What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Best Haze

G

hi nifty, i think the dutchmans is the closest to the old haze lines and then maybe nevils after that. the others you have mentioned are a mix up of haze genes that in my oppinion come no where near the real thing.

G

also my friend theres some new haze seeds around that originate from some real old lines. i am sure you will here about them soon on your thread.

G

Nevil's Haze is supposed to be one of the best 3/4 haze hybrids around. I've also heard alot of praise for Soma's Amnesia haze, actually I've heard great things about everything you've listed.It all boils down to what you want to try. good luck .

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I like Original Haze x Skunk#1 very much, hazes are a pain in the ass to grow but this one is a good example of a nicely balanced haze x...very suitable for indoors, I like it much more than our NH that is good also.

A couple OHxSk#1 nugs, kinda immature but still they were good..

OHxSk#1 early in flower and NH very early in flower..

NH top could have gone waaaay longer this is around 4 months like the next pic

Immature bud NH closer

NHxG13

JLP's A99 (Cinderella female and soma's Amnesia Haze male) the nicest new haze hybrid we have atm...Im very pleased..

We like hazes of many kinds lol..

Last edited:

Blazed_Out

The Flying Dutchmen's Original Haze is the closest to the original Haze line on the market.
There are a couple of people around that have some Haze originating from the old Haze line that hasn't been worked with much and are going through a preservation process (not a stabilization process) to protect the diverseness of its genetics.

My 5 Hazes I'd like to try out:
1. Mr. Nice SSH
2. Mr. Nice Neville's Haze
3. Soma's Amnesia Haze
4. Kiwi's Mako Haze
5. Flying Dutchmen's Original Haze (for breeding with)

I've heard a lot of good things about the Thai Lights. There are many types of Thai so when you say which is the closest to the original Thai, I would have to say all those choices you have already stated unless you go to Thailand and find the best in the land.

Mibri

Those u have on the list are exactly the once on my list as well. They definately sound nice. Haven't been fortunate enough to try any of them yet though.

Mibri

Sorry - i can't seem to find Mr nice seedbank. Can somebody post a link? Also on resellers sites i can't find Mr Nice Neville's Haze

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
HotHouseFlowers has released some old Haze lines as well. Pretty long flowering time, but should worth the wait !

Type: Pure Sativa. Heirloom Lines
Flowering: 112-150 days
Outdoor: December - harvest full moon minimum.
Created: Assecion Created Spring 2006

'The Haze' is a assecion of pure Haze lines from authentic old Californian lines of the 1970's. This is unhybridised, pure heirloom Haze that meets with all the legenedry descriptions of old. The line has been kept as open as possible and more diverse phenotypical expressions can be found than in the more heavilly inbred Dutch seedbank lines. This makes this incredible and extremely beutifull pure Sativa a important breeding tool and delight for the connisuer cultivator seeking the ultimate in beuty and quality of high. Maintained in pure form she will provide a lifetime long love affair and a journey through some of the best Sativa ever created. These are very special plants that require the love and respect of experienced and carefull cultivators.

The line forms into two predominating phenotypes, a 'purple' and 'green' with combinations of the two in larger plant groups giving silvers, blues and all ranges of reds through to almost black. Both phenotype groups are extremly potent, with slightly different quality of high. The green can be very Psycodelic and edgy. The blues and purples more deep and profound in effect. Silvers and Silver Blues can be a great balance of both. All plants are good to great, some are simply incredible and words cannot be found to describe the quality.

Tastes range with phenotypes but all plants are a delight on the pallate and a pleasant sensory experience, over all there are grassy, spicy, fruity, musky, peppery, earth and many combinations thereoff are possible.

The plants grow to typical pure Sativa types, large vigorous and branchy. Indoors they require at least 16 weeks in the fastest phenotypes and many of the better plants can take upwards of 18 weeks on 12hr lighting. To fuly mature plants we suggest lowering flowering times down in the latter part of the flowering period. On 12hr light regimes they will flower and phenotypes can be selected to suit this, leaving the possiblllity open to flower a trained Haze in many growrooms alongside other shorter flowering varities.

Outdoors the plants can be huge and less than 40 degrees from the equator can deliver incredible yeilds of the best quality herbs. Haze was traditionally greenhouse grown during development and she responds great in this environment. She needs a location with full sun and sunshine right through into December to give her best. We suggest force flowering during the summer using darkening systemts to maximise yeilds and potentcy. Under mother natures light the flowers are simply incredible and this is the best way to grow Haze in our opinion. Plants can get huge in every direction, and can reach 4.5m over a full season with massive side branching if planted to ground.

The Haze produces the most beutifull plants we have witnessed and delivers the most sublime smoking experience, she is without doubt the 'el primo' a deeply profound and moving experience for the cultivator and smoker alike.

Irie !

zamalito

Veteran
. If you have trouble gettibng a link send me or hothouse flowers a pm. You could by 5 packs of their haze for the price of one neville's haze or 3 for the price of one tfd haze. I haven't grown any yet but this is the only have any desire to grow right now. This is the only haze available that will produce silverblue types as well as purple, black and a more rare solid red pheno. Beautiful colombians. Do a search for posts by hothouse flowers and look in his gallery. If you click on his name I believe there's a link to where you can but his seeds there. The price is really good right now because they're a new company. Hopefully the price won't go up but if its as good as it sounds then he could charge a lot more once it catches on.

Last edited by a moderator:

ngakpa

Veteran
hey Nifty,

yeh, you only need to read the way HHF discusses plants and breeding to see there is real knowledge, love, taste and experience there... I would be persuaded - and the range of phenos there looks very useful too

if you are going on a sativa trip, my personal preference would be to do as broad a spectrum as you can, with a balance between newer breeds and older landraces that suits you

apart from making life more interesting, it will also make for some handy crosses with crazy hybrid vigour

yeh, it would be interesting to make a list of contemporary varieties which contain Thai genes - off the top of my head: Voodoo, Leda Uno, anything Blueberry, Thai Lights, Thai Widow, Amazonia ... (a few more KCBrains strains mention Thai, though I forget which) ... as for how many of them are much of an introduction to Thai itself I wouldn't know - Leda Uno has a nice high, but is generally pretty indica in appearance and smell - greasy, indica leaf pattern, lemon washing-up liquid smell

G

For 2007 I have decided that I am going to grow mostly sativas. I have the space for the them and I am prepared for the long waits and the measly yields.

Not all Sativas are low yeilding. To your list of 'top flight' strains I would also respectfully suggest the addition of the CannaBiogen Destroyer. This is a exceptional indoor Sativa that delivers both great yeilds over time and wonderfull Thai dominant Herbs with 'Hazey' effects. It is also very easy to grow for a first time pure Sativa and only minimal Selections need to be made to find exceptional plants for your environment. It really is a exceptional pure Sativa line, that also yeilds well indoors. A great starting point in growing pure Sats I think, no heartaches in this one.

Our Haze line is more the end of a long journey, rather than the beggining of one. Sometimes it is nice to make that journey and you need the knowledge and understanding you gather along the way to get what you want and much more from pure Hazes. Some are beyond any other Sativa for me, no doubts, but you have to put more work into finding those that work for you, especially if you have intentions of breeding with them.

All the best, hhf