Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Green House Seeds > El Niño

Thread Title Search
El Niño Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2006, 01:17 PM #1
franco.gh
Peace, love and THC

franco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the rough
El Niño

El Niño

The El Niño, winner of the High Times Cannabis Cup in 1998, is one of the elite members of the White family, related to the White Widow and the Great White Shark. It is a very bushy short plant with big thick leaves, very wide leaflets and very short internodes. The plant has a generally fast metabolism, guaranteeing fast growth and a short flowering time of 8-9 weeks. The stems are thick and strong, allowing the buds to get heavy without any problems of falling branches. The genetics are derived from the original White Widow (Brazilian x South Indian) crossed with Haze and Super Skunk.
Introduced it to the Cannabis Cup in 1998, it won the first prize in the Bio category. Since then the popularity of the El Niño has grown steadily, thanks to its high resin production, strong versatility to different growing conditions and nice yield.
The El Niño is an ideal plant for both indoor and outdoor. Many indoor growers like to grow it in sea of green systems, with up to 25 plants per square meter in 5.5 liters containers or rockwool slabs. Others prefer to allow maximum plant development and use 20 liters containers spreading just 3 to 5 plants per square meter.
Outdoor growers have a great deal of freedom with this plant, which adapts to most environments with little or no stress. The best results have been obtained in turf-rich soil or volcanic soil, in very sunny spots (ideally the southern side of a hill or mountain). Some growers add volcanic lava-stones to their soil, or bat guano, to enrich the mineral content and increase growth and resin production. The El Niño has a flowering time between 8 and 9 weeks and finishes outdoor around 20-30 September, making it suitable for most temperate locations, regardless of the altitude or proximity with the sea.
Indoor, the best results are achieved allowing at least 3 weeks of 18 hrs before switching to flowering. This gives the plants full development and maximizes the production of flowers and, most important, resin. Some growers let the plants grow (from clones) on 18 hrs for up to 21 days in 20 liters containers (or bigger), allowing the plants to reach the 130-140 cm. at harvest. This will give full branching and very bushy plants, but the total flower production will be slightly less, because the small flowers inside the plant do not receive enough light to develop. In this case pruning some leaves is a good idea, to let more air and light in the inner plant area.
The El Niño needs good amounts of feedings; the EC level should be at around 1.3 at start and 1.6-1.8 at flowering peak. Organic feeding for plants in soil will make a sweeter smoke. Maximum resin production and bud size is achieved in hydro systems, with a pH of 5.5 at start and 5.8 at finish. In this case the EC can reach 2.2, but regular flushing should be applied to avoid salt buildup in the medium.
The production of the El Niño can reach 600-800 grams per square meter indoor or 400-600 grams per plant outdoor. Once properly dried and cured, the smoke is amazingly smooth, with a sweet indica taste backed up by a spicy-peppery after taste. The buds are covered in shiny resin, with huge trychomes and big calyxes. The smell as well as the taste is somehow close to the White Widow, with an extra edge on the sweet side and a more intense spiciness in the aftertaste.
The El Niño is strong in the body-stoned effect and it gives a very intense mental high.

Seeds available on Seed Boutique!

franco.gh is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:27 PM #2
trichomefarmer
re-loading

trichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of lighttrichomefarmer is a glorious beacon of light
nice pictures...
I wonder what does greenhouse consider as bio?

what do you guys use for nutes?

Old 12-24-2006, 05:26 AM #3
franco.gh
Peace, love and THC

franco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the roughfranco.gh is a jewel in the rough
We are constantly testing feedings. We had great results with House & Garden and AHH, but it really depends on your system. Plagron is a great BIO company, they really go organic.
For Gh standards, Bio is Bio, no bullshit. Bio means NO synthetic feedings. Period.
I know, you can argue that real BIO doesn't exist anymore (look at the heavy metal content in rainwater or soil samples from all over the planet.....), but you have to make a clear differentiation. The only way to go is to distinguish between organic and syntethic fertilizers.
I am also very skeptical about the so called ORGANIC HYDRO....
I believe hydro is syntethic feedings, so it cannot be organic. But that's my opinion.....

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:15 AM #4
damakkus
West Coast ICer

damakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nicedamakkus is just really nice
Dude you grew and photographed that

I wanta party with you. Great job

GROW UNITED
damakkus is offline Quote

Old 12-26-2006, 12:59 PM #5
franco.gh
Peace, love and THC

I never say no to party!!!!!
Merry X-mas to all ICMag growers, breeders and tokers!
Peace Love and THC!

Old 01-06-2007, 04:35 AM #6
captainfrag

captainfrag is on a distinguished road
all 3 were 100% germ rate, but they all caught fursarium wilt indoors and have taken 10 weeks with still a lil more to go. they didnt yield that good at all either. im highly dissapointed in these seeds. hopefully the smoke will redemm itself after a cure. will have pics soon.
captainfrag is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 03:57 AM #7
DocLeaf
procreationist

DocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud of
yo

El Nino (aka Godzilla) 2005

Seed to clone in growdan cube (bless kerbdog) dropped into canna pro mix (15 days approx.) 1 week 16/8 under 400w hps. then into 12/12. nice spurt of growth during weeks 3-5, filled out during week 6-9.

nice plant to have in the garden,,, good layer of frosty resin.

(most photos lost to OG).

peace all
dLeaf

!!! DANGER GLASS WEED THREAD !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42251

FRITILLARY SEEDS ...

https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=86
REGULAR ORGANIC SEEDS FOR ORGANIC GROWERS !!

Last edited by DocLeaf; 01-07-2007 at 04:00 AM..
DocLeaf is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2007, 06:23 PM #8

[b]Looks like trimming my outdoor el nino is going to be time consuming to say the least..lol..lots of leaves!! can't wait!

Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 AM #9
Gimpykid12

Gimpykid12 is on a distinguished road
just ordered this. franco can you tell me the days veg / dry harvest on that? planning on doing a 60day veg large scrog with 1-2 of those babies.
Gimpykid12 is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2008, 02:43 PM #10
bosswall1
Grow ure own Bud

bosswall1 is on a distinguished road
I have grown this strain was not 1 of my favourites from GHSco,not a good yielder but potency is good and its very easy to grow.
bosswall1 is offline Quote