What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

longevity/viability of resin

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
im somewhat new to the storage of hash, and im curious whats the absolute best way to store it? out of natural light and jarred i presume? Also how long is hash good for if stored properly. does pressing make a difference?

Note, sorry gang the slang in my parts was to say shish instead of hashish.

Last edited:

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Pressing hash with a small amount of heat, puts a smooth hard sealed surface on it. This will prevent almost all degredation of its quality. I've stored both buds and hash in sealed Mason jars in a cool dark area for years and enjoyed them when opened. Heat, light, and moisture are what you want to avoid when it comes to long-term storage. I can verify from personal experience that 5 years is no problem at all. I also know of others that claim to have stored it for much longer.

Last edited:

Kosmo

hahaha thats funny i was in Egypt last year and shisha is hookah tobacco... are u part of a Bedouin gang or something...

Last edited:

THCzr

i remember reading a story a long while ago about the discovery of a viking ship / shipwreck where there was some hashish found that was still potent, or had some remaining potency to it....

dunno....

/shrug

THC

Papulz

Veteran
is the pressing necessary to retain potency if the product is to be stored in an airtight/dark area? as i understand it the pressing creates a barrier to oxidation 1, and 2 to light... does it help in another way that im missing? excluding the variations in taste one can find

sidenote ive been hand pressing my snowcap bubble lately for a more robust smoke.

stoney420

Pipedream said:
Pressing hash with a small amount of heat, puts a smooth hard sealed surface on it. This will prevent almost all degredation of its quality. I've stored both buds and hash in sealed Mason jars in a cool dark area for years and enjoyed them when opened. Heat, light, and moisture are what you want to avoid when it comes to long-term storage. I can verify from personal experience that 5 years is no problem at all. I also know of others that claim to have stored it for much longer.
great advice... well smoked some 3-4 yr old bubble last month for the holidays it was stored proper and i dont think it lost any potency since it was made still had me coughing up a lung :joint:

ilife

Resin Storage

Resin Storage

The best way to store resin powder is to keep it in the freezer after it has been properly dried. It will not change at all, even after years of storage. Do not press the resin until time of smoking this will keep from oxidation. Oxidation causes decrease in potency.

iLiFE

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
ilife said:
The best way to store resin powder is to keep it in the freezer after it has been properly dried. It will not change at all, even after years of storage. Do not press the resin until time of smoking this will keep from oxidation. Oxidation causes decrease in potency.

iLiFE
:yeahthats
Ive been storing Morrocan hash in the freezer over long periods, and it does not change at all...

Stay Safe

ilife

I have smoked homegrown Resin powder after it was stored in the freezer for more than 13 years. Melted and tasted like it was fresh.

iLiFE

red bubble

ilife said:
I have smoked homegrown Resin powder after it was stored in the freezer for more than 13 years. Melted and tasted like it was fresh.

iLiFE

hello!

and the result of the effect is he himself or to changed to you in some aspect??

red bubble

you pardon my English but I am Spanish,and not to be spoken very well in English.

sorry!

my question is if the effect of hash is different by the passage of time??(13 years in freezer).

greetings

Papulz

Veteran
AH, indeed sir i would like to know if its high has changed at all as well something tells me there has to be more cbn after 13 years even airtight in a freezer. gotta be smooth as could be as well heh

Butte

Veteran
Cherniak's new hashmaking book suggests "curing" resin for three months with low heat; Ive got a discussion thread going here. Come on over and let's discuss this...

- Butte

Latest posts

Latest posts