best, there was tons of bud, he was passin out jelly hash, his girlfriend was passin out food, there were a bunch of hot chicks that worked there...yep that's about it, lol...i liked dampkring too...

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
They are all good if you think it like me, they exist so they are good, but some better, but its like Alex said, cant decide which one of my limbs is the best.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Utrecht, a great little university town, 30 minutes by train from Mokum, also has some great coffeeshops. My favs in Utrecht are Culture (smoking) Boat, Andersom and Sarasani. I usually bring my own weed to smoke in Utrecht as I have found the herb is not as good quality in Utrecht as it is in Amsterdam. One exception is the Budsies that can be found at either Andersom or thier smaller sister shop, Wietstok.
Sarasani, the very 1st coffeeshop in Holland, is a must visit. A cave like coffeeshop with international clientele, some good music, friendly staff and some old skool posters (Furry Freak Brothers, Tommy Toilet, etc) up on the walls. Andersom is also cave-like, after you purchase some weed at the dealers counter upstairs, and go downstairs. Nice place to chill. Hope this helps. Peace n Love.

Saransi, 1st Coffeeshop in Holland.
Didn't know that.
1st in Amsterdam ?
Kink22 (1967) ? Mila Jansen- Pollinator Co., Hemp Hotel
Bulldog-Leidseplein (~1974)
Mello Yello (Date) Vijzelstraat
Any ideas ?

Rotterdam:

- De Lachende Paus (Laughing Pope)
- De Koffieshop
- Reefer
- 't Kabinet
- 't Trefpunt
- De Stichting

Breda:

- De Baron
- Pax

Dordrecht:

- Alibaba
- Indica
- Roots Corner

The Hague:

- Koffie & Dromen

Zwolle:

- Sky High
- Het Binnenhof

Utrecht:

- Sarasani

Just some shops I have good experiences with... For more shops througout the country click here. Have fun on your next visit! :bandit:

Last edited:

thirdgreywolf

gotta say i always visit de dampkring, dutch flowers, greenhouse tolstraat and there are many other top shops, too many to mention, just get there and get goin.................stay lucky

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is quite a debate, even among locals, as to the first coffeeshop in Amsterdam. The majority (me included) believe that Mellow Yellow (1967) Vijzelgracht was; others say it was Rusland and still others say it could have been the original Bulldog. I have read alot about the history of coffeeshops and most sources agree that it was Mellow Yellow. Peace.

prepress420 said:
Saransi, 1st Coffeeshop in Holland.
Didn't know that.
1st in Amsterdam ?
Kink22 (1967) ? Mila Jansen- Pollinator Co., Hemp Hotel
Bulldog-Leidseplein (~1974)
Mello Yello (Date) Vijzelstraat
Any ideas ?

Small Axe

You should try a visit to Haarlem, not to far of a train ride from Amsterdam and Nol's spots are where its at! Its a good change from the party in the 'Dam if you feel like it. Keep it Green!!

Tilburg has some really nice shops, it's in the south, about 30miles from the belgian border. I especially like "Tourmalijn", with their nice garden. It's a joy to smoke in the sun during the summer.

TimewarP

mello yello wasnt the first but it IS the oldest surviving amsterdam coffeeshop .. i had a long talk once there and was informed that in the 1967 time there were several places openly selling weed and many more doing it quietly..anyway apparently they survived because it was also a meeting place for some gay rights activists including the original owners [it coud have just been the story tho]

tilburg has one of those 'chain' stores right? across from the train station with neon lighting.. i had to go in just to see.. they sell buds in a little plastic box barcoded an all, plus joints in boxes.. really professional but cheesy as hell

rotterdam is best for hash imo.. maybe better than a'dam
i havnt been to many places there so no comment
den haag is really chill. not really a tourist center so unsifted weed and a bit cheaper.. one place i liked was called 'the game' altho it ad little atmosphere they had pinball and cute help!
utrecht is my favorite town, but the shops lack.. i really liked 'no name' but it got shut down a few years ago.. it was the best! under the tivoli club so you could run down in intermission .. heh .. another anomoly is a sales place thats like a bank teller window.. bullitproof glass and a quick exchange.. nowhere to smoke.. weird but interesting experience

nol's is a given

found a nice little one up by the west end of the sea[zee]wall ... hey, dont you think there should be one right in the middle of the wall?? would be awesome .. pipe dreams

trying not to mention ams shops but i gotta say that some places change hands and go through management phases so reccomendations dont alway pan out. first time i went i was reccomended la canna, and while it was one of the big boys after 96 it slipped.. i stayed in the hostel loads of times but got bud elsewhere.. just too big for their boots i reckon and now they dont even do the hostel.. [bet theyr growin in it innit]

my 2eurocents .. it wouldve been 4 but its so damn hard to remember these places once youve left eh?

TimewarP

swietdreams said:
bulldog had the first official coffeeshop license on O.Z. Voorburgwal in the red light, after being raided by police nearly every other day.
true i think.. altho the 'licences' werent given out until the middle of the 70's

puffin.. utreg is a really nice place huh.. i suppose the weed isnt as good cause the locals are more conservative maybe??? some of the nicest resturants ive eaten in holland.. and excellent music scene too.. always wanted to live with the mole people canalside.. very very low tourist population..
more of a 'real' holland experience imo.. take your wife and kids there style

andersom is near the movie theatre? was a little sterile
and a canal boat? where is that..??