What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry Sifting: can more work equal better hash?

G

Luckily all my life I've lived next door to a crazycool old time smoker, and recently he and I have found a rift of opinion towards hash. He says he'll only smoke dry sift hash that has been wrapped in cellophane and fried in a pan.
His reasoning is, the ice forces the THC molecules to suck themselves tighter together squeezing out all of the oxygen. I was pretty high at the time so I can't really remember the rest but I recall the point of the convorsation.
Dry sifting equals better hash. I was just wondering if anyone else has thoughts towards the matter

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Don't think it matters too much

Don't think it matters too much

You are talking about Bubble bags with Ice water Vers. Dry Sieve I'm betting.

Not sure Oxygen has to do with it.
Besides Heating and compressing the hash will do EXTACTLY what he says he does not like.
Heat and pressure burst the heads of the trichomes.

So I think he's mistaken.
But I been wrong before :)
Sin

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
For most people it is easier to achieve a higher quality using water extraction, however,
for those with the right skills,equipement, patience and diligence then dry sieve can be of a higher quality.

In the end it comes down to personal preference and experience.

as for cellophane and heating way overrated imho.

Latest posts

Latest posts