Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay Private Breeders > Archived Breeder Forums > Head Seeds > Plant Nutrition and Visual Diagnosis

Thread Title Search    
Click to buy IC Mag Products
 Plant Nutrition and Visual Diagnosis Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #46
Grat3fulh3ad
The Voice of Reason

Grat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivor
Glad I could be of some help...

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. ... It happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." – Carl Sagan

"There is rebirth of character, but no transmigration of a self. Thy thought-forms reappear, but there is no egoentity transferred. The stanza uttered by a teacher is reborn in the scholar who repeats the words. Only through ignorance and delusion do men indulge in the dream that their souls are separate and self-existent entities.""Our thinking is gone, but our thoughts continue. Reasoning ceases, but knowledge remains." – Buddha
Grat3fulh3ad jest offline   Quote

Old 08-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #47
Cozy Amnesia

Wow man, I'm glad I found this thread because it cleared up a lot of stuff for me. At first I thought I would need a degree in agriculture to understand it, but you explained everything very well. You should write a book and get it published man!

I've been reading about you're modified lucas formula for coco and now I know why you modified it in the way you did, from reading this and a couple of other good threads.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #48
Igotyourback
I Got Your Back

Igotyourback has a spectacular aura aboutIgotyourback has a spectacular aura about
Way To Much For Me To Understand But I Will Try

But only with help from the Old Fart Growers

With out them I am lost Thanks Guy's

And I Got Feiends
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?...211236&thumb=1
Igotyourback jest offline   Quote

Old 12-03-2009, 04:28 AM   #49
Genetics

Genetics is a name known to allGenetics is a name known to allGenetics is a name known to allGenetics is a name known to allGenetics is a name known to allGenetics is a name known to all
This is a great thread. Very informative.
Genetics jest offline   Quote

Old 06-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #50
KyleBroflovski

KyleBroflovski is on a distinguished road
Two questions GratefulHead. First, i thought N, P, and K were what were known as Primary Nutrients because plants use these in the highest amounts. The Macro Nutrients are Ca, and Mg and plants use these to regulate nutrient functions. Also your Casey Jones seems to have one heck of a strong indica stone.? Was the cutting I was presented the exception perhaps, and was selected primarily for yield or other visual characteristics as opposed to quality of high.? I have smoked MANY thai varities over the last couple decades and have found no similarities in your Casey Jones to those other Thais.? Whats the story?
KyleBroflovski jest offline   Quote

Old 06-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #51
Grat3fulh3ad
The Voice of Reason

Grat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivor
Quote:
The mineral nutrients are divided into two groups:
macronutrients and micronutrients.

Macronutrients
Macronutrients can be broken into two more groups:
primary and secondary nutrients.
The primary macronutrients are nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). These major nutrients usually are lacking from the soil first because plants use large amounts for their growth and survival.

The secondary macronutrients are calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), and sulfur (S). There are usually enough of these nutrients in the soil so fertilization is not always needed. Also, large amounts of Calcium and Magnesium are added when lime is applied to acidic soils. Sulfur is usually found in sufficient amounts from the slow decomposition of soil organic matter, an important reason for not throwing out grass clippings and leaves.

Micronutrients
Micronutrients are those elements essential for plant growth which are needed in only very small (micro) quantities . These elements are sometimes called minor elements or trace elements, but use of the term micronutrient is encouraged by the American Society of Agronomy and the Soil Science Society of America. The micronutrients are boron (B), copper (Cu), iron (Fe), chloride (Cl), manganese (Mn), molybdenum (Mo) and zinc (Zn). Recycling organic matter such as grass clippings and tree leaves is an excellent way of providing micronutrients (as well as macronutrients) to growing plants.
Casey is a polyhybrid with quite a bit of variation between individuals... there is some indica expression there, mostly from the diesel linage.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. ... It happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." – Carl Sagan

"There is rebirth of character, but no transmigration of a self. Thy thought-forms reappear, but there is no egoentity transferred. The stanza uttered by a teacher is reborn in the scholar who repeats the words. Only through ignorance and delusion do men indulge in the dream that their souls are separate and self-existent entities.""Our thinking is gone, but our thoughts continue. Reasoning ceases, but knowledge remains." – Buddha
Grat3fulh3ad jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #52
Rjstoner
phenotype bow hunter

Rjstoner is a jewel in the roughRjstoner is a jewel in the roughRjstoner is a jewel in the rough
awesome read!! thank you

my current grow and previous
my best times are the high times

Archery Talk
Rjstoner jest offline   Quote

Old 01-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #53
HighDesertJoe
COME ON PEOPLE NOW

HighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond reputeHighDesertJoe has a reputation beyond repute
I like it very much Good work. Hell I went though 2 years of JR college to get all that info and you laid it out just perfect. You an Ag teacher?
Life's a long song.

Jethro Tull
HighDesertJoe jest offline   Quote

Old 01-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #54
emerald city

Great read,all info in one place ...Thanks head.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #55
azad
Buzkashi

azad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivor
hi h3ad,, I hope you dont mind me posting a chart and lil info i came across.

I would like to share first the plant growth chart with few explanations regarding its content. The first thing to focus on is learning basic chemistry as starting point to better understand what is going on inside any plant and the nutrition plant process itself. I am not an expert and I am not pretending to become one in this field but good advice is learning basic stuff first about this topic if we want to understand how it works. The first thing that I learned was that any plant needs 17 elements to growth properly, so proper ratios of essentials nutrients might be applied to each type of crop depending on the growth stage, foliar and soil analysis.

The chart below shows the different types of minerals needed by a plant. Starting from the most common ones on the bottom of the chart, called natural nutrients, C,H,O,Cl which are found by the plant in the surroundings representing 98% of its requirement. The 2% left needed by the plant is classified as major nutrients, secondary nutrients and micronutrients. The last group called micronutrients accounts only for 2% out of the 2% left initially. In other words, just 0.04 units out of the 2 units are needed for any plant in order to survive this is a very tiny part but extremely essential for the plant system build up process

Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #56
azad
Buzkashi

azad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivorazad is a survivor
sorry

Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #57
SkinnyK

SkinnyK is on a distinguished road
I wish I had something for constructive to add to this discussion! So informative, thank you very much.
SkinnyK jest offline   Quote

Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #58
forestlaw

Thank you very much. Been looking for the info forever.

FL