What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco colas and a few Xtra bud shots!

Xtrakritical

I'd like to show my appreciation to the site and growers here who have helped me out, and soo many along the way!

So I will leave the chat room alone for a few, and get to posting some pics of my last few plants that were done in coco...

After posting a few pics from the past I would like to continue to post pics and info on my current grow.

I could sure use the help!
I cant honestly say that the move to coco coir has been without issuses... and it's been far from perfect. but what I have done wrong was obviously my fault (feeding to heavy for rooted clones) trying a new method of growing, SOG in 2 gal grow bags...

Anyway Lets get some pics up and we will take it from there... :woohoo:

Thanks for stoppin by and appreciate any positive feedback! POSITIVE LOL
ok, ok, I can take a little tough love... Bring it on peeps!

Xtra

Here is the goal OG Kush Bagseed
I got one seed passed off from a fiend, oh I mean friend that actually buys this stuff in bulk @ street value!
Anyway 1 seed and some veggin and we lucked out and got a female! :chin:

She's not perfect, but she's all I got! :badday:

Last edited:

Xtrakritical

A few for my Budz!

A few for my Budz!

Here is a strain called indica mix I got from Sunshine @ FC.com.
Sweetness at 54 days! :yoinks:
This was my 2nd run 1st was DWC and the results were the same...
This time in coco coir in grow bags, hand water run to waste...

Xtra

Xtrakritical

I'll grow anything! or at least try... :pointlaug

Here is some crazy Trainwreck cross that took forever but rewarded me for my patience with some purple tinge! :) Coco also hand fed PBP LQ and not sure what else... lol

Xtra

Xtrakritical

we could never thank JLP enough!

we could never thank JLP enough!

Thanks again to the man JLP!!!
Who without knowing has kept me going since joining ICmag, with strains like Ultimate Moonshine (Legends Ultimate Indica x dj's Blue Moonshine)

A-99 (Amnesia haze x c-99)

And this one here VBS x AK47
What else can I say...

I think its a 4.5 gal bucket, GH coco coir, compressed brick, green label.

Xtra

Last edited:

Xtrakritical

Moving right along...

Moving right along...

I guess thats it for the "show" portion of this thread...

back in a bit...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Nice pics!!! :wave:
Those VBS x Ak-47 buds are DENSE and fat....I cannot wait until I can grow like that lol

I just recently sampled some of JLP's Am99....potent stuff....smoking some right now lol....you got your setup and feeding dialed in...your plants always look great bro :yes:

peace!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey Xtrakriticle

it seems to me you have no real reason to complain, lol. that first plant looked a bit over ferted to me, but the rest are all looking prety good.

peace :wave:

Hey buddy! beautiful plants as always, i remember when your plants were just tiny things you have evolved to quite the grower

dood I gotta try coco I got a brick or 2 I think, how is coco with bugs? I love me some hydroton coco is so messy but I wanna try one day

I'm currently batteling some gnats or fruit flys or something

That VBSxAK-47 looks soo purple: Question: how potent is it compared to A99?

I have 2 vbs seeling babies and I currently smoke the shit out of a99 ;)

I love my some JLP

peace hydro grower =P

Xtrakritical

Thanks alot buds!

Thanks alot buds!

Hey VT! thanks for stopping by...
you're the man bro!

GM you are one of the ones leading the way with coco!
When I read back on your coco slabs, I could barely understand it! :pointlaug You have been around the block once or twice eh! lol

thanks for ur feedback!

Iamthehydro: thanks so much man! yeah we have had some nice stuff bloom in that lil cab of mine, thanks to my friends here!

I havent had any issues with gnats like when I was using promix, but I still keep those "HotShots Pest Strips" in the room just incase!
Coco and hydroton is an awesome combo, you will love it!
I say give it a go! Just use bags or pots big enough for whatever size plants you want... 2 gal bags were too small for me and plant got rootbound really quick!

The VBS is pretty and a nice smoke, but no where near as quick or potent as the A-99! depends on pheno of course, but mine went like 11 weeks and could have gone longer!

Buckeye! Good luck with your team tomorrow! LOL
You college football guys crack me up!
Im depressed both NY teams lost today... :badday:

TrichomeFarmer: My man, thanks for stopping by! feel free to post up any of your gorgeous ladies!

Yo damakkus: Where u been bud!? I say give it a go!

Thanks for all the love people!
Been a while since I been posting, and it feels good to be back!

Xtra

damakkus

West Coast ICer
I am depressed my boy romo fumble the snap on the go ahead field goal. What a season though. Id say the AFC will take it. Ravens defense is HOT! We'll see.

Yeah I picked up the grow mat and going to try that with the rw cubes. Once I finish up these cases of rw I am going to jump on the wagon.

Another fellow I was talking to swears by the stuff. And he has terrific results.

Are there any challenges with coco? Or is there a big learning process of trial and error?

Xtrakritical

Mixing Nutes and additives

Mixing Nutes and additives

Here is where I ask for help, please!!! :D

Everyone has there own specific nute line up and additves, and with all these formulas and stuff going around Im even more confused! lol

What I have:
Pure Blend Pro Veg and Bloom
Liquid Karma
Sweet
Calmag Max
Age Old Sea Kelp
Europonics Fossil fuel (liquid humic acids)
Kool Bloom
superthrive #4 (green and yellow label)

For flowering usually I use:
Tap water
PBP Bloom (hydro) at 15ml per gal
Liquid Karma 10ml per gal
Superthrive 1 drop per 2 gal
Kool Bloom later in flower half strenght

I know thats not balanced, can anyone suggest a nute mix more complete from the list above?

Thanks in advance

Xtra

F

Father Time

X-Man,
just wonderfull to see so many lovely flowers mate,i cannot get over how excited i am to be at the start of my Coco journey. :woohoo:

seeing sucess like this and the others on this great forum inspires me to try that little harder. :joint:
Kindest Regards,FT :wave:

XTRA have you tried Mountain Jam is that more potent than a99??

whats more potent than a99 all I got is

vbs, more a99, mt jam, NYCDx(crosses)

hmmm I guess mt jam is prob more potent than vbs

I guess with purple you sacrifice potency for beauty?

a99 is crazy good though but its the only think i been smoking for a few years lol!

Xtrakritical

quick update

quick update

Father Time: thanks for the kind words bud!
Ive been to your thread and things are looking very nice!!! :woohoo:

as a matter of fact, I'll be heading over right after this post to check out the progress! :moon:

Iamthehydro: the A-99 gave me 2 killer phenos, one slightly larger pistilation clusters, and the other was just super frosty!!! :yoinks: I would go with the A99 again and see what comes from the new beans...

I can say the I had no luck with the mountain jam, and I had very high hopes for them! but timing or whatever was off... :badday:

Things are going much better around here these days...
glad to be back in the game!

Xtra

I tried to get some pics of the but they all came out blurry...
also a shot of the cuts in flower and a couple in veg soaking up some hps while its on.

G

Looking fantastic krit! Are you sure this is your first run with coco?