What's new

Freezer. . . . . . . .Need Suggestions{pics}

:mad: went to preview post and clicked back and all my typing was gone!

lol, Anyways. I got a freezer and need to find out the best way to mount

my exhaust for the cooltube. and is it safe with my fan the way i have it

running. the Exact names of parts will help greatly when walking into the

D-pot.

FYI this is my first grow, still tryin to work out the kinks. Got a 400w HPS/MH conversion bulb. Had a 75w on the plants for a week till i got the
HPS/MH.

The exhaust and intake are both 4in but maybe a little crooked(sp?) cause i

used a chisel. I got the fan taped up there now, lol. thanks guys for helpin

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

Is it ok for all the hot air to be going through that particular inline fan with the motor incased inside the fan like it is? :chin:

mrgrowmez

:wave: what are you using for a cooltube?
I would think about making a seal around the fan and the freezer wall, make it nice and airtight.... and also are you goin to use a reflector on your light or is it reflective enough in that freezer.
good luck
growmez

Last edited:
mrgrowmez said:
:wave: what are you using for a cooltube?
I would think about making a seal around the fan and the freezer wall, make it nice and airtight.... and also are you goin to use a reflector on your light or is it reflective enough in that freezer.
good luck
growmez

the cooltube is hurrican glass from walmart. it's a tad short though, bout an inch shorter than the bulb.

I sealed it all up and can't get my temps below 95F.

for some reason my inline doesn't seem to be sucking what it should be through the cooltube. But stickin my hand behind the exhaust it's pushin out alot of air.

Trying to get a fan but no stores have fans during the winter. I'm running low on money so I've been trying to come up with a cheap solution. Right now I'm using a 75w HPS cause the 400 is too hot.

think if i just have this fan positioned on the cooltube it'll help??

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-8587048?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000FIJ32I

mrgrowmez

i think it would help, where do you have your ballast? outside or inside they space with the plants. also try to keep the ducting as strate as you can without unesecary curves in it. defenetley get another fan in there tho and aim it at the top of the plants.

growmez

Last edited:
mrgrowmez said:
also i cant see your intakes, im assuming you have some and how big are they?

Picture number 5 is the intake. It's 4in.

Once that new fan comes in I'll be able to run the 400watter.

mrgrowmez

ah ok :badday: my bad. wasnt looking properley
if its only 4inches and your havin temp problems i would suggest doubling the size up on your intake hole perhaps, so its at leasat double the outlet holes size. doing this will make things alot easier on your current fan in any case and it will be able to do its job better.

also having a clear and open air path for the air to be pulled in will help as well, it looks as tho your fridge is up against the wall so if you could pull it out and away from the wall a bit it would allow for better airflow in and out, ive read the intake should be unhindered for at least twice the diameter, so if its 4inches in diameter have an 8inch space away from the wall
growmez

Last edited:
Still having heat problems even with the tornado fan pointing straight into the

cooltube.

I'm thinking I might have to just cut 2 more holes into the freezer to the

left and right of the original cooltube exhaust.

So i'm gonna try and vent the cooltube with fresh air outside and out the

back right.

Also, You think it would be alright to make the fan 'Push' cool air through the

cooltube instead of pulling it??

supafly

Most fans seem to pull better than anything. If you have a way to pull some cool air in the vents that would be a good way of cooling your box.

I would say you need some more air flow. You have to keep a lot of air moving to keep a bulb cool.

What is the temp of the air being pulled in?

Try running another hose from the front of the cool tube out the fride so that its not pulling the air into the box. Then a smaller fan can change air in the box.

Just some thoughts.

G

You should be able to push or pull the air if your fan is connected air tight to one end of the cooltube. Personally i have my fan sucking the air from the cooltube but i dont think it makes that much difference.

You need to make sure your intake is at least twice the area of your outtake.

The way i have my cab set up is three 5 inch holes for intake, i then have the cooltube (5inch) hanging one end open and one with with ducting going out of the top of the cab.
My fan is mounted inline on the top of the cab then the ducting goes through the ceiling and into the loft or a carbon scrubber. Ballast out of the cab helps too!
Also i have a small desk fan blowing at the plants tops just below the cooltube.

I think you could use a 180cfm fan but i would probably go with the 265 if possible.
I dont no how far exactly you can duct with the fans you are looking at but it wont cool very well with 20 feet of ducting. I run my inline with about 5-6 in total.

I hope this has helped if you have any more questions i will try and help.
Good luck ~neilspotshop

neilspotshop said:
You should be able to push or pull the air if your fan is connected air tight to one end of the cooltube. Personally i have my fan sucking the air from the cooltube but i dont think it makes that much difference.

You need to make sure your intake is at least twice the area of your outtake.

The way i have my cab set up is three 5 inch holes for intake, i then have the cooltube (5inch) hanging one end open and one with with ducting going out of the top of the cab.
My fan is mounted inline on the top of the cab then the ducting goes through the ceiling and into the loft or a carbon scrubber. Ballast out of the cab helps too!
Also i have a small desk fan blowing at the plants tops just below the cooltube.

I think you could use a 180cfm fan but i would probably go with the 265 if possible.
I dont no how far exactly you can duct with the fans you are looking at but it wont cool very well with 20 feet of ducting. I run my inline with about 5-6 in total.

I hope this has helped if you have any more questions i will try and help.
Good luck ~neilspotshop

I can only imagine how loud the blowers are.

My freezer is in my Laundry room which is connected by a door to my living

room(also serves as a carport entrance and backyard exit). So it's not a

main attraction room but it is kinda next to the main room, so stealth

is small factor but not entirely too big(since laundry room is always running).

Ok, so if you look at picture 1 you can see my water heater to at the top

right. To the left of my water heater you will see a metal ducting pipe, well

that pipe goes straight into my attic. I have two of those(one not in

picture). I was thinking of setting my blower right up there at the top in the

attic. Question is will a 265 CFM squirrel cage fan gonna be able to generate

enough pull/push power to cool my cooltube?

And also how should i set up the blower. Sucking air from the cooltube into
the attic? or since it's winter here should i have it sucking air from attic
and blowing down through ducting and through my cooltube?

Does the static pressure matter either way you have it set up? I would like
to be able to reverse it during our humid 100F summers.

G

I dont use a squirral cage so i am not 100% sure but i think you would be fine ducting to that vent and connecting it to the cooltube.
Dose the ducting from next to the watercooler just go straight into the ceiling space directly above the room with the freezer? what i am getting at is theres not another floor above the room you have the freezer in. If not then i think you should be fine.

I cant hear my inline in the next room so i don't think noise from the fan would be a major problem. The air flow will make some noise in the cab but shouldn't be to bad.
As for sucking and blowing you would ether have your fan in the loft sucking air through the ducting or you would have you fan blowing air but connected to the intake side of your cooltube and then the other side ducted into the loft.
The fan has to send the air through the outtake ducting whether its blowing or sucking otherwise you wont have negative pressure and smell will leek out of the cab.
I would probably try having the the fan in the loft sucking through the ducting and the cool tube.
With air cooling i think the closest you will get to the air temp that is coming in is about 3 degrees c so to get lower you would need an air conditioning unit of some kind.